Sponsored

2 DOOR Bronco raptor?

should we get both 2 door and 4 door or only a 4 door?

• Total voters

ik_fk

First Edition
First Name
Sultan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LC200 and 21 BRONCO FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If the braptor or bronco raptor didn't have both 2 and 4 door options it will be a missed opportunity because having a 2 door equals less weight and yeah (spacers help with handling) it will be a bit worse in high-speed off-roading because of the shorter wheelbase but it will be more nimble and I can confirm that owning an LC200(not saying it's bad SUV it's my fav just saying the truth) is like having a cow in off-roading by the weight and the wheel base soo have something smaller is more practical in the desert and the bronco always was a 2 door anyways like the new land rover defender it has a v8 on both 2 and 4 doors plus the 2 doors will sell more where I live in U.A.E because most of the people here get the super cab gan 2 raptor and sadly for the gan 3 it's not available anymore.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Santos

Badlands
First Name
Santo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977F100:1970 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would love to see a 2 door but it may not come to fruition due to charts and numbers showing more people buy 4 door everything.😒

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

having a 2 door equals less weight and it's better for high-speed desert off roading
While I think a 2 door BRaptor would be a very cool thing, it's not for the reason you've stated.

If anything, the longer wheelbase of the 4dr is much better for high speed desert offroading than the lower weight of the 2dr.

RRaptor

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would buy the 2 door Braptor in a minute. I have a 4 door truck now. I might have to consider the 2 door Heritage.

Eldo21

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3P, Jeep JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would love to see a 2 door but it may not come to fruition due to charts and numbers showing more people buy 4 door everything.😒
Don’t ya think not being able to get a 2 door has something to do with that?

Last edited:

Sponsored

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
A 2 Door would be 100% worse at "high speed desert off roading". The shorter wheel bases makes whoop sections "kick" more and a less smooth ride. The shorter wheel base is more prone to spinning out in high speed turns. Now one could argue a 2 Door saves weight, but that isn't enough savings to justify it.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A 2 Door would be 100% worse at "high speed desert off roading". The shorter wheel bases makes whoop sections "kick" more and a less smooth ride. The shorter wheel base is more prone to spinning out in high speed turns. Now one could argue a 2 Door saves weight, but that isn't enough savings to justify it.
I am unable to process how something can be 100% worse than something else. What specific failing does the 4-door Raptor have that the theoretical 2-door is exactly twice as bad at?

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It would not surprise me at all if Ford just goes ahead and does away with the 2dr models in a couple of years. You can tell by the way they have just put the 2dr on the back burner

gjproducer

Badlands
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would be 2dr if it wasn’t for a SacriWife.

Sponsored

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless it's an elongated 2-door body on a 4-door chassis, ala the Baja Bronco R...

Ford Bronco 2 DOOR Bronco raptor? Bronco Raptor 2-door

Ricks73eb

First Edition
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 bronco, 77f100, 90 mustang, 05 f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Like everything else it's getting diluted.... people with no intention of offroading buying a offroad truck to take their kids to the mall..
Same reason you can't buy a standard cab pickup with a 8 foot box and a high trim package.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Unless it's an elongated 2-door body on a 4-door chassis, ala the Baja Bronco R...
Right but that isn't what is being discussed. If you put a 2-door body on the same wheel base as a 4 door then it would really be a push on performance. I guess you could make an argument that the rear panel would be lighter than doors but you could remove the doors if you wanted to regain it.

That isn't what is being said though. People keep coming on these forums and trying to argue for a high speed 2 door as a performance gain when it just isn't the case. A 2 door is much better, due again to size, rock crawling, rubicon, etc. The longer wheel base is better at high speeds.

I don't mud so I honestly don't know what makes a good "mudder" but I'd wager it's not the Raptor as it's purpose built for high speed desert.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
While I think a 2 door BRaptor would be a very cool thing, it's not for the reason you've stated.

If anything, the longer wheelbase of the 4dr is much better for high speed desert offroading than the lower weight of the 2dr.
Then why dont they make a Transit Raptor? Weight is a factor when speed is involved. The 2 door has a generous wheelbase and could in theory be stretched a couple inches for better stability without much body changes.

The reality is someone will make one out of a wrecked 4 door and a used 2 door one day.