stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Quick question, if I have pinch weld covers, is that an issue for the attachment of the door steps ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Metal-tech 4x4

Metal-tech 4x4

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21'+ 22" Broncos, Lexus GX470, Toyota FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Quick question, if I have pinch weld covers, is that an issue for the attachment of the door steps ?
Not at all. The pinchweld covers stay on the pinchweld, the slider mounting legs will go under the pinchweld to the slider bodies directly from the frame. The other option we have used, is to just flat black paint the pinch welds. They dissiper!

VentureBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Sasquatch 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
These work with the full RCI skid plates ? (2door)

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

2D Bronco love. Metal-tech 4x4 is pleased to release our Frame Mounted 100% bolt on, no drilling, Step SLIDERS! They work as a step, a urben door ding guard, but mainly they support a full hit from the trail w/o stressing your body. Real sliders. The trademarked 2 Stage Rub Rail protects your truck, by the kick out pushing the rig away from an obstacle saving your quarter panel. Every trail facing edge on the slider body is ramped, main rail front and back, as well as the rub rail. Check out our release video that better shows all the features.

Ready to order? 2D Frame Mount Step Sliders - Taking orders now! ( 4D frame mount Step SLIDERS in stock and shipping) First 2D Sliders will be shipping after Feb. 17th! Install video coming.

https://metaltech4x4.com/metal-tech-2021-ford-bronco-2-door-sliders/
These look fabulous, and I am interested. The shipping cost to my city in WA was $410...yikes.

So, the other option was to pick them up in your shop, in Oregon, for $0. If I do this option, will you help me install them?

Sponsored

Binky

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depends on the day
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice work Metal-Tech!

These sliders appear to be flat which makes for a great step BUT appears to be at the expense of ground clearance and a semi-weird look.

I recall the Metal-Tech FJCruiser rock rails being angle up toward the body which gave great protection, a little more ground clearance and fit well with the body at the expense of not having a flat step.

I'm sure you probably tried it in development. Maybe it just needs to grow on me...

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You showed me 0 rock hits in your video frame mounted tends to flex, how does it hit, why does it bump out at the back...did you seriously bring up how well it mall crawls? Peace I'm out.

Reactions: Cat

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2D Bronco love. Metal-tech 4x4 is pleased to release our Frame Mounted 100% bolt on, no drilling, Step SLIDERS! They work as a step, a urben door ding guard, but mainly they support a full hit from the trail w/o stressing your body. Real sliders. The trademarked 2 Stage Rub Rail protects your truck, by the kick out pushing the rig away from an obstacle saving your quarter panel. Every trail facing edge on the slider body is ramped, main rail front and back, as well as the rub rail. Check out our release video that better shows all the features.

Ready to order? 2D Frame Mount Step Sliders - Taking orders now! ( 4D frame mount Step SLIDERS in stock and shipping) First 2D Sliders will be shipping after Feb. 17th! Install video coming.

https://metaltech4x4.com/metal-tech-2021-ford-bronco-2-door-sliders/
will these work with under body armor? will there be any interference? either from ARB or ASFIR?

Moabbob

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for coming up with these. Ordered a set last night and can't wait to install them and get out on the trails. I had Metal Tech parts on my FJ and was always happy with them. They go with the multitude of Metal Tech pint glasses I've collected over the years.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Agree wholeheartedly. I actually factor in the cost of removing logos into my buying decision. e.g. ”am I going to have to cut out a plate and re-weld in a replacement?”

But looking at the web site for this - it looks to be just a sticker. So should be an easy removal.

Personally - I think all these companies should stop spending money on engraving logos and just toss a few stickers in the box. Guys who dig that Nascar look can plaster them all over their vehicle. Other guys can just toss them in the trash. (though I do like to stick them to my tool box).

But I get it. The human ego is a powerful thing to overcome.

Sponsored

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Logos are advertising, businesses advertise to survive, to grow, to be successful. Don’t like logos then build your own. There are a select few businesses who’ve advertised here that are willing to provide logo-less products but they’re still in low production and can accommodate special requests. Once they go full tilt boogie it’s mass production WYSIWYG.

OP
OP
Metal-tech 4x4

Metal-tech 4x4

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Nice work Metal-Tech!

These sliders appear to be flat which makes for a great step BUT appears to be at the expense of ground clearance and a semi-weird look.

I recall the Metal-Tech FJCruiser rock rails being angle up toward the body which gave great protection, a little more ground clearance and fit well with the body at the expense of not having a flat step.

I'm sure you probably tried it in development. Maybe it just needs to grow on me...

We went flat at the primary request of most Bronco owners I have talked with. “I need a step” We could angle up, it would help for some ground clearance when your cambered over. However all our testing in Moab and PNW trails we had a hard time even getting the truck to camber that far, to engage the flat slider were it would make a difference. So in maybe 5% of the time on a trail, one might use that extra angle but the other 95% of the time its clearing. When it does engage, of course its uninterrupted so the truck just slides on it.

Key part was to make the slider as universal as we possibly could.

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

However all our testing in Moab and PNW trails we had a hard time even getting the truck to camber that far, to engage the flat slider were it would make a difference.
Videos???

OP
OP
Metal-tech 4x4

Metal-tech 4x4

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

These work with the full RCI skid plates ? (2door)
will these work with under body armor? will there be any interference? either from ARB or ASFIR?
Anytime we have two different aftermarket parts getting near each other, its can happen where they want to occupy the same space. Our experience with sliders and skid plates over the years, is sometimes yes they can touch. However skid plates if comming that far out to the frame just get notched to clear the slider mount. As for the stock skids from Ford, they clear all of them.
Sponsored