indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
OK, I am not sure that I understand all of the complaints about the size of the 2Dr. If it is too small, the 4dr is only just over a foot longer. If you want the extra cargo space, having an extra set of door helps to access all the cargo you intend to use.

But, if you want a short wheelbase, i.e. those of us who rock, mud, trail, or drift (our canadian friend here), there is nothing you can do to make it shorter, there is no replacement, no other option.

So if you want more room, you get the 4dr, if you want less room/shorter wheel base, the 2dr.

It will be wider inside than the wrangler, and bythe looks, have more front to back interior space since the hood isn't as long as the wranglers (granted the windshield is tilted further back, so the driver may be in the same spot in both, relatively).

Same. The 4 door Bronco version will be available for people wanting more room. My Bronco interest is mainly the 4 door model, because I already have older 2 door 4x4s. 4 door Bronco gets me something they don't offer.

Got to say though - in my opinion shorter 2 door is more fun. I loved my old CJ5. Was like driving a go-cart, felt one with the vehicle. It was also a fantastic city vehicle, could wedge that CJ5 into any parking space. I could be influenced to buy a 2 door Bronco, if Ford does a bang up job and makes it fun and maneuverable.

Waken2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Iā€™m looking to get 2 door and the 2 door pictures look great. Shorter than Iā€™d like. I prefer the length of the Bronco R with 2 doors. I remember Old Jeep Cherokees had 2 door and 4 door options. I think Toyota 4Runner has the same thing.

Sponsored

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm guessing this might put the Moanon renders to bed?
2bc6d21a-9748-4a26-9dba-9da2fa2c833a-jpeg.jpg

b-v-w-compare-stampede-png.png
Yep, he got those out before they got "debunked", I got lucky and managed to tweak the headlights on mine to match production, that leak happened right before I spent a good two days rendering those. The side-by-side of the Wrangler confirms a few of my suspicions about extra cabin room thanks to the shorter hood, and it looks like it might have an inch or two more rear overhang than the Wrangler as well, which I'm glad for, I'd rather have a bit more cargo room than have a slightly easier time driving down a boulder.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what I've been waiting for! It does look to be as short as we thought it would be and honestly that might be a few inches too short IMO. I hope its at least 100" wheelbase. That would be just about perfect.

If they aren't focusing on the rock crawling aspect as much as Jeep I don't see why the Bronco needs to be that short or close to the same length as Jeep.

I always thought the long wheelbase Jeep Unlimited was a good length and that was 103" but if this Bronco is indeed 100" that could be just right.
I want more rear space then a Wrangler

Ford Bronco 2-Door 2021 Bronco Prototype Makes Grand First Appearance, Bombing Through Snow and Catching Air! er-unlimited-lifted-for-sale-2016-06-18-2-1024x614

Last edited:

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Added some reference points

Ford Bronco 2-Door 2021 Bronco Prototype Makes Grand First Appearance, Bombing Through Snow and Catching Air! comp w-line
One thing I noticed when trying to line them up was that there is a greater difference in the position of the seat-to-windshield than there is in the seat-to-steeringwheel.

Less about mechanical differences and more about perception of 'roominess'.

With so much camouflage its hard to tell where the front of back will really be -- the spare is the only give away.

JZ150

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Expedition Platinum, 20 Shelby GT350R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do these spy pics line up with the motor trend and road track renders for wheelbase?

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How do these spy pics line up with the motor trend and road track renders for wheelbase?
Motor Trend was a bit longer
Ford Bronco 2-Door 2021 Bronco Prototype Makes Grand First Appearance, Bombing Through Snow and Catching Air! 9E18A822-BA4E-4654-BD33-7EA089ED205F

Road and Track was closer
Ford Bronco 2-Door 2021 Bronco Prototype Makes Grand First Appearance, Bombing Through Snow and Catching Air! 19C52CDB-8E36-4F3A-B702-83CF5E7014EB

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It really causes stability problems for all the people picturing a high speed Raptor type off roader though.

To some degree Ford is setting themselves up for either lawsuits or disappointment if that is the intended marketing strategy. The mob does not possess the common sense or the driving skills to make that work.
Although I wonder how many people are driving Raptors or other 4x4s at high speed off-road? I personally don't know anyone doing that sort of off-roading. Seems like a way to destroy a production 4x4 in short order. I doubt any production 4x4 is going to handle well slamming into a big rock or stump at speed, or catching a lot of air and slamming down at speed. I feel like the Bronco high speed runner thing is more marketing than anything else.

I venture the majority of off-roading done in the USA is of the slower trail-work variety. With some faster momentum type trail running for guys who are into the muddy stuff. I think of all the rocky trails I did in Colorado, requiring 4 low, clearance, articulation and traction. Similar driving trails in Moab on the slickrock.

If people are planning on blasting along 40mph off-road, firstly I'm not sure where they plan to do that? Maybe they live near a desert area or something. Probably there will be a lot of bent A arms and messed up frames in short order when they start hitting things and slamming down at speed.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Although I wonder how many people are driving Raptors or other 4x4s at high speed off-road? I personally don't know anyone doing that sort of off-roading. Seems like a way to destroy a production 4x4 in short order. I doubt any production 4x4 is going to handle well slamming into a big rock or stump at speed, or catching a lot of air and slamming down at speed. I feel like the Bronco high speed runner thing is more marketing than anything else.

I venture the majority of off-roading done in the USA is of the slower trail-work variety. With some faster momentum type trail running for guys who are into the muddy stuff. I think of all the rocky trails I did in Colorado, requiring 4 low, clearance, articulation and traction. Similar driving trails in Moab on the slickrock.

If people are planning on blasting along 40mph off-road, firstly I'm not sure where they plan to do that? Maybe they live near a desert area or something. Probably there will be a lot of bent A arms and messed up frames in short order when they start hitting things and slamming down at speed.
you must not live near farm fields then. Canā€™t tell you how many trucks and other 4x4 I see blasting threw a field at 40+
or near a desert or beach. Or even up north weā€™re only 1/20 roads are paved.
Yea rock crawling is cool and a very small market. But once you go over 10mph IFS is better by far. I donā€™t care how many wrangler bros say ā€œitā€™s like a Cadillac manā€ bs.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Motor Trend was a bit longer
Ford Bronco 2-Door 2021 Bronco Prototype Makes Grand First Appearance, Bombing Through Snow and Catching Air! 19C52CDB-8E36-4F3A-B702-83CF5E7014EB

Road and Track was closer
I sure would love something along the lines of that Road And Track mockup. Ford got something right with the original Bronco, hence the popularity still today. I would like the new Bronco to build on that with similar look, an evolution of the EB that you still know is a Bronco and not another SUV. Like Jeep has had success with the new JL building on the prior models.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
you must not live near farm fields then. Canā€™t tell you how many trucks and other 4x4 I see blasting threw a field at 40+
or near a desert or beach. Or even up north weā€™re only 1/20 roads are paved.
Yea rock crawling is cool and a very small market. But once you go over 10mph IFS is better by far. I donā€™t care how many wrangler bros say ā€œitā€™s like a Cadillac manā€ bs.
I live in Illinois now, which is basically boring flat and farm field after farm field. I don't know anyone blasting through farm fields at 40mph+. Other than on a lark. It's popular to go on trail runs on various logging roads and such, including trips up to Wisconsin. None of that is 40mph+ driving. There is Silver Lake dune off-road park in neighboring Michigan where people can drive faster in the sand.

There is a misunderstanding of "rock crawling". Yes there is a kind of rock crawling with specialized rigs going over refrigerator sized boulders. That is a special thing, prone to vehicle breakage, and a smaller market. But there is also slower running trail work with rocks and other obstacles that is the major market for off-roading. Check out Easter Jeep safari type trails. 4-low. High speed trail running is the small market. (And that's not driving some dirt roads, anyone can do that probably better in Subaru Forester or something.)
Sponsored