Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed the Ronin Plug at 1600 miles and changed my oil today at 7880 miles on the odometer. I used Valvoline 5W-30 full synthetic both times. I let it drain for about 30 minutes until the drip drip drip slowed down to almost nothing.
I ordered a new wave spring washer from Ronin cuz i wanted to take the whole thing out and see if the magnet caught any burs.

Per suggestions from Ronin I titled the truck to get the most amount of oil out.

1652153631934.jpeg

I attached a short hose to the plug and had the cleanest oil change EVER!! NO MESS at all ..... not a single drop on the floor.

IMG-8360.jpg

The filter showed sign of oil penetrating to the first o-ring but the second o-ring stayed blue

IMG-2602.jpg

When i ordered the spring washer from Ronin they sent me some other o-rings as well ....

1652152549394.jpeg

but i only used one for the golden cap and the other for the main plug. Also when I removed the plug itself, even though the truck was tilted, i got a small surge of oil that would have been trapped and mixed with the new oil. So keep that in mind, if you only use the attachment to drain.

1652152637810.jpeg

After removing the main plug I hovered it over a sheet of paper that had a strong magnet underneath and this is the result.

1652152763954.jpeg

the black marks are metal shavings that were attached to the Ronin plug magnet ..... size wise its very very fine, but non the less, it was there.

I got a smidge under 7 qts out so i replaced it with the same amount, maybe a little less.

Another thing i noted was after the startup and the new oil re-circulation, my idle rpm dropped to 500 ..... i have never been under 800, so i have no idea what that's all about. Any input on this?

well, that's it .... super happy with Ronin and hope you have a similar experience1
I too did my 2nd oil change with the Ronan plug. While I didn't remove the plug to check for filings, it was by far the cleanest oil change ever. I slowly turned the fitting to see how slow the oil would come out at first... you could make it drip out if you wanted. Great product.
Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed my Ronin plug yesterday. Feels properly seated but I can still partially see the spring washer, gold cap logo is vertical, Ronin name is at the bottom on the base plug. Hoping its seated correctly. Anybody else have that worry its not seated correctly?

jatt143

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRaptor, C63s, Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Installed my Ronin plug yesterday. Feels properly seated but I can still partially see the spring washer, gold cap logo is vertical, Ronin name is at the bottom on the base plug. Hoping its seated correctly. Anybody else have that worry its not seated correctly?
Yup, I just installed mine yesterday and I can also partially see the wavy ring and logo is vertical. I tried to wiggle it and pull it out but it didn't move.

I do have a gut feeling that it's either installed wrong or not correct fitment.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup, I just installed mine yesterday and I can also partially see the wavy ring and logo is vertical. I tried to wiggle it and pull it out but it didn't move.

I do have a gut feeling that it's either installed wrong or not correct fitment.
Ive already put 7qts of Pennzoil Platinum in and driven to work. Hopefully it doesnt puke itself out. Cause we know all the oil drains out in half a second.

Sponsored

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Another thing i noted was after the startup and the new oil re-circulation, my idle rpm dropped to 500 ..... i have never been under 800, so i have no idea what that's all about. Any input on this?
Still running the factory fill (not quite to 1k mi), but idle of 500-600 rpm once fully warmed up is a normal occurrence in mine.

jatt143

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I haven't driven it yet but i did let it sit idel for 10-15 mins. let me know how yours turned out?

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't driven it yet but i did let it sit idel for 10-15 mins. let me know how yours turned out?
I may put it on ramps when I get home and check it again. Just makes me nervous knowing how fast the oil dumps out when the plug gets pulled. Gonna check the level before I leave work.

jatt143

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I may put it on ramps when I get home and check it again. Just makes me nervous knowing how fast the oil dumps out when the plug gets pulled. Gonna check the level before I leave work.
If you can take a picture and share it here, I'll do the same. I want to email that to Ronin to confirm. sad they don't have a support phone number otherwise I would've called them.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you can take a picture and share it here, I'll do the same. I want to email that to Ronin to confirm. sad they don't have a support phone number otherwise I would've called them.
I'll see what I can do. Its been raining here all damn day. Not gonna do it in a downpour.

Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

sounds like you have not pressed it in enough .... the wave ring should be crushed flat before you turn the valve itself. It will make a snapping sound when its pushed to flatness so to speak.

Do you have a leak? run your fingers around it to see if its moist.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sounds like you have not pressed it in enough .... the wave ring should be crushed flat before you turn the valve itself. It will make a snapping sound when its pushed to flatness so to speak.

I can see the spring washer and I just checked mine again. I cant get it to budge. I actually have to push mine in against the spring washer to get it to turn like I was gonna remove it.
Ford Bronco 2.7L Oil Change Tips + Replacement Drain Plugs 20220523_195324

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was the scene after the factory plug pull.
Ford Bronco 2.7L Oil Change Tips + Replacement Drain Plugs 20220522_131326

jatt143

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I can see the spring washer and I just checked mine again. I cant get it to budge. I actually have to push mine in against the spring washer to get it to turn like I was gonna remove it.
Mine looks exactly the same way

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

its definitely not seated properly .... remember you dont need a tool to tighten it .... it looks like it has scuffs on it from using a wrench or something.
Sponsored