Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Those of you getting all jacked up about the difference in looks between 33 and 35: stop looking at pictures online and go look at/drive a Jeep with 35’s and 33’s. You need to see the differences in person.

(Not here to argue that a Bronco will drive differently than a Jeep due to front axle differences — compare notes between ride quality, road noise etc from 33” to 35”, just make sure the tires aren’t at radically different stages of wear).

Pictures ALWAYS make things look less radical than they look in real life. That Jeep in your town you think is rolling on 35’s? It’s got 33’s.
Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A sports car has improved handling and power for on pavement. You need not take it to a track to benefit from those attributes. They are meant to improve performance on pavement.

On the other hand, 4low, locking diffs, unlocking sway bars, 35" tires, etc ... those are mostly geared towards off pavement use. On pavement the benefit is typically low, other than to the imagination. So your comparison has issues.
So a sports cars 400hp engine or a sport bikes 180 hp is a necessity on normal highways ? Got it.
I think your attitude about what people should spend their money on has more issues , lol.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So a sports cars 400hp engine or a sport bikes 180 hp is a necessity on normal highways ? Got it.
I think your attitude about what people should spend their money on has more issues , lol.
Um no. I didn't say anything about 400hp engine or being "necessary" on normal highways. I pointed out that sports cars have attributes "meant to improve performance on pavement". While the key items I listed on the Sasquatch "are mostly geared towards off pavement use". Not complicated.

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

2-door Badlands looks great (on either 33s, or 35s).....but BaseSquatch is an outstanding value.....

1608141116442.png
This is why im going BDSquatch. I like the look better

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Um no. I didn't say anything about 400hp engine or being "necessary" on normal highways. I pointed out that sports cars have attributes "meant to improve performance on pavement". While the key items I listed on the Sasquatch "are mostly geared towards off pavement use". Not complicated.
Well I sure would like the convenience , sound system and safety features the High and Lux packages offer . Too bad they are only available on the OBX and above .The Interior of the Badlands looks great and I'm sure the better shocks would improve performance somewhat on pavement also but since it is 90% Sasquatched you've convinced me I should not have anything above a OBX . I don't like the look of the dash in that or the painted flares so I guess I'm restricted to BD or below . I will miss the extra G.O.A.T. modes and the nicer instrument panel and textured dash of the higher trims if I go that route but I sure don't want to look silly to you or the other die hard off road fanatics . Decisions decisions . Between Ford putting options tied to certain trims and trying to please smarter people like you it seems pretty complicated .

Sponsored

ToddReynolds

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Raptor, 2023 Badlands 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe have to meet in the middle at a 34" :) to stop the rubbing. I do like the look of the
outlander.
I agree,I would pick the rim you like the best, if it comes with 33's and you end up wanting a little more than the 285/75/17 will get you a 34" tire which is only about .5" smaller diameter than squatch in reality and Tire Rack shows it fits the width of the rim options with 33's.

MotoCeptorMan

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang, 2013 Ram, 2003 Jeep Liberty 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It wasn’t too bad but it was there. Not sure about the flares. You can kind of see the left front tire rubbing a little in the pic I took below.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
Could this sas-squat look be at least partially due to too much junk in the trunk? With the winch on the front, a roof-top tent, and fridge/stove/camping gear in back, maybe the shocks are significantly compressed.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

39s are better.
Lol ok after thinking about it further I decided to go from BL to aftermarket 35s, ride around in those for 40k miles then decide if 37s are next.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Could this sas-squat look be at least partially due to too much junk in the trunk? With the winch on the front, a roof-top tent, and fridge/stove/camping gear in back, maybe the shocks are significantly compressed.
That’s my opinion. But that also does not bode well for those wanting to travel like they are moving from the hills of the Ozarks to Beverly Hills.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have been contemplating whether the Sasquatch Package is worth it or not.

The new pictures of the 2-Door on the 33s look great, but the moment you see it beside a Sasquatch, it looks small.

Here’s a picture of a Sasquatch in the thanksgiving parade. Just look at the presence it has on the road.

Anyone else having this dilemma?

Intertesting how 1.9" more of wheel track and 3.1" of overall tire stance changes the look.

Tards

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sl450
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the badlands looks best. The squatch is badass, but a bit cartoonish. My ideal would be steelies with ko2. Question, when bigger tires are put on, the gears have to be changed to match, right? So on a bl or squatch, Ford will gear them different stock, right? But if you got a base for example and put bigger tires on your gearing will be a little off? Also, I see the different rear axle ratios, but what about the front drive ratio, does that have gear swap?

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the badlands looks best. The squatch is badass, but a bit cartoonish. My ideas would be steelies with ko2. Question, when bigger tires are put on, the gears have to be changed to match, right? So on a bl or squatch, Ford will gears them different stock, right? But if you got a base for example and put bigger tires on your gearing will be a little off? Also, I see the different rear axle ratios, but what about the front drive ratio, does that have gear swap?
Yeah, you have to swap both rears and fronts together (otherwise you run into issues with 4wd). When talking about re-gearing a 4wd vehicle it is implied that you do both, even if you only mention the rear.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the badlands looks best. The squatch is badass, but a bit cartoonish. My ideas would be steelies with ko2. Question, when bigger tires are put on, the gears have to be changed to match, right? So on a bl or squatch, Ford will gears them different stock, right? But if you got a base for example and put bigger tires on your gearing will be a little off? Also, I see the different rear axle ratios, but what about the front drive ratio, does that have gear swap?
Front and rear gearing will always match from the factory and you will need to swap both when changing to accommodate different sized tires. Also, you can get factory 4.70 gearing as a no cost option (for now at least). This is the same gearing used in across the board with the Sasquatch package and auto transmission. When manual Sasquatch is offered, the gearing may be different because it comes standard with 4.70 on the Badlands with 33's, but I couldn't tell you for sure. I have heard that the gears themselves get weaker if you go past a 4.88, but I honestly couldn't tell you for sure. Someone who has swapped gears multiple times could probably tell you.
Sponsored