First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Door, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Base
bottom line is....with a small tank 2 door, you CAN'T REALLY fill up at half a tank. Yes, you WILL have to gas up all the time if you do that. Its not rocket science.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My question is how the hell are y'all gettin 20+ mpg? I haven't seen over 18.5 and I never drive over 70 mph.
2.7 2 door... filled up this morning.... hand figured filled plum to the top.... can get 1 gal. more after it clicks off...22.2... half city half highway every day...

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
bottom line is....with a small tank 2 door, you CAN'T REALLY fill up at half a tank. Yes, you WILL have to gas up all the time if you do that. Its not rocket science.
fill up every 2 weeks in my 2.7 2 door... drive 20 miles a day... 6 days a week...usually put in 9 gals.... shows 1/2 tank...

Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm coming from a car with a 14 gallon tank that gets 20 combined. You get used to filling every 250 miles.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow.

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, 2.7 auto still gets 350 per tank. It’s the perfect size

TripleSe7en

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 Door, 1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My focus ST had only like a 12.5 gal tank or something like that, so I'm used to filling up once a week. Not enough to be a capital P Problem.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's all about how good the mileage is. If the Bronco got 40 mpg, it would be fine to have a 16 gallon tank; however, if you are getting 15 mpg, not so much.

When I average 22-23 on the highway with the right tires and exhaust, it has enough range to be good enough. At 17-18 mpg, I find it a bit short legged.

Sponsored

_Nelson_

Base
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone else find the small gas tank on the 2 door annoying? For those of you that take it on trips you have to gas it up so often, do you take extra gas cans? This is my main annoying thing about the Bronco for me.

I take my Bronco to work once in a while and I have a 70 mile round trip commute. Every other day I have to gas up as it's down to around 1/2 tank. I usually gas up at 1/2 tank in all of my vehicles as I keep them in storage when they are not being driven. (I don't drive the Bronco a lot as my work commuter mainly due to this and the MPG). It just a habit maybe from hurricanes down here and I don't ever want to be left scrambling for gas last minute. Anyway, I find I am gassing the Bronco up pretty much every other day. I had a 2019 Silverado LD before the Bronco and I could go 4 days. Better MPG and much bigger tank. And my daily driver 2019 VW Jetta I can easily go over a week. I have a whopping 700+ mile range when I fill it up.

Next summer we are going to take the Bronco in the Georgia and Tennessee mountains for a couple of weeks. It's going to be a lot of stops for gas but doable I suppose.
Mine has 11000 miles which are mostly trip miles (my daily driver has work tool boxes on it lol)
I doesn't really bother me if you think obout it all in all its only 1 or less fill up more than a conventional truck would take on a 500 mile trip. Mine (6 cylinder) gets about 18 mpg ( I think, speedometer is 7 miles off so)

Only thing I find annoying about Mine is android auto 😂

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
not a problem...as long as it will make rubicon....I am glad to stop and stretch...mustang has a 16 gallon tank, model A has a 10 gallon tank, harley 3 to 6 gallon tanks...stop and smell the roses, ok gas fumes...

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't bother me at all, I'd be OK with it being even smaller. Still a lot more range than motorcycles which I've done long trips on.

A lower trim 2.3 2dr getting 20-22 is going to have more range than a higher trim V6 4dr getting 14-16 anyway, so your configuration plays a role.
Sellout
The tank is a deal breaker
Game changer

take my money kind of thing

just trying to make a cliche gumbo to fit in….
If the tank was double in size someone would bitch it takes $250 to I’ll it up

this place is funny

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
First road trip in the Bronco today. 65, 70, 75 mph speed limits. Used cruise control.
After 4 hours and about 290 miles it was time for a break. The gas tank held out longer than my bladder :) but it was close.
The dash said 21.1 mpg, it calculated out to 19.47.
Sponsored