Sponsored

2.7L, or 2.3L. Help me make the right decision.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Only time will tell if the 2.3 or 2.7 are more reliable long term. Saying one is "working harder" is subjective. Many old 4runners from the 80s and 90s are still running fine, and were about half the horsepower of these Broncos. I know, I had one, and I know what under powered is. I would have to shift down from overdrive going over a pass, to 4th. Sometimes in Colorado, down to 3rd! Thankfully, I had a stick. And I'll always prefer a stick to a hunting, shifting automatic that tries to figure out what gear based on my throttle pedal.

To me, long term reliability is what I want. My 4runner did 260,000 mi on the original clutch. My F-150 V8 5.4 is now at 240,000 and still going well, drive it every couple days. Screaming turbos, SpaceX level computers running transmissions, "drive by wire" cameras, all that junk is going to break. How well will a 2.7 Auto driven like a mad man last? Will it get 250,000 mi without a problem?

You're talking to a former aerospace engineer that worked on the Stealth and many other high tech programs. Sometimes low tech is better, sometimes low power lasts longer.
Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP,
After 17 pages, has anyone convinced you what to get?😉

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is a discussion (forum) place. Not a "answer one guy's question" place. Discussion helps many others with similar questions, and offers many things to think about. Useless joke comments and Memes are what make this forum quite frustrating for someone not camped out here to just get likes for how funny they are. Most repliers with high post counts clutter up every thread so that a person seeking info has to spend much more time hunting for "information" and ignoring the "funny comment" posts.

Drunken Wisdom (END)

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Interesting "broad brush" strokes there. "Most" is obviously 50.1% and above. Is it really that many people that clutter up a board? Could it possibly be that many of the high post count folks do have information to spread, and HAVE SPREAD, that IS useful? Your comment could also be taken to mean that "low post count folks", aka newer folks, have more right to their opinion than the more seniored folks on the board? ♻

I find that interesting in either aspect. Continue on of course. I'll keep actual details internal just so that people don't consider it slanderous or offensive. YMMV. 🤷‍♀️

Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Only time will tell if the 2.3 or 2.7 are more reliable long term. Saying one is "working harder" is subjective. Many old 4runners from the 80s and 90s are still running fine, and were about half the horsepower of these Broncos. I know, I had one, and I know what under powered is. I would have to shift down from overdrive going over a pass, to 4th. Sometimes in Colorado, down to 3rd! Thankfully, I had a stick. And I'll always prefer a stick to a hunting, shifting automatic that tries to figure out what gear based on my throttle pedal.

To me, long term reliability is what I want. My 4runner did 260,000 mi on the original clutch. My F-150 V8 5.4 is now at 240,000 and still going well, drive it every couple days. Screaming turbos, SpaceX level computers running transmissions, "drive by wire" cameras, all that junk is going to break. How well will a 2.7 Auto driven like a mad man last? Will it get 250,000 mi without a problem?

You're talking to a former aerospace engineer that worked on the Stealth and many other high tech programs. Sometimes low tech is better, sometimes low power lasts longer.
Did not read, was looking for gifs and memes.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is a discussion (forum) place. Not a "answer one guy's question" place. Discussion helps many others with similar questions, and offers many things to think about. Useless joke comments and Memes are what make this forum quite frustrating for someone not camped out here to just get likes for how funny they are. Most repliers with high post counts clutter up every thread so that a person seeking info has to spend much more time hunting for "information" and ignoring the "funny comment" posts.
This forum has way too many whiney bitches. I’m here for the entertainment and useful information( the first time its posted).
We are not all zack dangers and able to respond to every question.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2.7L, or 2.3L. Help me make the right decision. 1618930455890

:devilish: :devilish: :devilish:

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey, meme-misters, come up with a meme or witty rejoiner for what I'm thinking right now!

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hey, meme-misters, come up with a meme or witty rejoiner for what I'm thinking right now!
I’d get evlnvrdys/used2jeep ‘d (banned).

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Easy solution. Do you want manual or automatic? If you want auto, get the 2.7. impossible to regret. If you are worried about power, take a look at this
Ford Bronco 2.7L, or 2.3L. Help me make the right decision. 1618935987202
Wow! Now I see why they ditched the V-8!
But I don’t care what anybody says nothing sounds as good as a V-8!
Sponsored