Nicochristino

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This might of been discussed if so I apologize. I’m looking to take out the 6 speakers and replace them with something better. Is it simple enough to just plug and play the new speakers? What are some options that other people have done to upgrade there sound systems?
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This might of been discussed if so I apologize. I’m looking to take out the 6 speakers and replace them with something better. Is it simple enough to just plug and play the new speakers? What are some options that other people have done to upgrade there sound systems?
There are a whole bunch of threads on this you can knowledge-harvest over on the Audio & Electronics sub-forum. I've learned a LOT there while waiting for my Bronco.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

100% agree with @Karl_in_Chicago... go checkout the audio forums for ideas. There really is no "one-size-fits-all."

Having gone through the process myself, below is what was most-to-least impactful:
  • Add an amplifier
  • Replace front dash 4" speakers
  • Replace rear pod 4" speakers OR replace the rear pods with 6.5" pods
  • Add a subwoofer
  • Replace the kick panel speakers
Basically just run down the list until you are happy with the audio. Of course there are those who will want more high-end setups, but that list should sufficient for probably 95% of people.

I also have a handful of videos that may help once you decide what you want to do:
And soon... I'll have a video on installing the subwoofer. (Most of it is done, but waiting on parts that should arrive today.) Definitely check out some of the other videos on the forums and on YouTube as well, helped a lot when deciding what to do and how to do it.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
100% agree with @Karl_in_Chicago... go checkout the audio forums for ideas. There really is no "one-size-fits-all."

Having gone through the process myself, below is what was most-to-least impactful:
  • Add an amplifier
  • Add a subwoofer
Basically just run down the list until you are happy with the audio. Of course there are those who will want more high-end setups, but that list should sufficient for probably 95% of people.

I also have a handful of videos that may help once you decide what you want to do:
And soon... I'll have a video on installing the subwoofer. (Most of it is done, but waiting on parts that should arrive today.) Definitely check out some of the other videos on the forums and on YouTube as well, helped a lot when deciding what to do and how to do it.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This, this right here is the ultimate "TL;DR" summation (IMO) of that forum's content, based upon user's reported experiences, that should be the starting point for anyone with a green-field Bronco audio system they want to improve. This would be an excellent "sticky" over on the electronics subforum. Thanks RagnarKon.

OP
OP

Nicochristino

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

• Add an amplifier
  • Replace front dash 4"

• Add an amplifier
    • Add a subwoofer

• Add a subwoofer

• Add an amplifier
  • Add a subwoofer

Sponsored

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a 2 door, Big Bend as well - I only replaced the speakers with Kickers (no amp, sub nor forscan) and it sounds 100 times better than stock. I'm not spending anymore money on the sound system.

OP
OP

Nicochristino

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What speakers did you go with

I have a 2 door, Big Bend as well - I only replaced the speakers with Kickers (no amp, sub nor forscan) and it sounds 100 times better than stock. I'm not spending anymore money on the sound system.

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Kicker...forgot the model numbers. They sound pretty awesome actually. I followed an old thread from like 2021 exactly, which included baffles, harnesses and bass blockers too. It's a world of difference even without an amp and sub.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
i run alpine co axle in deck and pods
alpine mini subs in kickers
kicker 10" on tail gate by mti with 5 channel amp and processors
do your self a favor the deck and pods go co axles by good name to start
youll still be missing base as the shallow kickers down low aren't punchy
your factory system will push them just fine

Sponsored

n5mj

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 FSB, '97 Ranger, '03 Sport Trac, '11 SHO
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm such a cheap bastage. The Big Bend 2-door with MTX and MIC. Speakers were crap. Replaced with:

4ea Kenwood S1066 speakers off Amazon for the dash and pods, $56 shipped.
Crutchfield Kicker 6" for the kick panels. Kit including Metra adapters, speaker rings was $72 shipped.
A Kicker 46HS10 sub, NIB off Ebay (a girl won it at a Crutchfield contest). $256 shipped. Sits on the floor behind the passenger seat.
Forscan tweak to flatten response, $0. Pulling the rear seats (unrelated to stereo) $0.

Total for the upgrade, $382. Much improved sound. Definitely covers the road and seal noise.

And yes, I am the warranty.

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2 dr Big Bend here. Did JL C1 coaxial in dash with bass blockers (300mhz?); JL C1 components in kick panels and Focals in the factory rear pods. As far as speaker brands/models, good luck finding multiple people with the exact same combinations in their vehicles. The shortest answer to what brand speakers to get is there are Ford and there are better ones. How much better almost always means more money.

Need to sit in the back seat to determine if it's worth the subwoofer flash for more range in the rears. Yes, I know Forscan hack but want to keep Balance/Fader and the flash would be free. (Lots of topics on here for these things too)

Last edited:

Nabor19

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond; 1994 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same here. Upgraded all speakers to Kicker and added the amp/sub to my delete option 2DR BD. Audio is pretty good and I am done With that upgrade

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Basically doing the same thing as others, have not decided which speakers will finally end up in the 2023 Bronco OBX yet (std sound system w/ sub delete - Thanks Ford).

I ordered the Kicker 200.4 amp, Kicker 46HS10, and wiring from plug n play kits. I also ordered (4) Infinity Reference 4032cfx and (2) Infinity Reference 6532ex speakers. If I don't like them, I can always swap them for my Morel Maximo 402's/602's from my 2021 Bronco and run the Infinity speakers in the 2021 Bronco.

I am expecting that the Kicker Key 200.4, 46HS10, and Infinity speakers will sound better than the B&O system running Morel Maximo speakers. Hopefully, that will be the outcome.
Sponsored