2021BD

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 JK Willys, '18 Mustang GT, '21 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This 2-door TT-build was spotted at gas station across the street from MAP. The driver was pumping gas and in a meeting at same time so I didn’t want to bother him too much but he did let me look inside. Unfortunately, I didn’t get a pic of the interior - he had quite a bit of stuff in there. A few observations and my opinions:

I do not like A51 on the Sport, but I think it works very well on the Bronco and has moved up on my list.

The stance looks good with 32” tires (think they are actually 31.7”) I will probably squatch, but if you don’t want big tires you may be happy with these, and the Generals look tough. Also, I liked the optional wheels in person. The sweet spot for the BD would probably be 33” tires… Does anyone more knowledgeable than I know if 33” can be slapped on these wheels without any other modifications?

The grille looks much better in person and feels quality to the touch. I’ve always thought the BD grille looked cheap in photos but it looks really good in person. It’s probably my favorite grille design.

The MGV interior is really soft and supple feeling. It’s also pretty dark, closer to what’s represented on the CGI pics in B&P.

Ford Bronco 2-door Black Diamond Area 51 with optional wheels spotted Bronco Black Diamond Area 51 optional wheels 1
Ford Bronco 2-door Black Diamond Area 51 with optional wheels spotted Bronco Black Diamond Area 51 optional wheels 2
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks for posting!

OP
OP

2021BD

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This 2-door TT-build was spotted at gas station across the street from MAP. The driver was pumping gas and in a meeting at same time so I didn’t want to bother him too much but he did let me look inside. Unfortunately, I didn’t get a pic of the interior - he had quite a bit of stuff in there. A few observations and my opinions:

I do not like A51 on the Sport, but I think it works very well on the Bronco and has moved up on my list.

The stance looks good with 32” tires (think they are actually 31.7”) I will probably squatch, but if you don’t want big tires you may be happy with these, and the Generals look tough. Also, I liked the optional wheels in person. The sweet spot for the BD would probably be 33” tires… Does anyone more knowledgeable than I know if 33” can be slapped on these wheels without any other modifications?

The grille looks much better in person and feels quality to the touch. I’ve always thought the BD grille looked cheap in photos but it looks really good in person. It’s probably my favorite grille design.

The MGV interior is really soft and supple feeling. It’s also pretty dark, closer to what’s represented on the CGI pics in B&P.

View attachment 77021

View attachment 77022
I forgot to add the MIC roof is looking a lot better than the earlier versions. This one looked almost satin black to my eyes.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Those of us in the BD camp are having a good day! This looks really really damn good! I do like those optional wheels just not sure I like them $1K much.

Great find!!

Sponsored

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thanks for the pics

this is definitely BD day
looks really good in 2DR with A51

I think the tires look good, but your probably right that slightly larger would really fill out the look

OP
OP

2021BD

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What is the tt build? 2.7?
In the ramp up to full production, the builds go in this order:

TT - Tooling Trial: to verify that all tooling processes work for the new model
PP - Pilot Production: continued assessment of process capability
MP - Mass Production Build: there's usually MP1 & MP2 and it's continuation of PP
J1 - Job 1: mass production build

Didn't ask him what motor but sounded like a 2.3L when he started it

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

View attachment 77021

View attachment 77022
So the rims for the 33" BL tires have the same +55 offset and the BL still has both crash bars, as of right now, yes they fit fine. BD won't have the BL lift though. We actually think 34" tires could possibly fit with maybe a 1/4" spacer and a new set of crash bars.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The driver was pumping gas and in a meeting at same time so I didn’t want to bother him too much
best approach in that situation is to just look starry-eyed....walk up and ask for an autograph. Gush that you can't believe you've actually met in person. Then ask, "what is this car you're driving??"
Sponsored