Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6spd 2013 F150 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
All this BD around here today is really messing with the ol' decision making process. BD makes a lot of sense and is a set of tires away from more awesomeness.

Advertisement

OP

2021BD

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 JK Willys, '18 Mustang GT, '21 Explorer XLT
All this BD around here today is really messing with the ol' decision making process. BD makes a lot of sense and is a set of tires away from more awesomeness.
Yeah, you ain't kidding. I am normally a pretty decisive person but this Bronco is killing me. Yesterday I was "settled" on a race red Wildtrak; woke up this morning, thinking white squatched Badlands ... then I run into this Black Diamond today and am thinking, save a lot of $ and throw 33s on it and good to go. At the end of the day, I will probably go with Sasquatch (just seems too good of a factory package to pass up), but man, I have NEVER agonized over a vehicle like this Bronco ....

LEGEND

First Name
KC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 grand cherokee, 2002 e250 4x4,
In the ramp up to full production, the builds go in this order:

TT - Tooling Trial: to verify that all tooling processes work for the new model
PP - Pilot Production: continued assessment of process capability
MP - Mass Production Build: there's usually MP1 & MP2 and it's continuation of PP
J1 - Job 1: mass production build

Didn't ask him what motor but sounded like a 2.3L when he started it
Was told by engineer friend that the Bronco builds starting Monday are PP2 production proveout 2ND phase closest thing to final mass build

OP

2021BD

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was told by engineer friend that the Bronco builds starting Monday are PP2 production proveout 2ND phase closest thing to final mass build
Oh, that's great news! Yes, it's "production prove out," not "pilot production" - I was trying to remember the acronyms from my PD days .... the TT build I saw today looked like really good build quality!

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
Bronco builds starting Monday are PP2 production proveout 2ND phase closest thing to final mass build
Great news KC...I'm sure there will soon be a lot of new pics. Since there are so many 'old' pics floating around, we need some way to know these starting Monday are 'the real deal'

tlubull

Base
First Name
Tyler
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Boy I can save alot of money if I just decide I gonna do the BD. I'm clinging to that SAS and the washdown. But both together is a bit of a stretch... This BD looks really good.

Mattwings

Big Bend
First Name
Matthew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I forgot to add the MIC roof is looking a lot better than the earlier versions. This one looked almost satin black to my eyes.
Every time I have seen the MIC top in person, I have been gtg. Just one persons opinion, but at least I have actually seen it 🤤

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD EXPLORER, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Clubs

I’m getting the same build as you. What color? I am thinking velocity Blue. Are you doing the upgraded tires as well?

OP

2021BD

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Every time I have seen the MIC top in person, I have been gtg. Just one persons opinion, but at least I have actually seen it 🤤
Yep! I have only seen 3 MICs in person: the 2-door Cyber Orange Badlands in Allen Park a few weeks ago which I thought looked like crap, a very dull flat gray; a 2-Door A51 OBX at LTP in Livonia earlier this week which looked the same to me and was a big mismatch with the gloss black grille; and the one I saw today, which looked a lot different and gave me hope - it was much darker, with kind of a satin looking finish.....

Mattwings

Big Bend
First Name
Matthew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Yep! I have only seen 3 MICs in person: the 2-door Cyber Orange Badlands in Allen Park a few weeks ago which I thought looked like crap, a very dull flat gray; a 2-Door A51 OBX at LTP in Livonia earlier this week which looked the same to me and was a big mismatch with the gloss black grille; and the one I saw today, which looked a lot different and gave me hope - it was much darker, with kind of a satin looking finish.....
I saw the Orange at Allen Park and thought the viewing angle and light made a big difference. At the end of the day, I thought it was pretty dark grey and gtg. I thought it was similar to the BD I saw today, but it was frost covered for the most part, so it could make a difference. My perception is just that!

OP

2021BD

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I saw the Orange at Allen Park and thought the viewing angle and light made a big difference. At the end of the day, I thought it was pretty dark grey and gtg. I thought it was similar to the BD I saw today, but it was frost covered for the most part, so it could make a difference. My perception is just that!
Who would have ever thought that Winter in SE Michigan could be this much fun - we can go Bronco hunting every weekend during the day and read Bronco forums all night. Hahaha!

Advertisement

Advertisement