Sponsored

2.7L PRICE INCREASES! - Time to switch from Badlands 2.7L to Wildtrak??

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wildtrak comes with hardtop, badlands does not, $695 savings. Wildtrak has auto, badlands does not, $1595 savings.
Go to Badlands in B&P. The Mod shadow black hardtop is $1895, MIC is $695. Always been a $1200 difference between the two. Wildtrak was $51,370, which Ford reduced by $1895 when MOD tops became unavailable. They made the price reduction, but included the $695 MIC top for free to appease buyers who lost the fancy top option. This has been discussed ad nauseum in this forum.
“This has been discussed ad nauseum in this forum.”

So go get a hobby. 2 door is the same, 4 door isn’t, wasn’t thinking about 4 door.
Sponsored

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wildtrak definitely became more attractive compared to Badlands...but I still can't make the switch.

1) I hate the gloss black grill on Wildtrak. I would have to pony up more cash to change it.
2) Badlands (or BD) MGV with wash out is the best Bronco interior for a Bronco. This is not close.
3) Steel bumper with removable end caps is much nicer to me than the Wildtrak bumper. It's nice to have that little bit of extra approach angle in front of the tire.
4) Auto-disconnect is nice to have.
5) Heavy duty skids on Badlands...on a truck like this with a low belly, you need skids. These may be workable for a while. Wildtrak doesn't have them.
6) GOAT modes. While I REALLY want sport; rock climb mode is a must have.

The advantages to Wildtrak are the price, Sport mode, the best looking wheels in the line-up, and free hard top.
The goat modes are just marketing wizardry. You can put any bronco (with front and rear lockers) into "rock crawl mode," with the touch of like 3 buttons.

The goat modes are all just variations of eco/normal/sport throttle sensitivity and shift points paired with traction modes. If your rig has the hardware the pre-programed modes are redundant.

Also plastic seats are gross, but yes, less gross than digital camo.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been firmly in the Badlands camp since the reveal in July. Since then, hardtop issues caused...

- 4Dr Wildtrak price drop from $51,370 to $49,475. That $1895 price drop essentially gives you the MIC hardtop for free, only change is color. As of yesterday,
- 2.7L Auto price increased from $1895 to $3490. This increased the price of my Badlands $1595, while the Wildtrak price remained constant.

$1895 + $1595 = $3490

Wildtrak has gained a $3490 price advantage relative to Badlands since the July launch.

Wildtrak Advantages:
- Prefer the look of the front bumper AND it has fog lights which aren't available on Badlands
- Cloth seats are better suited to south Florida heat than vinyl
- Wildtrak has Baja AND Sport mode. Sport mode is not available on Badlands
- Sound deadening headliner IS available on Wildtrak, not on Badlands 2.7L
- Optioning Badlands w/2.7L, automatic, hardtop, Mid Pkg, beadlocks & GY Territory makes cost $2485 MORE than Wildtrak
- Prefer lighter color Wildtrak interior and lack of orange stitching and plastic

Never considered Wildtrak until today, but sometimes fate pushes you in a different direction. Thoughts?
WildTrak actually is only 200-300 above my long time BD build (which just went up). So it is now in the running (and the trim is blue, handles anyway). The MGV seats, though "leather-like" in my head, would have been very chilly the last few days and if I hadn't remote started the car would have been no buenos. The "jump up" to WildTrak might be worthwhile. But you seem to get more parts on the BD. *sigh* BL though? A similar build is, like you said, $3k above the WT.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you're gonna see a price correction for the WT in the near future.
Also, new mod top option in B&P states they are standard on WT and FE, again....

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think you're gonna see a price correction for the WT in the near future.
Also, new mod top option in B&P states they are standard on WT and FE, again....
I've built 4Dr WT five times today. Comes with included MIC hardtop.

sootie007

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC , Scion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bait and switch ...get everybody interested up front with a low price, then slowly incrementally raise the price on them until they can order and take delivery ....what a bunch of shxx.

slypops

Badlands
First Name
Reggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Ford F-150 4x4 , 11 JK wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been firmly in the Badlands camp since the reveal in July. Since then, hardtop issues caused...

- 4Dr Wildtrak price drop from $51,370 to $49,475. That $1895 price drop essentially gives you the MIC hardtop for free, only change is color. As of yesterday,
- 2.7L Auto price increased from $1895 to $3490. This increased the price of my Badlands $1595, while the Wildtrak price remained constant.

$1895 + $1595 = $3490

Wildtrak has gained a $3490 price advantage relative to Badlands since the July launch.

Wildtrak Advantages:
- Prefer the look of the front bumper AND it has fog lights which aren't available on Badlands
- Cloth seats are better suited to south Florida heat than vinyl
- Wildtrak has Baja AND Sport mode. Sport mode is not available on Badlands
- Sound deadening headliner IS available on Wildtrak, not on Badlands 2.7L
- Optioning Badlands w/2.7L, automatic, hardtop, Mid Pkg, beadlocks & GY Territory makes cost $2485 MORE than Wildtrak
- Prefer lighter color Wildtrak interior and lack of orange stitching and plastic

Never considered Wildtrak until today, but sometimes fate pushes you in a different direction. Thoughts?
Almost Every reason, plus the color coordinated door handles I ordered my Wildtrak. Then a year later the owner of the dealership called and said if you ever wanted a Bronco I'd better change. I have missed it ever since but have a VIN for another model now. Such is life in a constricted world.

OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Almost Every reason, plus the color coordinated door handles I ordered my Wildtrak. Then a year later the owner of the dealership called and said if you ever wanted a Bronco I'd better change. I have missed it ever since but have a VIN for another model now. Such is life in a constricted world.
I ended up getting a 4Dr Base 2.7L Sasquatch. Best decision ever!
Sponsored