First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have an OBX 2.7 and got the tune back in November. Love it ! Already added the Ford performance exhaust and air intake from Roush. It feels much more responsive and even in eco mode really comes alive now. Transmission does not hang or feel clunky and reduced lag across all modes. I don’t keep the module attached and have not measured the 0-60 or anything but it feels very fast now. Very happy I got it!
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They really are. TFL got a 4x4 crew cab 2.7L down to 4.83s 0-60 on a track surface with just a tune. The 3.5L is a monster with 4.36s 0-60 tuned. That's Mustang territory :LOL:

Results at 12:26. 2.7 ecoboost (6.15 standard. 4.83 tuned) 3.5 ecoboost (6.32 standard. 4.36 tuned) 5 liter v8 (6.94 standard 5.44 tuned)
My 2011 3.5l F-150 ecoboost with 250k miles is stupid with the tune and I have a heavy ass TommyLift hanging off the ass end of it (2 door standard cab 8ft bed XL HDPP fleet truck). It's a sport truck with the tune... LOL.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My 2011 3.5l F-150 ecoboost with 250k miles is stupid with the tune and I have a heavy ass TommyLift hanging off the ass end of it (2 door standard cab 8ft bed XL HDPP fleet truck). It's a sport truck with the tune... LOL.
That sounds like the ultimate sleeper ready to hurt some feelings 😄

Aviator

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That would be good to know because modern engines detect knock very well so hopefully there are some failsafe modes. I can see a scenario where you're in BFE and the only gas might be 87 or even 85 in CO. Probably very unlikely but not impossible with the limited range of the Bronco.
Per a Ford engineer with direct knowledge, “the calibration will not improve performance on regular fuel, and you do risk damage when leaning down from premium fuel“. So yeah, stuck with 91 Octane or higher once you do this upgrade.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That sounds like the ultimate sleeper ready to hurt some feelings 😄
It's not super fast, but it is way faster than most expect, it has shown people the taillights when they are fairly confident that they will walk the truck. It is still a 5000# truck after all.

Sponsored

Jimmy B

Badlands
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hemi Challenger Jeep Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Per a Ford engineer with direct knowledge, “the calibration will not improve performance on regular fuel, and you do risk damage when leaning down from premium fuel“. So yeah, stuck with 91 Octane or higher once you do this upgrade.
I’ve read the calibration is not available for MY 2023 in 2.3 if true disappointing

Aviator

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’ve read the calibration is not available for MY 2023 in 2.3 if true disappointing
I am sure it will be coming. From talking to one of the engineers, and the service department, the program is specific to the “engine re-programmable memory chip” installed in your vehicle. Even though the engine is “unchanged” from 2021-2023, the “controller” chip installed is different by year - different supplier contracts, etc. , so the software to reprogram the chip varies as a result. You’ll notice this with the Roush performance upgrade as well - Labeled “2021 Bronco 2.7L Performance Pack LVL 1.“. I can’t use that performance tune on my 2022 Wildtrak either 😢

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was impressed when I first had the FP tune “installed” on my 2 door 2.3 manual Badlands with Sas set up. Definitely more power throughout the curve.

…..Then I added the Pedal Commander and was EXTREMELY impressed with throttle response, especially in Sport+ 4 setting. This thing kind of rips now for its size and weight and I’ve had some pretty quick modified Subarus.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
they says every 100lb is .1 off, not sure what the weight difference is but I bet its gonna be notably qucker.
Don't forget, something like a 2 door OBX non-sasquatch is like 500 lbs lighter, but also the stock wheels and tires are MUCH lighter.

I bet that I could drop nearly a second off the 0-60 time compared to a stock 4 door Sasquatch in my "street configuration" aka "mall princess" OBX at 4400# with the lighter OBX rims/tires and the Flowmaster High Clearance Axle Back exhaust.

That's just stupid fast for the 4 door sasquatch, I am impressed.

Imgonein60

Outer Banks
First Name
Des
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Bullitt, 21Bronco,22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford tune seems to be the best bang for the buck so far without screwing up your warranty. Anything better?
Check out the JB4 tuner 👍🏽👍🏽

Sponsored

Fillups

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Expedition EL
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Anyone have first-hand experience with the 2.3 Tune with the 7MT? It seems like part of the benefit is modifying shift points, which would not apply to the manual. I’ve only logged around 1200 miles so far, and like the thought of this tune, but not sure how much the benefits are diminished for the manual.

I think if I had it to do again, I’d order the same 2-door non sas BL but with the 2.7 auto, and this tune…

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone have first-hand experience with the 2.3 Tune with the 7MT? It seems like part of the benefit is modifying shift points, which would not apply to the manual. I’ve only logged around 1200 miles so far, and like the thought of this tune, but not sure how much the benefits are diminished for the manual.

I think if I had it to do again, I’d order the same 2-door non sas BL but with the 2.7 auto, and this tune…
I posted a few posts up that the FP tune was very noticeable gains through the rev range but 25 HP and 60 torque is modest and you get used to it quickly. I have a 7Mt Sasquatch set up.

Adding the pedal commander was a perfect combo and it pretty much rips in Sport +(+4) which is the most aggressive setting. Very impressive. But…. You get used to it like any other modified cars. Guys with 1000 whp a mustangs get used to that power too eventually lol
Sponsored