stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Your build makes the case that the base model is every bit as cool as the high end trims. And that is but one of the many reasons that makes the new bronco a legendary American vehicle. Well done sir, well done!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any issues running those on the weaker front axle? I’d want bigger tires on my base eventually, but am worried about the axle/FDU struggling with anything larger than 32 when off-road.
No issues so far, though it's definitely something to be concerned about. I'll give you my reasoning for being willing to push my luck, and you can come to your own conclusions. The M190 diff, while it has a smaller ring gear than the M210, is rated to handle slightly more torque than the Dana 44 that is in the front of my JK Rubicon, which I've wheeled fairly hard on 37's for almost six years now, with no failure. So for the ring gear being able to handle the torque, I think it should be OK for 35's. Second reason is that with IFS, the differential housing isn't supporting the weight of the vehicle the way a straight axle does in an SFA setup. So having the aluminum housing isn't much of a detriment in that regard. In an IFS configuration, the housing's only job is to hold the ring and pinion togeth as torque is applied, to keep the gears meshed. It doesn't have to handle axle twist, steering forces, suspension forces or bearing the vehicle weight. Third, if it had a front locker I'd be more concerned, as a locker does exert some of those forces as it sends torque to both wheels rather than letting one slip. So because of those reasons I'm fairly comfortable wheeling it on 35's. But if I ever decide to go up to 37's I think I'd be living on borrowed time so I'd probably want to upgrade to the M210 at that point, coinciding with a gear change and maybe adding a locker all in one fell swoop. But to be honest we're having so much fun in this thing I'm not really jonesin' for bigger tires.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Your build makes the case that the base model is every bit as cool as the high end trims. And that is but one of the many reasons that makes the new bronco a legendary American vehicle. Well done sir, well done!
It's Twice the Fun at Half the Price™ 😀

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No issues so far, though it's definitely something to be concerned about. I'll give you my reasoning for being willing to push my luck, and you can come to your own conclusions. The M190 diff, while it has a smaller ring gear than the M210, is rated to handle slightly more torque than the Dana 44 that is in the front of my JK Rubicon, which I've wheeled fairly hard on 37's for almost six years now, with no failure. So for the ring gear being able to handle the torque, I think it should be OK for 35's. Second reason is that with IFS, the differential housing isn't supporting the weight of the vehicle the way a straight axle does in an SFA setup. So having the aluminum housing isn't much of a detriment in that regard. In an IFS configuration, the housing's only job is to hold the ring and pinion togeth as torque is applied, to keep the gears meshed. It doesn't have to handle axle twist, steering forces, suspension forces or bearing the vehicle weight. Third, if it had a front locker I'd be more concerned, as a locker does exert some of those forces as it sends torque to both wheels rather than letting one slip. So because of those reasons I'm fairly comfortable wheeling it on 35's. But if I ever decide to go up to 37's I think I'd be living on borrowed time so I'd probably want to upgrade to the M210 at that point, coinciding with a gear change and maybe adding a locker all in one fell swoop. But to be honest we're having so much fun in this thing I'm not really jonesin' for bigger tires.
I have 35 trail grapplers on my 2500hd, they are tough looking and go through anything including snow. But they are getting loud now on hiway. Going ridge for bronco and it if I can find them. 😆

AM1217

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited 115 Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Base
I finally got my own wheels and tires on to the Bronco the other day (I'd been rotating through several different borrowed sets). Haven't had a chance to wheel this combination yet but I did have an hour or so to run out to the wash at sunset the other day and snap a few pics. This is a non-Sasquatch Base 2-Door with an ICON level-lift kit, 35" NITTO Trail Grapplers and 17 X 8.5 ICON Rebound Pros with 25mm offset. I think it looks pretty good :)

IMG_1627X.jpg

IMG_1625.JPG

IMG_1633.JPG

IMG_1647.JPG

IMG_1613.JPG
Hey Dusty have you seen the Rough Country Winch set up for your bumper that would be a nice add on if your keeping the stock bumper.
Ford Bronco 2-Door Base non-Squatch on 35" NITTO's & ICON Rebound Pros img_7729

Sponsored

refade1

Base
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
I love your Bronco! Also getting Base in Silver 2.3L Automatic. Looking to probably upgrade to some 33's. Expected to be here in December. Maybe we can hit some trails and show these other guys the base is the way to go.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Really nice. That was my choice too- Base, white although I was going with Sas as my only option. I love the white against the black. It sounded really good at the time I placed my reservation and I would not change a thing on my order if I was a lucky or chosen one by my dealer.

Sponsored

ARETE

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great pics and an even greater looking BRONCO!! Congratulations, Enjoy!!
🤘🐎❤⚡⚡

garyobx

Outer Banks
First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I finally got my own wheels and tires on to the Bronco the other day (I'd been rotating through several different borrowed sets). Haven't had a chance to wheel this combination yet but I did have an hour or so to run out to the wash at sunset the other day and snap a few pics. This is a non-Sasquatch Base 2-Door with an ICON level-lift kit, 35" NITTO Trail Grapplers and 17 X 8.5 ICON Rebound Pros with 25mm offset. I think it looks pretty good :)

sweet ride. i love the wheel and tire combo. Are the wheels titanium?

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can probably paint the letters white.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey Dusty have you seen the Rough Country Winch set up for your bumper that would be a nice add on if your keeping the stock bumper.
Yes I've seen those and it's a nice looking product. But I'll be going a different route soon :)
Sponsored