First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These guys don't have much knowledge of these particular products and also demonstrate a lack of automotive knowledge in general. I could only watch about 5 minutes before their mistakes made me turn it off.
Sponsored

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Defender looks better in person, bronco looks better in print. Defender drives better and def has a more premium build quality to it. The bronco is more of a tool. A serious piece of off-roading equipment. They really shouldn’t even be compared.

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody have cliff's notes? not watching for 1/2 hour...
Maybe just skip through it or go right to the end for the summary? YouTube videos DO have the option to move forward. Could've done that in the time it took you to post your message.

Last edited:

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anybody have cliff's notes? not watching for 1/2 hour...
Im not watchin either but i bet defender failed to show,broke down ,or had massive electrical issues.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

These guys don't have much knowledge of these particular products and also demonstrate a lack of automotive knowledge in general. I could only watch about 5 minutes before their mistakes made me turn it off.
Ironically, this is what I prefer...regular people talking about cars.

It's like listening to regular people give movie reviews vs. critics. The perspective of the critic is skewed from an angle I won't appreciate. I want the regulars guys "it's a fun, cool car" opinion or "it's a chunky POS).

Sponsored

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ironically, this is what I prefer...regular people talking about cars.

It's like listening to regular people give movie reviews vs. critics. The perspective of the critic is skewed from an angle I won't appreciate. I want the regulars guys "it's a fun, cool car" opinion or "it's a chunky POS).
I don't mind regular people talking about cars but when they try to act like experts, it's time to turn it off.
They lost me when they said the stabilizer bar connected the front and rear.
Those guys definitely did not stay at Holiday Inn Express.

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't mind regular people talking about cars but when they try to act like experts, it's time to turn it off.
They lost me when they said the stabilizer bar connected the front and rear.
Those guys definitely did not stay at Holiday Inn Express.
Both of these guys are long time automotive journalists with extensive knowledge about cars. However, most traditional automotive journalists lack experience off-road and struggle to review cars that have these features.

They also usually have the car short term and do not want to damage the vehicles before they are returned to the PR departments of each manufacturer. Best reviews to watch will be owners putting their vehicles in harms way or dedicated off road journalists like the TFL guys.

mvilimek

First Edition
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, 5GBronco, Fusion, Mach1, F-53, MachE, PA28
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'll never buy another Land Rover or Range Rover ever again.

Owned a few, very capable and very pretty. My P38a Range Rover with her solid axles handled most Sierra trails and desert tracks with ease. The motor has broke 3 times in 120k miles of ownership. There has been countless times it disabled itself in the worst possible places. Most of the time from a silly sensor issue, or the anti-theft system. Same goes with the newer Rovers, problem after problem...and no longer really a real off-road vehicle like the P38a or older Rovers. Now days, they are more like an oversized Subaru...not knocking the Subaru, but I wouldn't take that car in many places I take the Jeep or Bronco.

While my 1994 Bronco has over 280k miles of abuse, still on the original motor. She keeps on going and going. Will pickup out 6th gen Bronco tomorrow.
Sponsored