Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They can be removed, but there are posts sticking up from the load floor that cannot be removed.
Anything can be removed, given enough time and money.
Exactly. It’s a pretty simple project really. Cut off the studs level with the floor pan, weld bungs in the original locations, clean with a wire wheel and some solvent, and apply touch-up paint to match the floor pan. Then you can re-use the studs that were cut off if/when you want to re-install the seats or simply sell the vehicle.

Ford Bronco 2-Door Bronco Badlands - Cargo Space Pictures & Video E0A37DAF-245D-45AA-B334-B08019DCF368
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

jllanglo

First Name
Jameson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Jllanglo

How does the cargo area of the 2-door Bronco compare to the cargo area of your Crosstrek as to getting a mountain bike with the front wheel off inside it? The Bronco has more rear cargo area than your Outback (23.6 vs 20.8) but your Outback has more cargo area with the rear seats down (55.3 vs 52.3). Whether I can get a bike in the Bronco will determine whether I get the 2-door or the 4-door or neither one.
Hmm getting a mountain bike in might be tough with the 2 door, even with the wheel off. That being said, it’s also pretty challenging to get bikes into my Crosstrek. The cargo height is a lot taller in the Bronco than my Crosstrek thanks to the boxy design, but with the seats all the way down my Crosstrek still provides a lot more space than the 2 door Bronco.

If you’re sold on the 2 door but need to transport a bike, I think it would make the most sense just to get an external bike rack that hangs off the rear of the car, problem solved!

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you move the front seat forward, I think you can get up to 64 inches. Then if you don’t flip up seat bottoms it won’t be blocking the way. You can also easily remove just the seat bottoms for same effect and flater surface. May be able to run seat bottoms unbolted for quick removal depending on how often you need the space.

Hmm getting a mountain bike in might be tough with the 2 door, even with the wheel off. That being said, it’s also pretty challenging to get bikes into my Crosstrek. The cargo height is a lot taller in the Bronco than my Crosstrek thanks to the boxy design, but with the seats all the way down my Crosstrek still provides a lot more space than the 2 door Bronco.

If you’re sold on the 2 door but need to transport a bike, I think it would make the most sense just to get an external bike rack that hangs off the rear of the car, problem solved!

Neo777

Black Diamond
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford GT Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm concerned that you won't be able to use Molle bags on the front seat backs due to the back seats hitting up tight againts the front seats.

Unless there is enough room to move the fronts seats forward enough to allow for the Molle bags?

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Exactly. It’s a pretty simple project really. Cut off the studs level with the floor pan, weld bungs in the original locations, clean with a wire wheel and some solvent, and apply touch-up paint to match the floor pan. Then you can re-use the studs that were cut off if/when you want to re-install the seats or simply sell the vehicle.

Ford Bronco 2-Door Bronco Badlands - Cargo Space Pictures & Video E0A37DAF-245D-45AA-B334-B08019DCF368
Good Idea. I'd just drill the studs out (once cut flat) and close the holes with plastic plugs. Paint everything for corrosion protection of course. Then if the time comes, reinstall the seats with Grade 10.9 bolts.

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you move the front seat forward, I think you can get up to 64 inches. Then if you don’t flip up seat bottoms it won’t be blocking the way. You can also easily remove just the seat bottoms for same effect and flater surface. May be able to run seat bottoms unbolted for quick removal depending on how often you need the space.
jllanglo & Broncola

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like I will have to wait for my dealer to get a 2-door in and make my decision then.

OP
OP

jllanglo

First Name
Jameson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm concerned that you won't be able to use Molle bags on the front seat backs due to the back seats hitting up tight againts the front seats.

Unless there is enough room to move the fronts seats forward enough to allow for the Molle bags?
From what I saw, I think under most circumstances the molle straps would be pretty useless if there is someone riding in the back. Unless there’s someone really short driving and really short in the back haha.

WLDBST

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just managed to check out a non-sasqutched Badlands at a local dealer in Arizona, and wow, to say I was impressed is an understatement.

The 2 door looks way bigger in person than it does in pictures and I think under most circumstances, the cargo room should be totally fine. The rear space leg room is adequate and I was able to sit behind myself with plenty of room. It has noticeably more cargo space and leg room than a 2 door wrangler. The 33’ inch tires seem perfectly portioned for the 2 door, and in my opinion you don’t need Sasquatch on this trim.

Just my thoughts! Apologies for the shoddy photos, I also took a video that demonstrates the rear cargo space but the file size is too big to upload.

Let me know if you guys have any questions.

What dealership?

Sponsored

BearWithMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
can always use more 2 dr pics - thank you
I still go back and forth on SAS
both look great but I gotta admit the non sas bl with the opt rims does look more proportional on the 2dr
Are you debating a Solid Axle Swap (SAS)?

/s

Villagevip

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"68" "72" Broncos, sadly sold, back in the day
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How easy is it, to remove the back seat? Inquiring minds want to know...

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was undoubtedly done to keep the seat backs from getting all ugly and scratched up, it was a good idea.
They should have put the diamond plated (rubber?) on the back of them like the Sport.

As I’m happy the back area is indeed bigger and more spacious as a 2 door Jeep I’m still very underwhelmed. I really wish there was more and that the back seats folded flatter and came out easier. Oh well
Sponsored