Sponsored

2 door hot seat hack. Prevent 3rd degree butt burns with the top off by folding seats forward

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
So i finally got some "real" hot weather with the vinyl seats and actually burned my finger getting in , i would say a 0.5 degree burn that hurt for a few minutes but didnt blister. I could see this not being good for somebody like a woman in a swimsuit (or a dude with one of those short short swimsuits) getting in quickly.

There is a trick i discovered , maybe its widespread knowledge and i didnt know it. However you can save your butts in the heat.

Im not sure if this is a feature on the 4 door (likely isnt) however when you park your car in the sun , flip any seats you are using forward. This will put the seats in the shade and lower the temperature of the bottom of the seats AND seat backs massively.

Every time i park in the sun the seat goes forward
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Umm...Mesh Bimini top.....problem solved. Its been SO amazing for me.

Ruggles

Big Bend
First Name
Lindsay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 XJ Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Honestly a pretty good idea! I sat in a demo Bronco with vinyl seats on a 90 degree day and knew immediately I was going to be happy with my choice of cloth seats. Too many years of hot leather in non-convertible cars helped me make that choice too

OP
OP

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Honestly a pretty good idea! I sat in a demo Bronco with vinyl seats on a 90 degree day and knew immediately I was going to be happy with my choice of cloth seats. Too many years of hot leather in non-convertible cars helped me make that choice too
its genius if i do say so myself.

however there is the chance the sun might be at juuuuuust the right angle to heat up a corner and still get you.

The vinyl is great material , much better than leather in my opinion. However i believe it heats up MUCH faster than other materials. But i think it might cool faster too

OP
OP

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
burnt myself again today not listening to my own rule lol

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I found the tried and true beaded covers work great, albeit not at all fashionable.
Sponsored