Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The shorter the overall length the better as far as I'm concerned, so personally I'm glad to see they are sticking to a very small 2 door. The FSB form factor holds no appeal to me.
It really causes stability problems for all the people picturing a high speed Raptor type off roader though.

To some degree Ford is setting themselves up for either lawsuits or disappointment if that is the intended marketing strategy. The mob does not possess the common sense or the driving skills to make that work.
Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It really causes stability problems for all the people picturing a high speed Raptor type off roader though.

To some degree Ford is setting themselves up for either lawsuits or disappointment if that is the intended marketing strategy. The mob does not possess the common sense or the driving skills to make that work.
Where is it writ that this is a high speed desert off-roader?

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Love the portions on both 2d and 4d!
Tires look to be the same on both trucks. (34.3”) meaning roughly 112” on the 4 door and 98 wb on the 2door

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where is it writ that this is a high speed desert off-roader?
That is the widely held presumption of most people here. It would be hard not to notice, so I'll assume that rhetorical question is meant to lead into something.

You'll notice the use of 'Raptor' as a presumed trim far more often than Tremor. There is even a Raptor sub-forum, and no Tremor.

It is one of the top excuses for why IFS is good enough for off road capability. "I'm not going to go rock climbing [sic]. I'd rather pretend that I'm going to drive fast off road" ... or something like that.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Any of you eagle-eyed EcoBoost fans able to glean anything from the close ups of the front/underside? Looks like there's an oil pan drain plug access hole in on the driver's side of the front skid plate. That doesn't mean anything in particular to me, though.

1581111841083.png
I think that's for the diff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Comparison between 2 and 4 doors. Lined them up for equal wheel well arch radius and front window length.

2x4 compare.png

They both have the "Horse Shoe" wheels, is this a Bronco exclusive? Or has anyone seen them on something else?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That was the arrangement I was most interested in as well, like some 90's Explorers, Cherokees etc., a longish 2-door. It doesn't seem like that's what we're getting though.
If it has more room behind the seat than a 2d Wrangler I'll be happy. Maybe like my '05 LJ or my old beloved BII's.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That is the widely held presumption of most people here. It would be hard not to notice, so I'll assume that rhetorical question is meant to lead into something.

You'll notice the use of 'Raptor' as a presumed trim far more often than Tremor. There is even a Raptor sub-forum, and no Tremor.

It is one of the top excuses for why IFS is good enough for off road capability. "I'm not going to go rock climbing [sic]. I'd rather pretend that I'm going to drive fast off road" ... or something like that.
Fast off road does not mean baja racer necessarily. A short wheelbase is hugely beneficial in going fast on winding forest trails, it makes the vehicle rotate nicely and easy to throw around hairpins etc.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...A short wheelbase is hugely beneficial in going fast on winding forest trails, it makes the vehicle rotate nicely and easy to throw around hairpins etc.
"Rotate nicely" must be code for "hard to keep the front and rear end going the same direction." :crackup:

Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
"Rotate nicely" must be code for "hard to keep the front and rear end going the same direction." :crackup:
Ha ha, sideways is the fastest way to make progress down a twisty snowy road ;)

...provided the vehicle isn’t so long you can’t fit sideways on the trail...

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't have knowledge of photo editing software to scale these two pics the same or determine lengths, but..... I'm still thinking it's the same size tire between the two.
I suppose you could use the rim or license plate to determine a ratio/proportion... if someone has that ability, have at it.

2021-bronco_2door_offroad_019-jpg.jpg

2021_bronco_offroad_017-jpg.jpg

6GSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don't have knowledge of photo editing software to scale these two pics the same or determine lengths, but..... I'm still thinking it's the same size tire between the two.
I suppose you could use the rim or license plate to determine a ratio/proportion... if someone has that ability, have at it.

Ford Bronco 2-Door 2021 Bronco Prototype Makes Grand First Appearance, Bombing Through Snow and Catching Air! 2021_bronco_offroad_017-

Ford Bronco 2-Door 2021 Bronco Prototype Makes Grand First Appearance, Bombing Through Snow and Catching Air! 2021_bronco_offroad_017-
Looks to be the same if you look at the tire in relation to the third brake.
Sponsored