fratedog

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer,Mini Convertible, Bmw R1200Rs,Triumph
Clubs

I second OP's recent question about fitting larger tires on the optional aluminum wheels on BD.

Advertisement

dgorsett

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon, F250, Mustang, Explorer
Clubs

This is helping firm up my choice of a poor man's BD (BB with locker) in this color combo, looks great!

Archv1

Black Diamond
First Name
Aj
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota tacoma and F250
That exactly what I'm getting. Except mine will be carbonized grey with manual transmission.

LEGEND

First Name
KC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 grand cherokee, 2002 e250 4x4,
Yep! I have only seen 3 MICs in person: the 2-door Cyber Orange Badlands in Allen Park a few weeks ago which I thought looked like crap, a very dull flat gray; a 2-Door A51 OBX at LTP in Livonia earlier this week which looked the same to me and was a big mismatch with the gloss black grille; and the one I saw today, which looked a lot different and gave me hope - it was much darker, with kind of a satin looking finish.....
Yes they have been evolvung, completely different texture from early on, and not so early on and much darker, with consistency from part to part

LEGEND

First Name
KC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 grand cherokee, 2002 e250 4x4,
After seeing it in person, really thinking this is my build as well, including the color. I will ask again as I know there are many very smart gearheads on here who have dissected these vehicles to the extent that they can at this point: Does anybody know definitively if one can slap (safely) 285/70/17 tires on these optional Black Diamond wheels without any further modifications? If so, I think I am good to go with the BD! Thanks!
My opinion, Yes

GPW

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Tundra
I do like those optional wheels just not sure I like them $1K much.
Same here. I'm okay with the "utilitarian" look of steelies, but hate that they are so glossy. The optional wheels give it more refinement, but geez, the price tag. With the B&P price increases, and likely MY22 price increases, there goes my options/accessories budget. We just need reliable B&P numbers to figure out our priorities ... SOON.

ccameron511

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'll add to the pot of people wondering about tire swaps. I've always understood that the speedometer can create issues when swapping tire sizes. Anyone with a degree it Tirology have any idea if the BD will be able to handle an upgrade to 285mm 33's?

69351windsor

Big Bend
First Name
JW
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Clubs

Another beauty for sure!

OP

2021BD

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 JK Willys, '18 Mustang GT, '21 Explorer XLT
So I had to make a collage on Black Diamond Day. A51 with optional rims or CG with Steelies. Decisions, decisions...FML this isn’t as easy as one would think!!

CCC32B11-7C82-4691-BB4A-488EFA320B29.jpeg
Deciding which Bronco to get has been one of those most difficult decisions of my life! (1st World Problems, huh!). I just watched the video of the Ox White Badlands walkaround and saw the Stig's pic of the white Wildtrak. F' it, I'm going Sasquatch!!!

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150
NICE! Still loving the 32s on BD. Can always slap some 33s on down the road if I want to.

Those of us in the BD camp are having a good day! This looks really really damn good! I do like those optional wheels just not sure I like them $1K much.
Funny they're only 700 CAD

First Name
evan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150, mustang, audi s5
This 2-door TT-build was spotted at gas station across the street from MAP. The driver was pumping gas and in a meeting at same time so I didn’t want to bother him too much but he did let me look inside. Unfortunately, I didn’t get a pic of the interior - he had quite a bit of stuff in there. A few observations and my opinions:

I do not like A51 on the Sport, but I think it works very well on the Bronco and has moved up on my list.

The stance looks good with 32” tires (think they are actually 31.7”) I will probably squatch, but if you don’t want big tires you may be happy with these, and the Generals look tough. Also, I liked the optional wheels in person. The sweet spot for the BD would probably be 33” tires… Does anyone more knowledgeable than I know if 33” can be slapped on these wheels without any other modifications?

The grille looks much better in person and feels quality to the touch. I’ve always thought the BD grille looked cheap in photos but it looks really good in person. It’s probably my favorite grille design.

The MGV interior is really soft and supple feeling. It’s also pretty dark, closer to what’s represented on the CGI pics in B&P.

Bronco Black Diamond Area 51 optional wheels 1.jpg
Bronco Black Diamond Area 51 optional wheels 2.jpg
I like everything I'm seeing here except that tiny rear wiper...

Advertisement

Advertisement