William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Got mine completed a few days ago, 2022 OBX 2 door 2.7.

He isnt wrong about jumping off the line. In fact, its a little unnerving the first few times. First time I did it going about 10mph and went full throttle, the front end lifted up so much that the steering was loose. The wheels were obviously not off the ground, but the front lifted up enough that the steering wheel was going left and right and the wheels were not getting good traction. Not sure if 4 wheel would be the same since a longer wheel base, but just be aware.

I'd like to hear from other 2 door owners to make sure Im not crazy. Several times I have done this, and its a bit surprising.
I have a thread in the suspension section about that. Yes, she gets squirrely when you hammer down.
Sponsored

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Basically 7.0 0-60 stock
6.3 or so with tune.
Was that the 2.3 or the 2.7?

Is this video comparing a tuned 2.3 versus a stock 2.7 or also a tuned 2.7?

🤔

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Was that the 2.3 or the 2.7?

Is this video comparing a tuned 2.3 versus a stock 2.7 or also a tuned 2.7?

🤔
Edit: sorry was just 2.7 stock vs tune

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a thread in the suspension section about that. Yes, she gets squirrely when you hammer down.
Yeah, it does for sure. Just gotta keep it in mind I guess.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Got mine completed a few days ago, 2022 OBX 2 door 2.7.

He isnt wrong about jumping off the line. In fact, its a little unnerving the first few times. First time I did it going about 10mph and went full throttle, the front end lifted up so much that the steering was loose. The wheels were obviously not off the ground, but the front lifted up enough that the steering wheel was going left and right and the wheels were not getting good traction. Not sure if 4 wheel would be the same since a longer wheel base, but just be aware.

I'd like to hear from other 2 door owners to make sure Im not crazy. Several times I have done this, and its a bit surprising.
I was hoping for wheelies but this sounds like a nice improvement :cool:

Doesn't the stock tune significantly limit boost in 1st gear?

I remember reading somewhere that a second gear launch will net you a faster 0-60 on the stock tune.

That would add up to me with what's shown and being discussed here.
That is right, massive torque management in first gear, which actually had me considering the 2.3L in my new Bronco because it didn't sound like it was much slower. After seeing this thread, I'm glad my 2.7 just got scheduled, though!

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was hoping for wheelies but this sounds like a nice improvement :cool:

That is right, massive torque management in first gear, which actually had me considering the 2.3L in my new Bronco because it didn't sound like it was much slower. After seeing this thread, I'm glad my 2.7 just got scheduled, though!
Hey man, that 2.7 is a sweet torquey little engine. I don’t care what anyone tells you. I low rev torque drive my vehicles, (kinda my description). I notice using the torque im both my F250 6.2 and the Bronco 2.7 that it performs absolutely great. And what I mean is there’s a happy balance between full throttle high RPM driving, low RPM grandpa driving, and medium/heavy throttle lower RPM shifts. I can’t explain it, but I always seem to find this heavier throttle, fast shifting low/med RPM range that seems to utilize the torque range if my vehicles. I feel like acceleration is almost the same. And what these add ons are doing, technology is great. The 2.7 can be very revvy, with mostly full throttle runs.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey man, that 2.7 is a sweet torquey little engine. I don’t care what anyone tells you. I low rev torque drive my vehicles, (kinda my description). I notice using the torque im both my F250 6.2 and the Bronco 2.7 that it performs absolutely great. And what I mean is there’s a happy balance between full throttle high RPM driving, low RPM grandpa driving, and medium/heavy throttle lower RPM shifts. I can’t explain it, but I always seem to find this heavier throttle, fast shifting low/med RPM range that seems to utilize the torque range if my vehicles. I feel like acceleration is almost the same. And what these add ons are doing, technology is great. The 2.7 can be very revvy, with mostly full throttle runs.
I had it in my first Bronco and it was nice overall and got better mpg than I expected (and better than some 2.3's reported here) but compared to two F150 2.7 trucks I've driven, it really disappointed on the take-off. Since that is fixed with this OEM tune, I'm sure I'll be perfectly happy! (y)

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had it in my first Bronco and it was nice overall and got better mpg than I expected (and better than some 2.3's reported here) but compared to two F150 2.7 trucks I've driven, it really disappointed on the take-off. Since that is fixed with this OEM tune, I'm sure I'll be perfectly happy! (y)
I have never driven any ecoboost prior to the 2.7 in the Bronco. I was/am impressed. The F150 version must be a beast then. I can only imagine not too far down the road the upgrades that will
Be out there.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have never driven any ecoboost prior to the 2.7 in the Bronco. I was/am impressed. The F150 version must be a beast then. I can only imagine not too far down the road the upgrades that will
Be out there.
They really are. TFL got a 4x4 crew cab 2.7L down to 4.83s 0-60 on a track surface with just a tune. The 3.5L is a monster with 4.36s 0-60 tuned. That's Mustang territory :LOL:

Results at 12:26. 2.7 ecoboost (6.15 standard. 4.83 tuned) 3.5 ecoboost (6.32 standard. 4.36 tuned) 5 liter v8 (6.94 standard 5.44 tuned)

Sponsored

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They really are. TFL got a 4x4 crew cab 2.7L down to 4.83s 0-60 on a track surface with just a tune. The 3.5L is a monster with 4.36s 0-60 tuned. That's Mustang territory :LOL:

Results at 12:26. 2.7 ecoboost (6.15 standard. 4.83 tuned) 3.5 ecoboost (6.32 standard. 4.36 tuned) 5 liter v8 (6.94 standard 5.44 tuned)
Damn. Pretty amazing what the little engines can do with a little force.

Aviator

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The high octane is only needed to achieve the performance, but a Ford engineer friend of mine says that you can still run 87, you just wont get the performance from the tune. The engine senses the octane and will adjust its timing accordingly. If anyone has any different literature that says differently, certainly share.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The high octane is only needed to achieve the performance, but a Ford engineer friend of mine says that you can still run 87, you just wont get the performance from the tune. The engine senses the octane and will adjust its timing accordingly. If anyone has any different literature that says differently, certainly share.
Ford Performance tune requires premium (91+) per written spec and warranty. I believe only the conservative stock tune has adjust for 87-93.

Aviator

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford Performance tune requires premium (91+) per written spec and warranty. I believe only the conservative stock tune has adjust for 87-93.
Thanks for the info. I stand corrected 👍🏻. I’ll see if I can learn a more detailed “off the record” perspective on the real world ”implications” of using 87 from some local Ford engineers. Not that it would matter, since I would expect anyone to follow the language of the warranty.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the info. I stand corrected 👍🏻. I’ll see if I can learn a more detailed “off the record” perspective on the real world ”implications” of using 87 from some local Ford engineers. Not that it would matter, since I would expect anyone to follow the language of the warranty.
That would be good to know because modern engines detect knock very well so hopefully there are some failsafe modes. I can see a scenario where you're in BFE and the only gas might be 87 or even 85 in CO. Probably very unlikely but not impossible with the limited range of the Bronco.
Sponsored