Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That would definitely be a deal breaker for me because as you mentioned with the two-door it's all about trying to utilize whatever few places I have to stow stuff. I'm more of a rock crawler than an overlander, so I don't want to make a lot of space just to fill that space up with a bunch of other cargo like drawers and so forth. Wood is a fine material for making a platform, and it lasted on sailing ships for a long time so I don't doubt it's ability to function while wet... it just seems that somebody by now would have figured out how to make something similar out of a material like nylon or some other forever plastic for folks who aren't into the wood thing. Aluminum is fine, but I don't like the grate thing because unless you cover it with something else then stuff just falls between all the cracks...and the Goose Gear setup is pretty tight to the edges so there's not a lot of things getting down beneath it.
I went steel frame and hdpe and raised platform to keep access

56BE6530-5DEE-4B5D-B54F-CE13BC3485D7.jpeg

2A47F572-ACF3-4F30-8962-40E8CB265E79.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went steel frame and hdpe and raised platform to keep access

Ford Bronco 2 Door Bronco rear seat delete, and carpeted platform w/ pics 2A47F572-ACF3-4F30-8962-40E8CB265E79

Ford Bronco 2 Door Bronco rear seat delete, and carpeted platform w/ pics 2A47F572-ACF3-4F30-8962-40E8CB265E79
Well done but I couldn't go that route because I needed the height for my dog's head to clear the ceiling.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was inspired by others that did the rear seat delete on their 2 door Broncos so I thought I would share my photos. The one thing I didn't see in other threads was the dimensions, so I posted a sketch of mine. As some earlier guys mentioned in their projects, this is sort of a cut/sand....test fit....cut a little more, sand a little more...test fit again sort of project. At least it was for me. But, it was fun and quite simple, just a little bit time consuming.

I will say - the rear seats come out easy -- but I didn't want to disassemble the seat belts from the seats! That looked like a pain in the ass, especially if you ever wanted to swap the seats back in again, you'd have to re-assemble them! So I bought two new rear seat belts from Tasca Ford - about $100 or so with shipping. That way, I plug them in, keep them tucked under the foam -- and I didn't have to mess with taking apart the buckles on my seats. If I ever swap them back in the truck, should be simple and quick.

I used 1/2" CD plywood. I normally use Oak or Birch veneer plywood on most of my projects, but since I was spraying the plywood with glue and putting down carpet, I really didn't see much point in buying hardwood veneer plywood. I still spent 20+ minutes sanding the plywood with 100 grit sandpaper on my DA sander...well, cause that's just the way I am, lol. I used a roll of the charcoal gray indoor/outdoor carpet from Home Depot, about $25. So with the 4x8 sheet of plywood, can of 3M 77 spray adhesive, and the roll of carpet, that's about $80 or so. I didn't put the bolts back on after I took the seats out. I used some thick foam around the posts (see photos) - and for the holes in the floor, I put a self-adhesive felt pad on those. Then I covered the area with foam workout mat to give the plywood a relatively smooth, even surface to lay on. So add the foam kneeling pad and exercise mat, and I guess my total cost was maybe $135.

I've done a lot of home improvement and building work so it wasn't difficult at all, just took some time. Definitely a worthwhile project, and fairly simple to boot.

rearplatform.jpg

rearplatform2.jpg

rearplatform3.jpg

rearplatform4.jpg

rearplatform5.jpg

rearplatform6.jpg

rearplatform7.jpg
That looks really good!
I think I’m gonna do the same thing exactly except for raising up about six or 7 inches to clear down- firing, kicker sub to hide it inside, and then make some compartments for tools!
Thanks for the dimensions!!!
Ford Bronco 2 Door Bronco rear seat delete, and carpeted platform w/ pics IMG_1400

Last edited:

ostmen

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco 2 Door Bronco rear seat delete, and carpeted platform w/ pics IMG_7088

$150 in materials from Home Depot
Sponsored