First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like my brother from another mother Dave @AzScorpion I have the 2.3L in a Ranger. It's a damned impressive engine. I went backwards, and forwards at least a million times on which engine I would get in my Bronco. I went with the 2.7L just because that's want I wanted. There was no rhyme, or other reason for my choice. If the 2.3L was the only engine choice in the Bronco I would be fine with that.
You know Jim I've was going back and forth on this for a while but after seeing the numbers I just don't see the real value in it. I'm still having a hard time deciding between the Base SAS (now that I've seen some here) and my original Badlands order. Forgoing the 2.7 I can move up to the High package which for me gives me added value. But that Base SAS looks so damn good! 🧐
Sponsored

Last edited:

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
By the time they get around to building mine, there will most likely be three more motor options. Lol

Andy_M

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just today I was at a local Ford dealership, which had a 4-door Outer Banks, w/ the 2.7L auto. I test drove that and then a Ranger with the 2.3L auto. I didn’t really notice much of a difference in acceleration between the two. The 2.3L had a more aggressive sound than the 2.7L. My original build was a 2 door, 2.7L Basesquatch, but after today I’ve decide to update to a 2 door 2.3L auto Badlands.

3F359323-B49D-4758-B176-2E08484F6704.jpeg

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You know Jim I've was going back and forth on this for a while but after seeing the numbers I just don't see the real value in it. I'm still having a hard time deciding between the Base SAS (now that I've seen some here) and my original Badlands order. Forgoing the 2.7 I can move up to the High package which for me gives me added value. But that Base SAS looks some damn good! 🧐
I get it brother. Every day I think of something to change. Ford needs to hurry up, and get my order going before I go completely nuts. :)

BTW, I think the 2.3L will be a fine choice for the 2 door Broncos.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2.3 because manual. If 2.7 Manual we’re option, I would go with that.

Sponsored

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
You know Jim I've was going back and forth on this for a while but after seeing the numbers I just don't see the real value in it. I'm still having a hard time deciding between the Base SAS (now that I've seen some here) and my original Badlands order. Forgoing the 2.7 I can move up to the High package which for me gives me added value. But that Base SAS looks some damn good! 🧐
Join the base camp!

Sure, we have no heated seats, no MGV or leather, no 360 cameras, no ACC, no 12-inch screen, no leather steering wheel, no tow package, no CO/A51/CG, no sig lights...... but we do have a cool blacked-out grille 😎

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get it brother. Every day I think of something to change. Ford needs to hurry up, and get my order going before I go completely nuts. :)

BTW, I think the 2.3L will be a fine choice for the 2 door Broncos.
I can usually decide on things fairly quickly but it's harder with all this time on my hands. Now I know what my gf goes through trying to find something to wear. Thank God this is a one time thing because I don't know how they do this every day! 🙃

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, I just got back from driving a 2DR Wildtrack which has Sasquatch and 2.7 and then I drove the 2DR 2.3 MT Badlands. The 2.7 was super torquey but I honestly had more fun driving the 2.3 manual. Both accelerated really well but the 2.3 badlands felt more nimble. The 2.7 in sport mode had the throw you back in your seat torque but felt heavier. The 2.3 was obviously not as fast but it is still faster than everything else I drive (5.4l F150 supercrew and Acura MDX). At this point i'm thinking I should drop the 2.7. The only thing keeping me with it now is the idea that the compact graphite block will last longer than the aluminum block and the port injection will keep it cleaner.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i am buying my bronco is it is available with a manual transmission. there are plenty of other choices, but the bang for your buck on the base with a manual transmission is great. starting at just below 30K for a base 2 door. this is a bargain. adding a v6 takes away one of the primary factors for my purchase. this will be the replacement for my 2017 Fiat 124 Abarth. this will be replacing the role of my toy car. i want a vehicle which is going to be fun to drive, whether it is between the cones of an autocross track or a twisty stretch of road, or off the paved world as we know it, this is going to be my toy, and a manual transmission is a necessity. i have owned a car with a manual transmission since i got a license. if this vehicle was not available, it would have received absolutely no consideration.

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just today I was at a local Ford dealership, which had a 4-door Outer Banks, w/ the 2.7L auto. I test drove that and then a Ranger with the 2.3L auto. I didn’t really notice much of a difference in acceleration between the two. The 2.3L had a more aggressive sound than the 2.7L. My original build was a 2 door, 2.7L Basesquatch, but after today I’ve decide to update to a 2 door 2.3L auto Badlands.

Ford Bronco 2 door base Sasquatch 2.3 vs. 2.7? 3F359323-B49D-4758-B176-2E08484F6704
The sound you hear is piped out of the speakers on the 3.5 eco in the F150 so I imagine the same for the Bronco

Sponsored

Cskyline

Base
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3500Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would choose the 2.7 with the sas package but if you didn’t have sas I would go with the 2.3

Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 2 door base with sas and the 2.3 MT. Lots of fun to drive and seems to have more than enough get up and go.
Sponsored