Sponsored

2.7L PRICE INCREASES! - Time to switch from Badlands 2.7L to Wildtrak??

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been saying the "free" transmission on the B&P was an error since it was first made available in October and I was planning for this.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wildtrak definitely became more attractive compared to Badlands...but I still can't make the switch.

1) I hate the gloss black grill on Wildtrak. I would have to pony up more cash to change it.
2) Badlands (or BD) MGV with wash out is the best Bronco interior for a Bronco. This is not close.
3) Steel bumper with removable end caps is much nicer to me than the Wildtrak bumper. It's nice to have that little bit of extra approach angle in front of the tire.
4) Auto-disconnect is nice to have.
5) Heavy duty skids on Badlands...on a truck like this with a low belly, you need skids. These may be workable for a while. Wildtrak doesn't have them.
6) GOAT modes. While I REALLY want sport; rock climb mode is a must have.

The advantages to Wildtrak are the price, Sport mode, the best looking wheels in the line-up, and free hard top.

OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Someone help me with crawl gear vs. low
Crawl gear is only available with the manual transmission AND it is only useable in 4wd Low Gear. You cannot use it in 4H or 2H. It is geared significantly lower than first gear, which allows you to 'crawl' or go very slow.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wildtrak definitely became more attractive compared to Badlands...but I still can't make the switch.

1) I hate the gloss black grill on Wildtrak. I would have to pony up more cash to change it.
2) Badlands (or BD) MGV with wash out is the best Bronco interior for a Bronco. This is not close.
3) Steel bumper with removable end caps is much nicer to me than the Wildtrak bumper. It's nice to have that little bit of extra approach angle in front of the tire.
4) Auto-disconnect is nice to have.
5) Heavy duty skids on Badlands...on a truck like this with a low belly, you need skids. These may be workable for a while. Wildtrak doesn't have them.
6) GOAT modes. While I REALLY want sport; rock climb mode is a must have.

The advantages to Wildtrak are the price, Sport mode, the best looking wheels in the line-up, and free hard top.
Do you know if Baja mode changed to 2H will equal Sport mode? I have read several posts saying it is just to have other posters counter against it.

Sponsored

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Crawl gear is only available with the manual transmission AND it is only useable in 4wd Low Gear. You cannot use it in 4H or 2H. It is geared significantly lower than first gear, which allows you to 'crawl' or go very slow.
Thanks!

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've been firmly in the Badlands camp since the reveal in July. Since then, hardtop issues caused...

- 4Dr Wildtrak price drop from $51,370 to $49,475. That $1895 price drop essentially gives you the MIC hardtop for free, only change is color. As of yesterday,
- 2.7L Auto price increased from $1895 to $3490. This increased the price of my Badlands $1595, while the Wildtrak price remained constant.

$1895 + $1595 = $3490

Wildtrak has gained a $3490 price advantage relative to Badlands since the July launch.

Wildtrak Advantages:
- Prefer the look of the front bumper AND it has fog lights which aren't available on Badlands
- Cloth seats are better suited to south Florida heat than vinyl
- Wildtrak has Baja AND Sport mode. Sport mode is not available on Badlands
- Sound deadening headliner IS available on Wildtrak, not on Badlands 2.7L
- Optioning Badlands w/2.7L, automatic, hardtop, Mid Pkg, beadlocks & GY Territory makes cost $2485 MORE than Wildtrak
- Prefer lighter color Wildtrak interior and lack of orange stitching and plastic

Never considered Wildtrak until today, but sometimes fate pushes you in a different direction. Thoughts?
And the one-of-a-kind camo seat centers. Creates a 'sense of occasion' (rugged) that is absent in most trucks on the planet.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you know if Baja mode changed to 2H will equal Sport mode? I have read several posts saying it is just to have other posters counter against it.
From Raptor owners, the modes are very different. A guy made up a chart theorizing how he thought the modes would work, and it showed Sport and Baja as being the same except for 2h v 4h, and this is where that idea came from. It is seemingly not the case.

Sponsored

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree I just built a base 2 door yesterday at 39 and today it is 42.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

2.3 plus power pack problem solved

OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Price of the mod top was baked into the base price of the WT, by lowering the price by the incremental cost of the mod top, and downgrading to the MIC. It is a wash, you don't get a free MIC top, that cost is still in the base MSRP of the WT. Sorry to burst your bubble, but you cannot count the $1895 price difference as an advantage from July as it was de-contented an equal amount. Yes, adding MIC hardtop to the 4 door BL gives a price advantage to the WT now (goes the other way in the 2 door as MIC is a standard item on the 2 doors), but for that $2500 difference you get a more expensive bumper (we get that is it not to your taste, but it is an upgrade), same as the more substantial MGV interior (again your personal preference doesn't mean it isn't an upgrade for others), the heavy duty underbody protection, DSB, rock rails, etc. If you add those things to the WT to make it close to a hardtop BL, the price is about the same. So it is great that you like the lower priced options better than the higher, that is a total win for you, but if you add stuff to both trims to get them as equal as possible, the pricing is essentially the same.
Respectfully disagree. Wt price decreased by $1895 because color changed from black to grey. I get a hardtop either way which is all I care about. So, that's a $1895 price drop and I lose nothing. Maybe black color is worth $1895 to you, but it's worth zero to me.
Sponsored