Sponsored

2 Door Bronco Rear Interior Dimensions With Front Seats All The Way Forward?

nero722

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 f150, 1997 f150, 2017 f150, 2012 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would like to know if anyone can obtain the dimension from the rear of the front seats, when the seats are all the way forward, and the rear hatch. The reason is we only want a 2-door. We plan to flat tow the Bronco behind our RV. We need to put our eBikes inside of the Bronco when it is being towed behind the RV. We obviously won't be driving the Bronco while towing, so the seats can be all the way forward. I don't believe the dimensions on the Ford website considers having the front seats completely forward.
Sponsored

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would like to know if anyone can obtain the dimension from the rear of the front seats, when the seats are all the way forward, and the rear hatch. The reason is we only want a 2-door. We plan to flat tow the Bronco behind our RV. We need to put our eBikes inside of the Bronco when it is being towed behind the RV. We obviously won't be driving the Bronco while towing, so the seats can be all the way forward. I don't believe the dimensions on the Ford website considers having the front seats completely forward.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...black-diamond-2-door-with-measurements.10889/
That should help. Scroll through the pictures. FYI there is a pic from rear of front seat to the back seat as well as one of the cargo area. You will have to figure out seat travel. I have not seen any measurements of that.

OP
OP

nero722

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the pics. Definitely helps but the challenge is still to find someone that can provide the dimension with the seats completely forward. It will be tight, but I believe we can make it fit! The plan is to remove the bike's front wheels and mount like the bike carrier option in the Bronco Sport.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this what you're looking for? I measured this when they were at a local dealer before the off road show.

Ford Bronco 2 Door Bronco Rear Interior Dimensions With Front Seats All The Way Forward? IMG_3442

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks for the pics. Definitely helps but the challenge is still to find someone that can provide the dimension with the seats completely forward. It will be tight, but I believe we can make it fit! The plan is to remove the bike's front wheels and mount like the bike carrier option in the Bronco Sport.
I don’t think it will fit. Sorry. My Escape fits two bikes with the front wheels off and the back wheels touching the headrests with the front seats all the way back. That distance is around 60 inches I recall. Maybe with one bike and the rear wheel up on the center console it will work. I put mine in upside down and bungee the forks to the d rings and have a threaded rod with wing nuts on the axle mounts on the front forks.

Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I want to say it's roughly 4' by 4'. I figured this out a while ago to see whether or not I can sleep in the back, and I think I used those dimensions and the formula for the hypotenuse of a triangle to come up with just over 5'6" of diagonal space, which is how tall I am. So at least for me, sleeping in the back (in a pinch - like pouring rain or blizzard when I don't feel like pitching a tent) will work. I can't find where I got those numbers though.

Edit: Ah, here's where I got the 4' width: Tape Measured Depth of the 2021 Bronco 2-Door Cargo / Trunk Area = 20-21 Inches

And the photo in the post above looks like maybe 4'2" of depth.

Last edited:

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I want to say it's roughly 4' by 4'. I figured this out a while ago to see whether or not I can sleep in the back, and I think I used those dimensions and the formula for the hypotenuse of a triangle to come up with just over 5'6" of diagonal space, which is how tall I am. So at least for me, sleeping in the back (in a pinch - like pouring rain or blizzard when I don't feel like pitching a tent) will work. I can't find where I got those numbers though.
Good point, maybe OP can go corner to corner. I can throw the bike in in Escape and test that out.

Reactions: sjp

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good point, maybe OP can go corner to corner. I can throw the bike in in Escape and test that out.
Yup, and if we go with 4'2", which may be more accurate, and 0.66 of a foot (instead of ballparking the half-a-foot) - it's 5' + 7.92" so the diagonal space may be closer to 5'8".

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Sport shows the rear tires protruding into the front seat area (between the seats).
Might work in a 2 door as long as there's enough roof height to accommodate the upright bike. I wouldn't expect to drive with the bikes over the console, but if you're just towing maybe they'll fit. Worst case is you take front and rear wheels off.
My Mtn bike is about 58" long without front tire. Tight fit in my old Cherokee, No problem for my Saab 900 hatchback..... you could fit a refrigerator back there!
Bronco Sport:

Ford Bronco 2 Door Bronco Rear Interior Dimensions With Front Seats All The Way Forward? 1612630482413

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Anyone have ideas why the 1.5l has 5 inches more space? I can’t imagine the cabin changing because of engine size.

Sponsored
OP
OP

nero722

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is this what you're looking for? I measured this when they were at a local dealer before the off road show.

Ford Bronco 2 Door Bronco Rear Interior Dimensions With Front Seats All The Way Forward? 1612630482413
This does help. I am still looking for depth against the front seats, with the front seats all of the way forward. I may have to remove the rear-seat seat bottom, so it is not tipped up. Thanks everyone for the responses.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think they will fit, my e-bikes (RAD) travel folded in 50 gal plastic storage containers (no lid) to keep them from moving. The both barely fit in the back of a 2006 CRV with the rear seats folded down. On our 2-door BD I plan to carry them on the Hollywood e-bike rack. I have a full waterproof cover and made a light bar that will plug into the tow receptacle. I wish they would fit but don't plan on it as the CRV has way more room then the Bronco 2 door.

OP
OP

nero722

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
With this new detail on the actual dimensions of the 2-door cargo area, I now just have one simple question to determine the fitment of our ebikes, "how far does the passenger seat slide forward from the very rear position, to the very forward position"?

2021-Ford-Bronco-2-Door-Cargo-Area-Dimensions-Schematic-1.jpg

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the rear seat bottom still there in the tumbled position, would it matter how far the front seats slid forward?
Sponsored