Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
2-door wheelbase ?
4-door wheelbase ?

I was counting the bubble wrap, bubbles... as a way to space things/compare.
As stated before. Using the known tire size on the 4 door (34.4”)

you get roughly 112-114” WB on the 4 door
And about 98”-100” WB on the 2 door
Sponsored

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are the latest guesses on the width of the new Bronco versus the wrangler and the early Bronco?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
latest guesses on the width
Vehicles have gotten wide...perhaps because people are wider or rollover stability. But proportionality is one of the last remaining questions I have - especially on the 2-door. Gen 1 Bronco was I think 68.5" wide. Current Wrangler is 73.8" at the flares; whispers on this forum say the new bronco will be 'slightly wider'.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Vehicles have gotten wide...perhaps because people are wider or rollover stability. But proportionality is one of the last remaining questions I have - especially on the 2-door. Gen 1 Bronco was I think 68.5" wide. Current Wrangler is 73.8" at the flares; whispers on this forum say the new bronco will be 'slightly wider'.
Current Ranger is 73” wide. But the bronco has wider tires. Meaning another inch or two. So maybe 75”

I’ll have to look as see the rear end photo and do some measurements with the spare

Sponsored

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A wider track-with absolutely helps with roll over performance, especially if a vehicle goes through alot of light weighting in chassis components which negatively effects CG. It's common to see vehicle platforms that come the the US from other markets to get an increased track width due to Roll Over Safety regulations.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All this talk of how wide it's gonna be has me like
pacer was 100"WB; 171.8"/77.3". So, ya'think Bronco should copy this commercial?

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Current Ranger is 73” wide. But the bronco has wider tires. Meaning another inch or two. So maybe 75”

I’ll have to look as see the rear end photo and do some measurements with the spare
Here is why I ask about width - This is one of the trails we aspire to (though I'll have to slip a valium into the wife's morning coffee before we go....)

I think these old Willys were right about 70" wide. At the 5:20 mark in the video you can see where width becomes a bit of a challenge. I elected NOT to take my F150 SCREW down this trail, though I know full sized PUs do it frequently.

Last edited:

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ttb
All this talk of how wide it's gonna be has me like

Frickin Hilarious! Looks like something Mel Brooks would have thrown together right after Blazing Saddles!

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here is why I ask about width - This is one of the trails we aspire to (though I'll have to slip a valium into the wife's morning coffee before we go....)

I think these old Willys were right about 70" wide. At the 5:20 mark in the video you can see where width becomes a bit of a challenge. I elected NOT to take my F150 SCREW down this trail, though I know full sized PUs do it frequently.
Ford Bronco 2-Door 2021 Bronco Prototype Makes Grand First Appearance, Bombing Through Snow and Catching Air! DC01C60F-A25D-4B01-AD2B-9FCE326CA6D8

using The rear end to measure and got ~75-77” wide SHE THICCCC

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’d honestly be fine with 75”. Would be nice for cargo capacity for sure. 72” is still a sweet spot though IMO. (Same as the 2005 explorer I had which was IMO perfectly sized in width)

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’d honestly be fine with 75”. Would be nice for cargo capacity for sure. 72” is still a sweet spot though IMO. (Same as the 2005 explorer I had which was IMO perfectly sized in width)
Yeah, 75-77" wide sounds perfect to me. Narrower than a raptor but wider than a jeep. That also means it should be comfortably wider than it is tall, which is a requirement for me as a lot of events I enter have that as their benchmark for rollover safety.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I wonder how the CG height will compare to other vehicles in it's class, considering the (presumably) aluminum-intensive construction.

Since static stability factor is a function of CG height, track width, and bank angle, a lower CG means you can pitch it through the corners harder, all other things being equal.
Sponsored