Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BaseSasquatch.jpg

2.7L -HD bumpers- VB- Aux Switches

With the following, I am trying to provide mostly new infomation and not repeat others.

Size-
The specs fail to convey the size of the Sasquatch. I saw the 4 Door BL Overlander and the 2 Door BL ( both non-Sasquatch ) at Supercel East last fall. I also saw the two non-Sasquatch 4 doors during the dealer circuit this spring.
None of that prepared me for the dominating look of the Sasquatch. The Bronco bodies are designed for the Sasquatch package and sorry but all other trims are a reduction of that design in cost and appearence.

2 Door vs 4 Door Comparison-
There is none. Both serve a different purpose and both look equally great with the Sasquatch package.

MIC 2 Door Top-
My top has a rough horizontal edge in the back. Otherwise it looks good. The panel fit from above looks uniformed and tight. This top does mark up very easily from low hanging branches. ( at about 40 MPH )

Satellite XM signal-
It sucks compared to my other vehicles in the same locations.

Seats-
Very nice-Better than I expected. Dealer Rep said they are based on the Ford Flex seats. As for adjustment, every vehicle I ever own ( 22 ) I always had the seat as far back as it would go. Not the Bronco.

Tires-
Should be named Geologist-They love to collect rocks.

2 Door Ride-
Comfortable with very little roll on fast curves.

Height with rack-
My garage is 7-0" standard new home. So with the weather strip and raised floor apron its 80 1/2". Coming in the Bronco clears by about 3".

Roof Rack-
For the main rails, its like they took Rock Rails and mounted the on the roof. Pretty heavy roll formed steel.

Fit and Finish look great

Color-
Don't go by any photo or for that matter any other Ford product of the same color. Let me explain. I dislike VB on the F150. It's just too much. With the Bronco the MIC / Soft tops- flares-grilles all break up any body color. Not sure if that makes sense. Along with my VB I saw CG, A51 and Iconic Silver. All looked outstanding in Sasquatch and I would take any one of them.

Dealer-
This dealer has I think about 200 orders and has delivered 3-4 Door Sasquatches and my 2 Door all with the past 2 days.
I asked him about stock builds- He said some dealers may end up stock orders but he projects to have enough buildable orders so it won't happen at his dealership. This guy went to the point on his own to remove the protection film from all orders and advised customer they need to elect in.

Asked him if he though there would be a deal on MIC tops for those that elected soft tops. He said he didn't see it happening and he guessed that the cost may be similar to Jeep at $ 2300.

Rail Delivery-
One of the Dealer's orders arrived at the final railyard a week before my Bronco yet both came on the same truck to the dealership. Apparently it's not first in -first out at the railyard.

Mileage-
I actually got 20.8 MPG on 68 miles of back roads.

Timeline-
Reservation 7/13/2020 8:09PM EDT
Order 1/20/2021
Production scheduled for 7/26 on 5/27 email
Production moved up to the week of 6/28 on 6/26 email
Window Sticker with 7/2 blend date
Built 7/2
Released 7/3 ( tracker updated as built on 7/3 )
Ford Customer service confirms My Bronco is in the final rail yard 7/13
Dealer post video of it coming off the truck 7/15
Tracker updated overnight to show delivered
Took delivery on 7/16

Overall- its damn nice being a Bronco owner.

Congrats on the new steed. Looks killer !!!!! Nice write up. Keep the pics and info coming. 😁 I have the same build ordered but AMB and no roof rack. I like to think of these builds as a Basetrak. My res date is about a month later, but first at the dealer with 8 allocations.

Got to see a 2DR WT in person. They are a beast.

Ford Bronco 2 Door BaseSquatch Delivered. Timeline, Q & A, Notes From First 100 miles 20210604_180558

Last edited:

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Everytime I see a base bronco I kick my own ass and question my BL order..

congrats!
I went this route too, originally wanted Base Squatch on day one, then learned that manual wasn't offered with Squatch. Moved to Big Bend, then Black Diamond. Ordered the Badlands, manual 2-dr non-squatch.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went this route too, originally wanted Base Squatch on day one, then learned that manual wasn't offered with Squatch. Moved to Big Bend, then Black Diamond. Ordered the Badlands, manual 2-dr non-squatch.
I started off base, liked the BD, ordered the WT, changed my order to BL, have a build date next week...
I’m happy but I do love the simplistic beauty of the base squatch

Sponsored

TXAG96

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Bullitt, '01 Boxster, '87 TBird Turbo Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

all 2 door (early 7/14) reservation holders hate you.
in a loving jealous sort of way.....
congrats !

Mike5681

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco 2 Door BaseSquatch Delivered. Timeline, Q & A, Notes From First 100 miles 20210604_180558

With the following, I am trying to provide mostly new infomation and not repeat others.

Size-
The specs fail to convey the size of the Sasquatch. I saw the 4 Door BL Overlander and the 2 Door BL ( both non-Sasquatch ) at Supercel East last fall. I also saw the two non-Sasquatch 4 doors during the dealer circuit this spring.
None of that prepared me for the dominating look of the Sasquatch. The Bronco bodies are designed for the Sasquatch package and sorry but all other trims are a reduction of that design in cost and appearence.

There is none. Both serve a different purpose and both look equally great with the Sasquatch package.

MIC 2 Door Top-
My top has a rough horizontal edge in the back. Otherwise it looks good. The panel fit from above looks uniformed and tight. This top does mark up very easily from low hanging branches. ( at about 40 MPH )

Satellite XM signal-

Seats-
Very nice-Better than I expected. Dealer Rep said they are based on the Ford Flex seats. As for adjustment, every vehicle I ever own ( 22 ) I always had the seat as far back as it would go. Not the Bronco.

Tires-

2 Door Ride-

Height with rack-
My garage is 7-0" standard new home. So with the weather strip and raised floor apron its 80 1/2". Coming in the Bronco clears by about 3".

Roof Rack-
For the main rails, its like they took Rock Rails and mounted the on the roof. Pretty heavy roll formed steel.

Color-
Don't go by any photo or for that matter any other Ford product of the same color. Let me explain. I dislike VB on the F150. It's just too much. With the Bronco the MIC / Soft tops- flares-grilles all break up any body color. Not sure if that makes sense. Along with my VB I saw CG, A51 and Iconic Silver. All looked outstanding in Sasquatch and I would take any one of them.

Dealer-
This dealer has I think about 200 orders and has delivered 3-4 Door Sasquatches and my 2 Door all with the past 2 days.
I asked him about stock builds- He said some dealers may end up stock orders but he projects to have enough buildable orders so it won't happen at his dealership. This guy went to the point on his own to remove the protection film from all orders and advised customer they need to elect in.

Asked him if he though there would be a deal on MIC tops for those that elected soft tops. He said he didn't see it happening and he guessed that the cost may be similar to Jeep at $ 2300.

Rail Delivery-
One of the Dealer's orders arrived at the final railyard a week before my Bronco yet both came on the same truck to the dealership. Apparently it's not first in -first out at the railyard.

Mileage-

Timeline-
Order 1/20/2021
Built 7/2
Took delivery on 7/16

Are you in the Hilton Head area? I see you have Folly Beach in your avatar. I'm in HHI this week.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Size-

MIC 2 Door Top-

Satellite XM signal-

Seats-

Tires-

2 Door Ride-

Height with rack-

Roof Rack-

Color-

Dealer-

Rail Delivery-

Mileage-

Timeline-
Order 1/20/2021
Built 7/2
Took delivery on 7/16

Excellent review. Thank you.
Do you have plans for using the roof rack? If so, can you share your plans?

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn them for not making a base Mansquatch! That rig looks awesome. Looks like sticker price on that build was around $40,770. Unfortunately I couldn’t forgive myself for not buying a manual transmission. Right now is the first time in my driving life I haven’t had a stick shift in my fleet since I sold my 87 Bronco in September 2020 and my 2015 Passat in December 2020.

Like others here, I started at BB because I at least wanted a locker, then went to BD because I wanted MGV for the beach, then went to BL High because I really wanted heated seats and the rest of the tech. But the base model keeps calling to me! Simple and inexpensive, all it really needs is a decent set of 265/70R17 BD steelies and it’s perfect.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Looks great! Congratulations! Thanks for posting!

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ooooooh sooooo purdy. Congratulations, and enjoy.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I started off base, liked the BD, ordered the WT, changed my order to BL, have a build date next week...
I’m happy but I do love the simplistic beauty of the base squatch
Congrats on your build date! Will be awesome!

OP
OP
Boxer4

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Holy Crap! You must have magic fingers :)
I can only credit this forum. Someone said to have the Ford account setup and funded along with vetting out the dealers before hand. Took a shot that I could change the trim / doors later so I just booked it.