First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So we know it can jump without exploding into a million pieces (unlike the blazer) however there is a lack of suspension travel on this particular one. This has me excited because we don't have to get the "raptor" trim to have decent sized tires assuming that this isn't the "raptor" due to wheel travel. Meaning getting decent sized tires wont cost us to starve, also I think this one is lower in the trim hierarchy than the 4dr with the rock rails as that one looks to have bigger tires.
Don't know about everything else but tires are the same as 4dr being 34.5 basically 35s

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't know if it's been discussed in this thread, but one of the characteristics of a short wheel base like my JK wrangler and this new two door bronco is the extreme urge to swap ends in curves and the instability at speed on the highway. Four door wranglers feel a much better at speed. My two door wrangler is a handful on wet curvy roads. If I could replace my F150 with a four door bronco, that seems ideal to me. With the new engine options, that seems unlikely. I need something that can tow large frontal areas down the interstate. I can't imagine ford offering manual crank windows and a manual transfer case on anything they sell, so I still doubt this two door could replace my 2015 wrangler.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't know if it's been discussed in this thread, but one of the characteristics of a short wheel base like my JK wrangler and this new two door bronco is the extreme urge to swap ends in curves and the instability at speed on the highway. Four door wranglers feel a much better at speed. My two door wrangler is a handful on wet curvy roads. If I could replace my F150 with a four door bronco, that seems ideal to me. With the new engine options, that seems unlikely. I need something that can tow large frontal areas down the interstate. I can't imagine ford offering manual crank windows and a manual transfer case on anything they sell, so I still doubt this two door could replace my 2015 wrangler.
Not to start THIS BULLSHIT again...But...IFS will make a big difference on how this short of a wheelbase will handle.

I have a 94 Wrangler,I know that feeling LOL

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not to continue this bullshit, but,

Not to start THIS BULLSHIT again...But...IFS will make a big difference on how this short of a wheelbase will handle.

Ford Bronco 2-Door 2021 Bronco Prototype Makes Grand First Appearance, Bombing Through Snow and Catching Air! 2A6C52FE-99BF-4483-BBD0-E12123D196AF

... that being said, my IFS SWB Pajero will swap ends easily ...

Sponsored

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Oh no he said the thing... we must raise the defenses!

E1342F50-4FBF-493E-9B90-0260F7B83919.jpeg

Deleted member 2346

Added some reference points

comp w-line.png
Probably goes without saying but there's no point in doing these comparisons unless you have each vehicle pic zoomed to the exact same ratio. Just the slightest difference in zoom and it will throw off any comparison. Really the only way to do that is using the wheels. The wheels are a very standard measurement and the only common thread... even easier if they have the same size wheel lol.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Probably goes without saying but there's no point in doing these comparisons unless you have each vehicle pic zoomed to the exact same ratio. Just the slightest difference in zoom and it will throw off any comparison. Really the only way to do that is using the wheels. The wheels are a very standard measurement and the only common thread... even easier if they have the same size wheel lol.
right. Different zoom and focal length could throw you off by a few inches.
and the bronco has 34.4” tires the Wrangler has 32.7”

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not to continue this bullshit, but...

... that being said, my IFS SWB Pajero will swap ends easily ...
Unless there's a big counterbalance hanging off the rear it's pretty much guaranteed.

Hard braking, washboard/whoops, descending etc. it's going to be hard to keep traction in the rear.

Even a rear-engine vehicle with a short wheelbase will do it.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Unless there's a big counterbalance hanging off the rear it's pretty much guaranteed.

Hard braking, washboard/whoops, descending etc. it's going to be hard to keep traction in the rear.

Even a rear-engine vehicle with a short wheelbase will do it.
LEAVE MY CORVAIR ALONE

Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't think that would have helped LOL

croyco

Black Diamond
First Name
croydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
what brand of tires on this proto?

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
2-door wheelbase ?
4-door wheelbase ?

I was counting the bubble wrap, bubbles... as a way to space things/compare.
Sponsored