Sponsored

2.7L PRICE INCREASES! - Time to switch from Badlands 2.7L to Wildtrak??

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
I've been firmly in the Badlands camp since the reveal in July. Since then, hardtop issues caused...

- 4Dr Wildtrak price drop from $51,370 to $49,475. That $1895 price drop essentially gives you the MIC hardtop for free, only change is color. As of yesterday,
- 2.7L Auto price increased from $1895 to $3490. This increased the price of my Badlands $1595, while the Wildtrak price remained constant.

$1895 + $1595 = $3490

Wildtrak has gained a $3490 price advantage relative to Badlands since the July launch.

Wildtrak Advantages:
- Prefer the look of the front bumper AND it has fog lights which aren't available on Badlands
- Cloth seats are better suited to south Florida heat than vinyl
- Wildtrak has Baja AND Sport mode. Sport mode is not available on Badlands
- Sound deadening headliner IS available on Wildtrak, not on Badlands 2.7L
- Optioning Badlands w/2.7L, automatic, hardtop, Mid Pkg, beadlocks & GY Territory makes cost $2485 MORE than Wildtrak
- Prefer lighter color Wildtrak interior and lack of orange stitching and plastic

Never considered Wildtrak until today, but sometimes fate pushes you in a different direction. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Last edited:

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been firmly in the Badlands camp since the reveal in July. Since then, hardtop issues caused...

- 4Dr Wildtrak price drop from $51,370 to $49,475. That $1895 price drop essentially gives you the MIC hardtop for free. As of yesterday,
- 2.7L Auto price increased from $1895 to $3490. This increased the price of my Badlands $1595, while the Wildtrak price remained constant.

$1895 + $1595 = $3490

Wildtrak has gained a $3490 price advantage relative to Badlands since the July launch.

Wildtrak Advantages:
- Prefer the look of the front bumper AND it has fog lights which aren't available on Badlands
- Optioning Badlands w/2.7L, automatic, hardtop, Mid Pkg, beadlocks & GY Territory makes cost $2485 MORE than Wildtrak
- Prefer lighter color Wildtrak interior and lack of orange stitching and plastic

Never considered Wildtrak until today, but sometimes fate pushes you in a different direction. Thoughts?
I think the Wildtrak wheels are better looking as well - I prefer all the black accents . . . originally reserved the WT but have been back and forth more times than I can count - but always seem to end up back where I started . . .

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How does the WT have a price advantage because the hardtop? They removed it, they took off the cost. The Badlands doesn’t have it, there is no cost, it’s just even at that point.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

- 4Dr Wildtrak price drop from $51,370 to $49,475. That $1895 price drop essentially gives you the MIC hardtop for free. As of yesterday,

$1895 + $1595 = $3490

Wildtrak Advantages:

With my build I see the BL as around $750 more. I also live in FL and want the MGV and rubber flooring bc how often it rains. I would hate to get caught top off in rain with cloth seats. Also going to beach and getting sand out w/ cloth. If you get mud in the interior after a day of off-roading when its been raining or recently rained.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve been firmly in the WT camp for awhile but word of warning a lot of people will come here and tell you how bad they hate the interior for whatever damn reason even though they aren’t buying the WT. they feel their
Little opinion will somehow change your mind on buying it...

OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
How does the WT have a price advantage because the hardtop? They removed it, they took off the cost. The Badlands doesn’t have it, there is no cost, it’s just even at that point.
Go to Badlands in B&P. The Mod shadow black hardtop is $1895, MIC is $695. Always been a $1200 difference between the two. Wildtrak was $51,370, which Ford reduced by $1895 when MOD tops became unavailable. They made the price reduction, but included the $695 MIC top for free to appease buyers who lost the fancy top option. This has been discussed ad nauseum in this forum.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get rid of that ugly interior and I would get the WT.
Ford should allow us to pick any of the BL\WT interiors for either one . I'd go WT for the MGV .

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Price of the mod top was baked into the base price of the WT, by lowering the price by the incremental cost of the mod top, and downgrading to the MIC. It is a wash, you don't get a free MIC top, that cost is still in the base MSRP of the WT. Sorry to burst your bubble, but you cannot count the $1895 price difference as an advantage from July as it was de-contented an equal amount. Yes, adding MIC hardtop to the 4 door BL gives a price advantage to the WT now (goes the other way in the 2 door as MIC is a standard item on the 2 doors), but for that $2500 difference you get a more expensive bumper (we get that is it not to your taste, but it is an upgrade), same as the more substantial MGV interior (again your personal preference doesn't mean it isn't an upgrade for others), the heavy duty underbody protection, DSB, rock rails, etc. If you add those things to the WT to make it close to a hardtop BL, the price is about the same. So it is great that you like the lower priced options better than the higher, that is a total win for you, but if you add stuff to both trims to get them as equal as possible, the pricing is essentially the same.

gutshot

Base
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The badlands is now several thousand higher than the Wildtrax on my build. $55-$60k seems way too much to get garbage interior options. I might just have to get an F-150.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
please elaborate!

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are getting a badlands with Manual /33”.. nothing has changed other then I am still very happy with my build.. Sorry to hear about the misleading information. Ford should have address this mistake the week it came out. Now I am 100% sure the manual is for me??

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just added 2.7 to BL and it popped a window stating that the automatic was a required change and increasing the price around $3300 or so. Makes my Manual BL (unchanged price) look a lot better by comparison. Better to have the band-aid ripped off now than if they had actually had the dealers tell people that the site was wrong and they had to pay the correct amount at order instead of the incorrectly discounted B&P. Still going to be a lot more unhappy then if they had gotten it right at the start. People wouldn't feel like they are losing something.
Edit below; the adjustment of the pricing fixed the inconsistencies of the auto/2.7 across the board and makes the WT pricing actually dead on comparatively as opposed to before when it made no sense to buy a WT over another tarted up trim. Similar on the OBX.
What you said is correct, but you CANNOT refute the fact that relative to Wildtrak the Badlands 2.7 got $1595 more expensive overnight.
Not sure why you are getting all hostile as I never refuted that, was just trying to help you understand the math error you made and to prevent it from confusing other people, but since it seems important to you; the adding of the $1595 cost for the automatic transmission has increased the cost in the B&P by $1595 overnight.