Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Today I installed the trunk enclosure with the molle system on my 2 door bronco. I ordered it through the ford accessories website and had it delivered to the dealership.

Install: The directions that come with the ford accessories are very hard to understand, its all pictures and no actual wording of instruction.(I also have the trunk table that I have not installed yet) Even with them being hard to understand, it was a pretty straight forward install. Took me about 2 hours and that was me going slow making sure I was super careful with everything.

Fitment: Everything seems to fit pretty well. The only thing I noticed and I am not sure if its how its supposed to be, but on the top right side of the enclosure it has the rubber protection liner extending out really far and you basically have to shut the trunk on that rubber part of the enclosure. Trunk shuts fine with everything installed but it was just a little worrisome when I noticed that rubber strip.

Quality: The material on the sides of the enclosure seems sturdy, the molle system can definitely support a good variety of items. The top part of the enclosure does seem a little flimsy and it does note the top can only support 50 pounds max I believe(cant remember off the top of my head)

Look: Looks amazing in the back. The main reason I got it is because I plan on having the doors and roof off a lot, so having a storage place that I can lock things up in the back is a must.

Shipping: Box had a giant hole in it when I picked it up from the dealership. One of the panels did have scratches on it, but I wasn't too concerned about it since I know its gonna get scratched up overtime anyways.

Bonus: It does come with a bunch of bronco labeled velcro straps to use with the molle system. Came with at least 15 straps.

Ford Bronco 2 Door Bronco Trunk Enclosure Installed, Looks Good bronco trunk enclosure 2
Ford Bronco 2 Door Bronco Trunk Enclosure Installed, Looks Good bronco trunk enclosure 1

Ford Bronco 2 Door Bronco Trunk Enclosure Installed, Looks Good image_50438657-

Pics with the view from the front as requested.(Not great quality, sorry 🤷‍♂️)
Ford Bronco 2 Door Bronco Trunk Enclosure Installed, Looks Good bronco trunk front view 2
Ford Bronco 2 Door Bronco Trunk Enclosure Installed, Looks Good bronco trunk front view 1
Sponsored

Last edited:

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks good. Thanks for the writeup.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice, looks like it will provide good security. Speaking of which, how is the lock system, beefy as well? Perhaps you could provide a photo of it...

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just ordered the 4 door version with tilt top!

Sponsored
OP
OP
SaveTheManuals

SaveTheManuals

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice, looks like it will provide good security. Speaking of which, how is the lock system, beefy as well? Perhaps you could provide a photo of it...
You mean the hooks on it? There isnt an actual lock system on the enclosure. Its bolted to the floor and the top is screwed in from the inside. I guess the only downside is if you had the roof off and doors still on, I think someone can just hit the unlock button on the door and get inside the trunk. Not sure if there is a way to manually lock the trunk or prevent the doors from unlocking it.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can the top of it be removed without removing the molle sides to have additional cargo space if needed?

OP
OP
SaveTheManuals

SaveTheManuals

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can the top of it be removed without removing the molle sides to have additional cargo space if needed?
Yes just the top would be easy, the back side would be a bit more of a process. For the top, you would need 9/16 wrench for one bolt and then there are 4 screws that are hand tightened with plastic. You can kind of see the ones on top in the pics, but its the same thing as the 4 on the bottom sides.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If the doors are off, is that back area secure or can it be accessed by folding the seats down? And how do you like it so far? I know it is relatively new but I am curious as to whether it met your expectations as I am seriously considering getting it for the four door.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the doors are off, is that back area secure or can it be accessed by folding the seats down? And how do you like it so far? I know it is relatively new but I am curious as to whether it met your expectations as I am seriously considering getting it for the four door.
There's a rear partition piece that completely encloses the cargo area.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SaveTheManuals

SaveTheManuals

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

looks cool. if you need to remove or open it up, how are is it? what about having to fold down the seats and have something long, is it easy to collapse down?
It doesnt affect folding the seats at all. It wouldnt be bad to remove it, but you would definitely want to do it before you were picking up something long since it would take a little bit.

OP
OP
SaveTheManuals

SaveTheManuals

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah the molle system in the back is closing it off completely. It is really nice, but I will have to see long term if I like having it or not. It is definitely what I wanted, I used to have a similar thing in my 2002 jeep wrangler and loved having it in that. Just glad this has way more space than a TJ Wrangler.

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What does that make the cargo dimensions? Will a Yeti 35 fit?
Ford Bronco 2 Door Bronco Trunk Enclosure Installed, Looks Good 715fQMXQqpL._AC_SX569_

OP
OP
SaveTheManuals

SaveTheManuals

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What does that make the cargo dimensions? Will a Yeti 35 fit?
Ford Bronco 2 Door Bronco Trunk Enclosure Installed, Looks Good 715fQMXQqpL._AC_SX569_
Rough measurements are 40 in wide, 19 in tall, 19 in depth at lowest part, 15 in depth at top of it. I would say it might fit but would be close just because the top part slants in a bit