2-Door Aftermarket Subwoofer Location and More

Zeta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So I don't know if I'll be able to get one of these Broncos yet as the world and money are tricky things, but if I do ill be coming from a 1997 XJ. They have really great interior space with the back seat tumbled. It will suck to buy a larger vehicle with less space.

Another consideration is that I really love good audio and I consider a subwoofer to be essential to the pursuit of it. I'm not going to be able to afford to option up to whatever trim allows the B&O subwoofer.

Also, I can count on one hand the number of times I've needed to transport three passengers in the last five years.

I'm not sure where they put the factory subwoofer, but I'm entertaining the idea of removing only the left rear seat in the 2-Door and building something that will provide subwoofer space in the footwell and a flat surface on top for a weird half flat cargo area. That way I can take slightly longer things with me or easily access that side of the cargo space by folding the driver's seat up.

I would appreciate input as these are just really early musings.
Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm thinking I spotted the sub in the tailgate ...? What'da think?
Ive simply upgraded the sub itself in some of my car's, and sound deadened the factory enclosure for a much better bass response.

20200801_182915.jpg

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In many SUVs the Bose subwoofer sits inside of the spare tire, under the rear cargo area. I know the spare is on the tailgate, but if they put the jack under the floor, maybe the subwoofer will go there as well

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I actually just created a thread asking the same thing. Apparently that bump-out on the rear door is to accommodate the latch mechanism for the door. I'm told the sub is located in the right rear of the cargo area

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I actually just created a thread asking the same thing. Apparently that bump-out on the rear door is to accommodate the latch mechanism for the door. I'm told the sub is located in the right rear of the cargo area
Yup, sub is located here.
Ford Bronco 2-Door Aftermarket Subwoofer Location and More 1612743365468

It is only there with the 10 speaker B&O system, but wouldn't surprise me if the aftermarket (MTX?) has something to fit that spot pretty quickly...

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yup, sub is located here.
Ford Bronco 2-Door Aftermarket Subwoofer Location and More 1612743365468

It is only there with the 10 speaker B&O system, but wouldn't surprise me if the aftermarket (MTX?) has something to fit that spot pretty quickly...
Is there a compartment you can open/remove, or would you have to year the plastic apart to get to the sub? (I haven't received my Bronco yet or I'd probably know this.)
Sponsored