First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Although I wonder how many people are driving Raptors or other 4x4s at high speed off-road? I personally don't know anyone doing that sort of off-roading. Seems like a way to destroy a production 4x4 in short order. I doubt any production 4x4 is going to handle well slamming into a big rock or stump at speed, or catching a lot of air and slamming down at speed. I feel like the Bronco high speed runner thing is more marketing than anything else.

I venture the majority of off-roading done in the USA is of the slower trail-work variety. With some faster momentum type trail running for guys who are into the muddy stuff. I think of all the rocky trails I did in Colorado, requiring 4 low, clearance, articulation and traction. Similar driving trails in Moab on the slickrock.

If people are planning on blasting along 40mph off-road, firstly I'm not sure where they plan to do that? Maybe they live near a desert area or something. Probably there will be a lot of bent A arms and messed up frames in short order when they start hitting things and slamming down at speed.
There's people who do use the raptor to it's max there's many videos on YouTube of it buuuuut that's like 1-2% of the population, and as a person who lives in Utah there's a few places in the south part of the state and little bits here and there thought out.
Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I live in Illinois now, which is basically boring flat and farm field after farm field. I don't know anyone blasting through farm fields at 40mph+. Other than on a lark. It's popular to go on trail runs on various logging roads and such, including trips up to Wisconsin. None of that is 40mph+ driving. There is Silver Lake dune off-road park in neighboring Michigan where people can drive faster in the sand.

There is a misunderstanding of "rock crawling". Yes there is a kind of rock crawling with specialized rigs going over refrigerator sized boulders. That is a special thing, prone to vehicle breakage, and a smaller market. But there is also slower running trail work with rocks and other obstacles that is the major market for off-roading. Check out Easter Jeep safari type trails. 4-low. High speed trail running is the small market. (And that's not driving some dirt roads, anyone can do that probably better in Subaru Forester or something.)
and a decent IFS system will work wonders for a trail like that. You see Tacoma’s run trails like that all the time.

Either way getting off topic.

but I can’t wait to see some good renders of the 2 door soon.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I sure would love something along the lines of that Road And Track mockup. Ford got something right with the original Bronco, hence the popularity still today. I would like the new Bronco to build on that with similar look, an evolution of the EB that you still know is a Bronco and not another SUV. Like Jeep has had success with the new JL building on the prior models.
Absolutely! I want a good 3/4 view of the RnT model tho! Not a side profile. Can’t wait for NAIAS!

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
What kind of tires is that prototype running?
Goodyear Wrangler Territory MTs, sized 315/70R17 is what the 4 door was running. This looks to be the same.

Sponsored

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm guessing this might put the Moanon renders to bed?
2bc6d21a-9748-4a26-9dba-9da2fa2c833a-jpeg.jpg

b-v-w-compare-stampede-png.png
Sadly.
But hopefully people grasp the concept of why Ford built the R as wide and as long as they did for an off-road race.

chipbutty

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing cool
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

you must not live near farm fields then. Can’t tell you how many trucks and other 4x4 I see blasting threw a field at 40+
or near a desert or beach. Or even up north we’re only 1/20 roads are paved.
Yea rock crawling is cool and a very small market. But once you go over 10mph IFS is better by far. I don’t care how many wrangler bros say “it’s like a Cadillac man” bs.
Except for actual rock crawling what would the benefit of SFA be over IFS?

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Except for actual rock crawling what would the benefit of SFA be over IFS?
There’s a thread but if the vehicle width is the same and the vehicles are the same meaning they both are front engine 4x4:
SFA = More wheel travel, more durable for larger tires, stronger in general, and less $ to get more performance from lift

Dustinevans51

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Ford F100 Custom Cab Reg cab short box, 1994 F150 XLT Reg cab short box, 2000 GMC Sierra Ex-cab short box, 2007 GMC Yukon Denali
If those are 31” or 33” tires the 2-door looks to be about 110” wheelbase.

Dustinevans51

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Ford F100 Custom Cab Reg cab short box, 1994 F150 XLT Reg cab short box, 2000 GMC Sierra Ex-cab short box, 2007 GMC Yukon Denali
Now the question we all want answered: what’s the wheelbase of this bad boy?
My educated guess says it’s 110” wheelbase on the 2-door at least. That’s based on the tires being between a 31”-33”.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
My educated guess says it’s 110” wheelbase on the 2-door at least. That’s based on the tires being between a 31”-33”.
they are 34.3” tires.
I used some measurement software and got just under 100” wb. Then 112” for the 4 door

pandapaul

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So your'e saying the rear doors on the 4-door are 12" wide ... ?
It wouldn't have to work that way. A 24" door could add 12" by replacing 12" and adding 12".

Reactions: BE_

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
So your'e saying the rear doors on the 4-door are 12" wide ... ?
you can see the rear door on the 4 door extends over the wheel wheel. Where the 2 door the front door stops short.

So they add room to the rear area. And it’s hard to tell if the front doors are still the same size

Ford Bronco 2-Door 2021 Bronco Prototype Makes Grand First Appearance, Bombing Through Snow and Catching Air! 00B04884-13E0-48E1-91D4-60C217AE8236
Sponsored