First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
There was another one I saw that I liked better and it was about $55. I will see if I can find it again.

UPR Billet Easy Oil Drain Plug with Drain Valve - UPR Guaranteed - 100% LEAK FREE - Compatible with F150, Raptor, Mustang, Explorer ST

https://a.co/d/8QfFPW9

$55 on Amazon

Ford Bronco 2.7L Oil Change Tips + Replacement Drain Plugs Billet Oil Plug.JPG

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2940702719...MI7aCb7or49wIVKRitBh2Q3QFyEAQYAiABEgJAwPD_BwE

I liked the Billet one as my second chose.
The others require a separate part to screw into the plug.
I can see that part come up missing in my shop.
Sponsored

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my Bronco end of March. Still super low miles so haven't had the need to change it yet. But just have a few questions.

Crazy how something traditionally so simple is this whole ordeal.

I recently bought an extra filter and 7 quarts of oil to have on hand to protect against any shortages. Plan on getting it done at the dealership but worst case have the stuff on hand to do it myself.

Just a few questions.

1) It sounds like the stock yellow plug can be used again if needed. Like if the dealer was out of stock say to shortages it could be reused?

2) Is this the stock plug? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09WVQPQV...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

3) How often are you changing the oil? I know it's common to change it early the first time. Whats the average amount we should do this? Online it says 7,500 to 10,000 for synthetic. My sales rep said every 7,500. But the Ford maintenance schedule has oil changes included at the 10,000 - 20,000 - 30,000 mark etc... So just seeing how to best fit 7,500 into those even 10K maintenance checkups which I have included.

Thank you!

Last edited:
OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my Bronco end of March. Still super low miles so haven't had the need to change it yet. But just have a few questions.

I recently bought an extra filter and 7 quarts of oil to have on hand to protect against any shortages. Plan on getting it done at the dealership but worst case have the stuff on hand to do it myself.

Just a few questions.

1) It sounds like the stock yellow plug can be used again if needed. Like if the dealer was out of stock say to shortages it could be reused?

2) Is this the stock plug? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09WVQPQV...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

3) How often are you changing the oil? I know it's common to change it early the first time. Whats the average amount we should do this? Online it says 7,500 to 10,000 for synthetic. My sales rep said every 7,500. But the Ford maintenance schedule has oil changes included at the 10,000 - 20,000 - 30,000 mark etc... So just seeing how to best fit 7,500 into those even 10K maintenance checkups which I have included.

Thank you!
1. I've reused my OEM plug for my first two oil changes. Just check the o-ring before you re-install.

2. No that is an aftermarket version but same idea. Not sure the exact part number for a bronco plug but this is from a F150 2.7L and should work.
KX6Z-6730-B
https://www.ruxerparts.com/oem-parts/ford-plug-oil-drain-kx6z6730b

3. Depends on your driving habits. At worst, follow your oil life monitor. It's in your fordpass app or you can find it in the menu of your gauge cluster. 10k should be the maximum. I'm going with 5k to make it rounded intervals (5,10,15,20,etc). Some people who get free maintenance or oil changes will have it done at the dealer at 10k and then change it themselves halfway through.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Just a few questions.

Thank you!
3250 target - 5000 max on full synthetic Mobile One. 5000 max because I do a lot of highway miles and changing the oil monthly is just a little over the top when doing mostly highway miles.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
1. I've reused my OEM plug for my first two oil changes. Just check the o-ring before you re-install.

2. No that is an aftermarket version but same idea. Not sure the exact part number for a bronco plug but this is from a F150 2.7L and should work.
KX6Z-6730-B
https://www.ruxerparts.com/oem-parts/ford-plug-oil-drain-kx6z6730b

3. Depends on your driving habits. At worst, follow your oil life monitor. It's in your fordpass app or you can find it in the menu of your gauge cluster. 10k should be the maximum. I'm going with 5k to make it rounded intervals (5,10,15,20,etc). Some people who get free maintenance or oil changes will have it done at the dealer at 10k and then change it themselves halfway through.
It’s so hard to find the oem plug locally or with free shipping. Kinda surprising given so many people recommend replacing at _every_ oil change!

Sponsored

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The Ronin plug is great.
Ford Bronco 2.7L Oil Change Tips + Replacement Drain Plugs 371B277F-5B87-4D61-A1C9-BC3DE7378038

OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sgm

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, 21 Ranger, 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update to the dipstick thing. My Badlands w/2.7L was built early July and still has the same dipstick w/PN# FT4E-6750-BF that from factory shows oil to the twist after several days sitting in the garage.

Some posts on the Ronin plug indicates the way the plug projects into the pan will leave up to 12 oz in the pan which I think accounts for their recommendation to tilt the rig.

As for the 15 minute wait to check a hot engine oil level I assumed was to let the oil settle in the dipstick chamber through the check valve - will do this procedure after I run it next to see what the level is then and update.

The new player in the replacement plug game from UPR seems to be a great option since it looks and functions much the same as the OEM for install and locking as an OEM, double O ring but with drain control we all want to prevent messes where a 1/2" hose can be used as well; also has a magnet on the tip. It can even be removed like the OEM to get that last bit out. Not as pricey as well.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081D6RB2V/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_NSD9T3M2XDZMWPA2WRBH_0

El Diablo

Badlands
First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 and 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update to the dipstick thing. My Badlands w/2.7L was built early July and still has the same dipstick w/PN# FT4E-6750-BF that from factory shows oil to the twist after several days sitting in the garage.

Some posts on the Ronin plug indicates the way the plug projects into the pan will leave up to 12 oz in the pan which I think accounts for their recommendation to tilt the rig.

As for the 15 minute wait to check a hot engine oil level I assumed was to let the oil settle in the dipstick chamber through the check valve - will do this procedure after I run it next to see what the level is then and update.

The new player in the replacement plug game from UPR seems to be a great option since it looks and functions much the same as the OEM for install and locking as an OEM, double O ring but with drain control we all want to prevent messes where a 1/2" hose can be used as well; also has a magnet on the tip. It can even be removed like the OEM to get that last bit out. Not as pricey as well.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081D6RB2V/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_NSD9T3M2XDZMWPA2WRBH_0
I like this design better than the Femco that I was contemplating on getting. https://www.femco.com/product/ford-...mLS5Tz1gIBdJBnaOyq-Usy6H74WTB__kaAgmoEALw_wcB

Reactions: 0ne

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FWIW, I keep an old plug from my oil changes prior to the aftermarket plug as an emergency spare in the glove box. Cheap insurance.

Sponsored
OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FWIW, I keep an old plug from my oil changes prior to the aftermarket plug as an emergency spare in the glove box. Cheap insurance.
How’s that Amazon unit holding up?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Last edited:
OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sgm

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, 21 Ranger, 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like this design better than the Femco that I was contemplating on getting. https://www.femco.com/product/ford-...mLS5Tz1gIBdJBnaOyq-Usy6H74WTB__kaAgmoEALw_wcB
Went to the UPR website and found it for a little less there than the Amazon offer. Am using ValvoMax on my other rigs, however, they don't have one for this yellow plug in the plastic oil pan set up; though their website does show one... am in discussion about that with them. The convenience of guiding the drain with a hose and having the ability to start/stop it at will is great - much less mess potential in my garage! On my 21 Ranger, I no longer have to remove the skid plate, just the right front tire for the filter change.

missin44

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Crap.... really?! I hated lifting my old cars / pulling on to ramps to change the oil. I was excited to not have to on this since I can fit under
Just put some scrap 2x4. bricks on the drivers side and drive it up.
Sponsored

Reactions: Sgm