Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
GIF of the sta-bar disco
Off_Roading_in_the_New_Bronco_and_How_to_Do_King_of_the_Hammers__Built2Wander.gif
Even with that minimal articulation allowed due to King-Nuts size tires it still had an effect. Albeit, they probably had to get that Bronco lined up juuuuuuuuuust right for the rear wheel to be able to touch the ground as the body work rested on the front tires.

Still, good to see it in action.

Also, all the people complaining about a glossy dashboard, there's your solution! Drive the damn vehicle with the windows down and in dusty environments. Looks like tons of fun!

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Even with that minimal articulation allowed due to King-Nuts size tires it still had an effect. Albeit, they probably had to get that Bronco lined up juuuuuuuuuust right for the rear wheel to be able to touch the ground as the body work rested on the front tires.

Still, good to see it in action.

Also, all the people complaining about a glossy dashboard, there's your solution! Drive the damn vehicle with the windows down and in dusty environments. Looks like tons of fun!
Yeah I think they had to get the truck perfectly placed on that rock. haha. Definitely looks like the front tire is stuffed. They really are pushing this feature and the Badlands in general. Judging by the amount of people who have opted for the Badlands, it's working.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah I think they had to get the truck perfectly placed on that rock. haha. Definitely looks like the front tire is stuffed. They really are pushing this feature and the Badlands in general. Judging by the amount of people who have opted for the Badlands, it's working.
Willing to bet sway bar disco moves fewer buyers than you think.

I'm also on the Badlands bandwagon, but without anecdotal feelings, Badlands offers a LOT more content than BD at near the price point, and opens up more options than BD. Squatch & BD to get 210 axle/front locker is simply Badlands with blue accent and expensive tires, you still don't get any of the interior/looks upgrades.

Badlands is giving you the 210 axle, access to mid/high pack, front locker, signature lighting, different grills and paint options for not a lot of extra cheddar. Disco hasn't factored into any of the above, it simply comes with Badlands on top of the value proposition it brings over BD.

You can always slap big tires on Badlands for less than Badlands+Squatch is going to cost you. I really don't even understand why they offer Squatch on badlands.

Skagzoola

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruz (POS)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm also on the Badlands bandwagon, but without anecdotal feelings, Badlands offers a LOT more content than BD at near the price point, and opens up more options than BD. Squatch & BD to get 210 axle/front locker is simply Badlands with blue accent and expensive tires, you still don't get any of the interior/looks upgrades.

Badlands is giving you the 210 axle, access to mid/high pack, front locker, signature lighting, different grills and paint options for not a lot of extra cheddar. Disco hasn't factored into any of the above, it simply comes with Badlands on top of the value proposition it brings over BD.

You can always slap big tires on Badlands for less than Badlands+Squatch is going to cost you. I really don't even understand why they offer Squatch on badlands.
This.
I was originally BD, but with what you're already paying for it, you might as well just go BL.....
I mean ford obviously did this on purpose, but if you're already close to breaking $50k on the BD with squatch, you might as well go a few thousand higher and get BL.
"Buy once, cry once. "

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

QUOTE="Rick Astley

[/QUOTE]
Well @Rick Astley and @Spooled, the Badlands is just a great value to anyone who goes wheeling and has actually ever tried to build a rig to do so as both of you know.

Out of the box, you can take on some decent trails and obstacles. With the Wrangler, I know how much the car media says it can do almost anything off the lot, even the stripped Sport, but that honestly isn't true. It can handle a gravel driveway, sure, but so can any SUV even on street tires if there isn't a grade.

With Wrangler, if you plan to actually wheel, you need the Rubicon UNLESS, you plan to fully build your own suspension which many opt to do. Even Rubicon wheelers mostly change out almost everything, this besides the tires and wheels.

Realistically, a wheeling Wrangler Rubicon is an extra $2K-$5K depending on which stage suspension you want to grab. Then there's the bumper and fender upgrades that many opt to do, the winch, etc. Once done that $52K Rubicon is actually around $60K and it rings that bell pretty easily.

Now, most guys don't wheel a damn thing and just put on a cheap cut rate lift, some wheels, tires, and call it a day. But, for that population that roll in the woods, that's the investment.

Sure, you can build a Wrangler Sport with a suspension switch for cheaper, but you're upgrading a little more in parts and where's your sway bar? Well, you'll need to add that, so tack on some more money, even though you may wind up with something better. However, the big elephant in the room is if you opt for 37s and don't want to rub. May take some cutting and what about that Axle? Swapping that is also what many, including me would suggest. So when you save on the Sport, you actually add in aftermarket costs.

Anyway, IFS and all, the Badlands out the door price + capability for those who will use it, is actually smart money unless you plan to roll it from the dealership right to a shop for an even more serious suspension upgrade.

I don't know at this point, but badlands suspension is likely a high end stage 1 kit, or maybe a with Squatch its stage 2 which is awesome from the factory.

Even if just a Stage 1, that's pretty good from a factory model.

Last edited:

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am glad that I upgraded from an Outer Banks to a Badlands, the Baja mode is gonna be perfect for Illinois potholes!

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This.
I was originally BD, but with what you're already paying for it, you might as well just go BL.....
I mean ford obviously did this on purpose, but if you're already close to breaking $50k on the BD with squatch, you might as well go a few thousand higher and get BL.
"Buy once, cry once. "
Now, I've already started drinking for the night, and my first language is dick jokes so those with their faithful delicate sensibilities and/or the hippies among us impacted by Venus being in retrograde may not want to hear it, but I'm calling this BL>BD pricing logic as being firmer than a teenager in physics class.

Two confirmations is good enough for the girls I get with!

Skagzoola

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruz (POS)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Now, I've already started drinking for the night, and my first language is dick jokes so those with their faithful delicate sensibilities and/or the hippies among us impacted by Venus being in retrograde may not want to hear it, but I'm calling this BL>BD pricing logic as being firmer than a teenager in physics class.

Two confirmations is good enough for the girls I get with!
You're literally my favorite poster in the entire forum.

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base

Title says it all. Video from the YouTube channel Driving Line, in conjunction with Built2Wander. Tried to embed the video in a way that it starts with the ride along. We’ll see if it worked, if not the ride along starts at 6:07.

Overall it seems very similar to the KOH ride along videos we’ve seen already. However it’s nice to see a 2 door in action.
Nice video...but music is obnoxious..
Sponsored