First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If people are planning on blasting along 40mph off-road, firstly I'm not sure where they plan to do that? Maybe they live near a desert area or something. Probably there will be a lot of bent A arms and messed up frames in short order when they start hitting things and slamming down at speed.
Lol. Come out west. It’s not anywhere near as bad as you make it out to be. Shit, my stock 94 Bronco handles desert bombing just fine.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Although I wonder how many people are driving Raptors or other 4x4s at high speed off-road? I personally don't know anyone doing that sort of off-roading. Seems like a way to destroy a production 4x4 in short order. I doubt any production 4x4 is going to handle well slamming into a big rock or stump at speed, or catching a lot of air and slamming down at speed. I feel like the Bronco high speed runner thing is more marketing than anything else.

I venture the majority of off-roading done in the USA is of the slower trail-work variety. With some faster momentum type trail running for guys who are into the muddy stuff. I think of all the rocky trails I did in Colorado, requiring 4 low, clearance, articulation and traction. Similar driving trails in Moab on the slickrock.

If people are planning on blasting along 40mph off-road, firstly I'm not sure where they plan to do that? Maybe they live near a desert area or something. Probably there will be a lot of bent A arms and messed up frames in short order when they start hitting things and slamming down at speed.
Come on up to beautiful British Columbia, where we have a network of thousands of miles of public FSRs (Forest Service Roads) spiderwebbing the province which are perfect for 30-40mph running along rutted, bumpy, washboardy roads (in the summer. In the winter they get a nice layer of snow and ice over them). Just watch out for moose.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

9E18A822-BA4E-4654-BD33-7EA089ED205F.jpeg

Road and Track was closer
19C52CDB-8E36-4F3A-B702-83CF5E7014EB.jpeg

Thought I'd add this S-10 Blazer to the mix...
Ford Bronco 2-Door 2021 Bronco Prototype Makes Grand First Appearance, Bombing Through Snow and Catching Air! 2020-ford-bronco-b6g-1-

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

9E18A822-BA4E-4654-BD33-7EA089ED205F.jpeg

Road and Track was closer
19C52CDB-8E36-4F3A-B702-83CF5E7014EB.jpeg

Thought I'd add this S-10 Blazer to the mix...
Ford Bronco 2-Door 2021 Bronco Prototype Makes Grand First Appearance, Bombing Through Snow and Catching Air! 2020-ford-bronco-b6g-1-
I still like Motor Trend's the best but it appears R&T has had a more accurate depiction. I think they worked from the clay model more and hit the wheelbase more accuratly.

It's interesting to see how close BroncoG6 was to the real deal, at least with the front end portion. That was like 3 years ago now wasn't it... probably less but feels like ten years now.

Sponsored

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I still like Motor Trend's the best but it appears R&T has had a more accurate depiction. I think they worked from the clay model more and hit the wheelbase more accuratly.

It's interesting to see how close BroncoG6 was to the real deal, at least with the front end portion. That was like 3 years ago now wasn't it... probably less but feels like ten years now.
Looking like hood, ridge on fender and grille excluding the ford logo will be pretty damn close.

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Updated with animated version showing the 2-door Bronco in action!

Weeeee! :handsinair:

2021-Ford-Bronco-2-Door-Suspension-Snow%20Jump-Air.gif

Finally, the 2-door 2021 Bronco prototype has shown itself to our photographers, making quite the grand entrance by bombing through snow and even catching some air!

Like with the four-door model, the vehicle here is wearing heavy camo, with the heaviest application being on the removable roof. The general shape of the design is clearly visible here, with very upright front and rear ends plus upright pillars and short overhangs. The prototype also has a solid amount of ground clearance.

2021-Bronco_2door_OffRoad_001.jpg
2021-Bronco_2door_OffRoad_003.jpg
2021-Bronco_2door_OffRoad_005.jpg
2021-Bronco_2door_OffRoad_006.jpg
2021-Bronco_2door_OffRoad_008.jpg
2021-Bronco_2door_OffRoad_010.jpg
2021-Bronco_2door_OffRoad_011.jpg
2021-Bronco_2door_OffRoad_013.jpg
2021-Bronco_2door_OffRoad_014.jpg
2021-Bronco_2door_OffRoad_015.jpg
2021-Bronco_2door_OffRoad_016.jpg
2021-Bronco_2door_OffRoad_018.jpg
2021-Bronco_2door_OffRoad_019.jpg
2021-Bronco_2door_OffRoad_20a.jpg
2021-Bronco_2door_OffRoad_020.jpg

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Couple things I’m seeing..
Does this have a body lift? I guess I need to go back and look at the 4 door to see if the frame hung that low.
Second thing is hopefully the 2 door gets rock rails like what the 4 door had. I don’t see them on this one wich makes me think this is a different trim level.

Ford Bronco 2-Door 2021 Bronco Prototype Makes Grand First Appearance, Bombing Through Snow and Catching Air! DA6725A7-35C3-4BB6-B747-11DD75DC4759

2394B7AF-FF03-4891-9E56-3EB5CCDA9EBD.jpeg

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As the story goes.... the folks that run Bronco 6g are the folks that run Mustang 6g.

When the 6G Mustang was being developed, the folks at Mustang 6g had the renders that proved to be very accurate to what the reality ended up being.
Sooooo...... it is rumored that these "6G" forums are "Unofficial" sounding boards for Ford designers so they don't design a turd. They can dreamup a concept and release it as an "unofficial render" that some dreamer worked up and see what the reaction is before they get too far along in the process.
.... or something like that.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
As the story goes.... the folks that run Bronco 6g are the folks that run Mustang 6g.

When the 6G Mustang was being developed, the folks at Mustang 6g had the renders that proved to be very accurate to what the reality ended up being.
Sooooo...... it is rumored that these "6G" forums are "Unofficial" sounding boards for Ford designers so they don't design a turd. They can dreamup a concept and release it as an "unofficial render" that some dreamer worked up and see what the reaction is before they get too far along in the process.
Have you seen the documentary “A faster horse” on Netflix? It’s a documentary on the 6G mustang. There is a couple of guys that work for ford whose SOUL JOB is to go on social media and blog sites to see what people are saying about projects.

So I’m sure (earlier on) they may have “leaked” things on purpose to get our reactions but now it’s way to late. They are in touch up phase now. Any critique Will have to wait till the next generation.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve heard that too and it makes sense with how professional and polished those renders were.

Im going to go ahead a credit all of us for the final product and hope that we caused some internal fighting and probably some firings when it came down to the SFA and IFS decision.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im going to go ahead a credit all of us for the final product and hope that we caused some internal fighting and probably some firings when it came down to the SFA and IFS decision.
LMAO!!! :rockon:

Amos Moses

Base
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford trucks
Your Bronco Model
Base
So we know it can jump without exploding into a million pieces (unlike the blazer) however there is a lack of suspension travel on this particular one. This has me excited because we don't have to get the "raptor" trim to have decent sized tires assuming that this isn't the "raptor" due to wheel travel. Meaning getting decent sized tires wont cost us to starve, also I think this one is lower in the trim hierarchy than the 4dr with the rock rails as that one looks to have bigger tires.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Come on up to beautiful British Columbia, where we have a network of thousands of miles of public FSRs (Forest Service Roads) spiderwebbing the province which are perfect for 30-40mph running along rutted, bumpy, washboardy roads (in the summer. In the winter they get a nice layer of snow and ice over them). Just watch out for moose.
I don't doubt it. Out west we would often have to drive various dirt roads with ruts and bumps - to get to the real off-road trails. But you don't necessarily need a Wrangler or Bronco for those. I agree though, IFS should do better on those dirt roads. My CJs with live front axle didn't handle washboard ruts so well - too much unsprung weight. Our little Geo Storm did a much better job on those roads.
Sponsored