Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I didn't say it before, I'm sayin' it now. Totally rad, bro. I went base, and wish I'd gone squelch with the roof rails. Looks like if you didn't get rails from the factory, you are not getting them ever.
I don't know what your plans are for wheeling it but I think you'll find that even without Sasquatch the Base Bronco is surprisingly capable. Add a rear locker at some point in the future and it will be virtually unstoppable. As for the roof rack, there will be a bewildering array of aftermarket ones to choose from before long. Don't bemoan your choices. Broncos are not cast in stone at the factory. They are infinitely customizable.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey dusty I love what u have done with your bronco. I also have a base 2 door and I just bought a set of used sas 35s what mods do you think I will have to do ? Mine is auto and 2.3 liter thx
You'll want at least a spacer lift to keep it from rubbing on full articulation. That's pretty much all I did to accommodate the 35's. I don't know what gearing you got but it's probably not as deep as the 4.46 gears that my manual trans equipped one came with. So yours might feel a little sluggish on take-off. Maybe someone who's put 35's on a non-Squatch with auto can chime in about performance.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't know what your plans are for wheeling it but I think you'll find that even without Sasquatch the Base Bronco is surprisingly capable. Add a rear locker at some point in the future and it will be virtually unstoppable. As for the roof rack, there will be a bewildering array of aftermarket ones to choose from before long. Don't bemoan your choices. Broncos are not cast in stone at the factSaory. They are infinitely customizable.
Indeed. I really don't need Sasquath, may want the rear locking diff as you note. Seen the part number somewhere. If Yakima or someone doesn't come foreward with a rear topper only rack solution, I may have some plans with t-slot 2020 or other extruded bar. Taking it to Cali by way of NM and NV with some Utah and AZ time on the return. Didn't manage to get the bash plates in time due to constraints with the modular bumper.

Bronco Boater

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f 150 2.7 Echo boost
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey dusty thanks for the info. What size and brand spacer lift did you use? I know the gearing is not ideal but I will not be off road much and off the line performance is not a major factor for me. Did u remove crash bars and did you use spacers to move the wheels out more and away from the suspension?
thx

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey dusty thanks for the info. What size and brand spacer lift did you use? I know the gearing is not ideal but I will not be off road much and off the line performance is not a major factor for me. Did u remove crash bars and did you use spacers to move the wheels out more and away from the suspension?
thx
I'm using a Level-Lift spacer kit from ICON Vehicle Dynamics. It yields about 3" in the front and 2" in the rear. As of this writing it's not quite available to purchase but it should be very soon. I'm not running any wheel spacers but the wheels I'm running have 25mm offset which closely matches the 30mm offset of the Sasquatch wheels. And yes the crash bars are removed.

Sponsored

Geo

Base
First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm using a Level-Lift spacer kit from ICON Vehicle Dynamics. It yields about 3" in the front and 2" in the rear. As of this writing it's not quite available to purchase but it should be very soon. I'm not running any wheel spacers but the wheels I'm running have 25mm offset which closely matches the 30mm offset of the Sasquatch wheels. And yes the crash bars are removed.
Dusty: Is "very soon" days, weeks or months? About to lift my 2 dr. base and really like the stance of your ICON level-lift.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dusty: Is "very soon" days, weeks or months? About to lift my 2 dr. base and really like the stance of your ICON level-lift.
Should be sometime this coming week.

Reactions: Geo

Bronco Boater

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f 150 2.7 Echo boost
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey dusty thx for the reply I know u ran the sas wheel combo, in your opinion do you think with a 1 inch front level kit, nothing on rear, I remove crash bars and not do any crazy off roading would my setup work

Hopp150

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco / 1996 Bronco / 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I finally got my own wheels and tires on to the Bronco the other day (I'd been rotating through several different borrowed sets). Haven't had a chance to wheel this combination yet but I did have an hour or so to run out to the wash at sunset the other day and snap a few pics. This is a non-Sasquatch Base 2-Door with an ICON level-lift kit, 35" NITTO Trail Grapplers and 17 X 8.5 ICON Rebound Pros with 25mm offset. I think it looks pretty good :)

IMG_1627X.jpg

IMG_1625.JPG

IMG_1633.JPG

IMG_1647.JPG

IMG_1613.JPG
By far one of the cleanest looking bases I've seen so far. I'm interested in the Nittos. Are you happy with the higher load rating vs something like a 315 70 17 BFG load range C? I've always assumed that higher flex tires like a load range C would be better for wheeling but I see a lot of folks running the higher ratings and I'm just curious if you see any con's to them....Thanks
Sponsored