Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does top open? If so can u open it with rear door closed? Can u take pic with rear door closed from back seats please
The top of the enclosure does not open without unscrewing it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SaveTheManuals

SaveTheManuals

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

looks kinda flimsy
Top portion is somewhat flimsy because of the design, but the rest is super solid since you unscrew the floor hooks and bolt the sides down into the floor. With that being said no one would be able to just rip open the top.

OP
OP
SaveTheManuals

SaveTheManuals

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not sure if I've seen these somewhere already and if anyone has confirmed how the Bronco lock system works, but on other cars I've had, if you lock with the fob and leave the windows down, the door unlock power button does not unlock all the doors, so that the trunk/hatch would stay locked.
YES! you are correct! I tried that the other day and it unlocked but I think I had the key fob too close to the car. I tried it just now and put the key fob 10 feet away and the center console screen says door unlock is inhibited for security. So now I feel better about the safety.

Funksurfsoul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Today I installed the trunk enclosure with the molle system on my 2 door bronco. I ordered it through the ford accessories website and had it delivered to the dealership.

Install: The directions that come with the ford accessories are very hard to understand, its all pictures and no actual wording of instruction.(I also have the trunk table that I have not installed yet) Even with them being hard to understand, it was a pretty straight forward install. Took me about 2 hours and that was me going slow making sure I was super careful with everything.

Fitment: Everything seems to fit pretty well. The only thing I noticed and I am not sure if its how its supposed to be, but on the top right side of the enclosure it has the rubber protection liner extending out really far and you basically have to shut the trunk on that rubber part of the enclosure. Trunk shuts fine with everything installed but it was just a little worrisome when I noticed that rubber strip.

Quality: The material on the sides of the enclosure seems sturdy, the molle system can definitely support a good variety of items. The top part of the enclosure does seem a little flimsy and it does note the top can only support 50 pounds max I believe(cant remember off the top of my head)

Look: Looks amazing in the back. The main reason I got it is because I plan on having the doors and roof off a lot, so having a storage place that I can lock things up in the back is a must.

Shipping: Box had a giant hole in it when I picked it up from the dealership. One of the panels did have scratches on it, but I wasn't too concerned about it since I know its gonna get scratched up overtime anyways.

Bonus: It does come with a bunch of bronco labeled velcro straps to use with the molle system. Came with at least 15 straps.

bronco trunk enclosure 2.jpg
bronco trunk enclosure 1.jpg

image_50438657-jpg.jpg
Can you post photos of the interior with the back seats down? What’s the storage look like? Feel like I need this too, but limits what you can load. Would be nice if a yeti 65/75 would still fit in the locked area though

OP
OP
SaveTheManuals

SaveTheManuals

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can you post photos of the interior with the back seats down? What’s the storage look like? Feel like I need this too, but limits what you can load. Would be nice if a yeti 65/75 would still fit in the locked area though
Not the best pics, but all I can get right now. Seats fold down easy and theres a lot of space to store things with them down. Having the enclosure may limit some bigger things from being loaded but since the back window raises up you can still throw things over the enclosure and into the back seat area.
Ford Bronco 2 Door Bronco Trunk Enclosure Installed, Looks Good bronco trunk front view 2
Ford Bronco 2 Door Bronco Trunk Enclosure Installed, Looks Good bronco trunk front view 1

Sponsored

JackBoston

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
YES! you are correct! I tried that the other day and it unlocked but I think I had the key fob too close to the car. I tried it just now and put the key fob 10 feet away and the center console screen says door unlock is inhibited for security. So now I feel better about the safety.
I was at dealership yesterday finalizing paperwork and we tried to see if lock button "inhibited for security" but didn't work. I had salesman lock with fob and walk away 20 yards.

Is there some step we missed?

I ordered the same product, have it at home (my box has rip too), I'm taking Bronco delivery tomorrow. Thank you for you're help.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know:
Adds extra weight to an overweight vehicle.
Reduces storage area flexibility
Costs a lot of money
Increases chance of metal vibration/contact noise
Provides minimal security
Installation problems
Hard to clean around

Funksurfsoul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know:
Costs a lot of money
Installation problems
Hard to clean around
maybe minimal security if you park your car in a garage. If you live in a big city with all the street rats breaking into vehicles, or out in the bush - I’d say this provides a significant amount of security. But if someone wants in to get your stuff, they’ll make a far bigger mess of your vehicle instead of just the one window.

JackBoston

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Took delivery of Bronco yesterday and I can confirm the "inhibited for security" feature does work after a short time interval (estimate 2min) and disables the door unlock button on the doors. This is true when you lock with fob. Also true even if fob is in vehicle. So, if you want to leave your roof down and have this accessory there most certainly a higher level of security when storing items "in the trunk". Sure, if someone is he'll bent on stealing, it's hard to stop them if you're inside Walmart. It's all about deterance.

OP
OP
SaveTheManuals

SaveTheManuals

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't know:
Costs a lot of money
Installation problems
Hard to clean around
There’s no contact noise, the way it’s bolted down the metal sides aren’t touching the bronco side panels. The top part has a rubber seal so there’s no contact with the trunk. And if you’re worried about weight, then you’re gonna have a tough time with any accessory or mod you put on your bronco. There was no installation problems, just hard to understand directions. And as far as security, as we’ve already discussed the trunk can be locked separate from the doors so it does add an extra deterrent to your trunk.

Sponsored

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There’s no contact noise, the way it’s bolted down the metal sides aren’t touching the bronco side panels. The top part has a rubber seal so there’s no contact with the trunk. And if you’re worried about weight, then you’re gonna have a tough time with any accessory or mod you put on your bronco. There was no installation problems, just hard to understand directions. And as far as security, as we’ve already discussed the trunk can be locked separate from the doors so it does add an extra deterrent to your trunk.
I wasn't questioning box to Bronco noise. Just thinking of the stuff inside clanking or vibrating against the enclosure. Because of the metal.
If it works for some folks, great.
I have never been a fan of a box in a box concept. But it does look kinda cool, I will give you that.

stuston

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, 7.3L Excursion, Multiple TDI's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Today I installed the trunk enclosure with the molle system on my 2 door bronco. I ordered it through the ford accessories website and had it delivered to the dealership.

Install: The directions that come with the ford accessories are very hard to understand, its all pictures and no actual wording of instruction.(I also have the trunk table that I have not installed yet) Even with them being hard to understand, it was a pretty straight forward install. Took me about 2 hours and that was me going slow making sure I was super careful with everything.

Fitment: Everything seems to fit pretty well. The only thing I noticed and I am not sure if its how its supposed to be, but on the top right side of the enclosure it has the rubber protection liner extending out really far and you basically have to shut the trunk on that rubber part of the enclosure. Trunk shuts fine with everything installed but it was just a little worrisome when I noticed that rubber strip.

Quality: The material on the sides of the enclosure seems sturdy, the molle system can definitely support a good variety of items. The top part of the enclosure does seem a little flimsy and it does note the top can only support 50 pounds max I believe(cant remember off the top of my head)

Look: Looks amazing in the back. The main reason I got it is because I plan on having the doors and roof off a lot, so having a storage place that I can lock things up in the back is a must.

Shipping: Box had a giant hole in it when I picked it up from the dealership. One of the panels did have scratches on it, but I wasn't too concerned about it since I know its gonna get scratched up overtime anyways.

Bonus: It does come with a bunch of bronco labeled velcro straps to use with the molle system. Came with at least 15 straps.

Ford Bronco 2 Door Bronco Trunk Enclosure Installed, Looks Good bronco trunk front view 1

Pics with the view from the front as requested.(Not great quality, sorry 🤷‍♂️)
My dealer had a lot of trouble installing it in my 4dr, the one with the hanged lid. Looks like this one is built identical aside from the lid and the dimensions.
I did not get a copy of the instructions, could you post a copy for us all? I may want to remove mine at some point.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not the best pics, but all I can get right now. Seats fold down easy and theres a lot of space to store things with them down. Having the enclosure may limit some bigger things from being loaded but since the back window raises up you can still throw things over the enclosure and into the back seat area.
So the doors cannot be stored in the back with the top installed? Do they fit without the top installed?

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My understanding is that on the 2D, you cannot store the doors inside the vehicle like the 4D. You can only store the top panels.

Edit: you could probably lay them in the back with the seats folded down, but still can't secure them like the 4D

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My understanding is that on the 2D, you cannot store the doors inside the vehicle like the 4D. You can only store the top panels.

Edit: you could probably lay them in the back with the seats folded down, but still can't secure them like the 4D
Hmmm, don’t know how I missed that before. Thanks for the info.
Sponsored