First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
There’s a $4700 jump from Base 2 door to 4 door, a larger jump than any other trim. With the automatic transmission no longer standard on the 4 door, what are he chances that price difference comes down?
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There’s a $4700 jump from Base 2 door to 4 door, a larger jump than any other trim. With the automatic transmission no longer standard on the 4 door, what are he chances that price difference comes down?
Sadly I'm going with slim to none. And hope that I'm wrong.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are making up for the artificially low price on the entry level 2 door, just so they can say 'starting at $28,500, then comes the big jump in price.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They are making up for the artificially low price on the entry level 2 door, just so they can say 'starting at $28,500, then comes the big jump in price.
Yeah I'm sorry, but I see a lot of people keep saying this to justify the jump... only problem with that is it's bullshit!

Ford Bronco 2 door/4 door Base price disparity 1601034255269
Ford Bronco 2 door/4 door Base price disparity 1601034277021

You'd think they'd try to undercut Jeep on both the Base 2 door and 4 door (especially with the 1st MY in the return of the Bronco). Yet they didn't. So I'm not buying this 'artificially low' starting price. It's just Ford knows they can sell it at that price, so why would they cut into their profits?

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I'm sorry, but I see a lot of people keep saying this to justify the jump... only problem with that is it's bullshit!

You'd think they'd try to undercut Jeep on both the Base 2 door and 4 door (especially with the 1st MY in the return of the Bronco). Yet they didn't. So I'm not buying this 'artificially low' starting price. It's just Ford knows they can sell it at that price, so why would they cut into their profits?
Hmm. I don't think its artificially low. It's still 30k for the base in reality. The Jeep is comparable, like really, really close. In price.
However, not as many standard options on their base. And I can only assume much worse fit and finish.
We went to look at some this past weekend just for kicks.
F&F is pretty rough. I mean, compared to a lot of new stuff.
But it is a purpose built, not meant to be a Lexus vehicle too.
With all that said, IF Ford brings a better quality, better riding, driving, sounding, more powerful vehicle to market so close to current Jeep pricing, they will still bat it out of the park. And I firmly believe they will.

Also, the cost to upgrade to a 4 door should be consistent across models. It's the exact same upgrade regardless of base or FE.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the pricing is interesting too, party because 4dr doesn’t come standard with the hard top either. Lots of discussion on the forum about how many buy manuals or hard tops, but overall I think it’s a very high percentage for both. That makes the 4dr much more expensive in the most popular trims. For me, it’s not really a consideration for a 2dr. I had three 2dr Broncos. I loved them, but the reason they were replaced by the Expedition? 2dr is really a niche product. Getting in the back, getting things out of the back, not being able to use the vehicle for more than 2 people (older than 18) all gets tiring to me.

jason1114

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok I know that ford changed the auto tranny on the base 4 door but other than the website has this been announced or posted? I really haven’t seen anything from ford directly saying this, it was supposedly a mistake?? No one noticed it for almost 2 months I call BS!!!
Sponsored