First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Scout II
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone noticed that the MIC top color isn’t consistent? Sometimes it looks much darker. All of these pics are outside. Some almost look black and others are as light as the MIC top used to be.
You got to understand that the lighting on these tops can change due to the angle the pics are taken at.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone noticed that the MIC top color isn’t consistent? Sometimes it looks much darker. All of these pics are outside. Some almost look black and others are as light as the MIC top used to be.
Look at the rear corner seam. The CO FE is the only new MIC top. The IS Base and CG FE are old MIC tops.

Sponsored

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same. I would 100% buy a base base IF Ford would offer an optional rear locker.
The worst part is the welded pumpkin. So getting a locker is no small aftermarket add. As long as they keep offering Base Mansquatch in '22, that's an insane value. Less than a BB with the optional locker.

Sponsored

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's the first one I've seen with the base wheels. How did they look in person? I have thought about moving up from the base I have a reservation for just because the wheels look ugly in the pictures. These don't look too bad.
The base steelies look great in person. They’re bright silver. Very striking and eye-catching.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The worst part is the welded pumpkin. So getting a locker is no small aftermarket add. As long as they keep offering Base Mansquatch in '22, that's an insane value. Less than a BB with the optional locker.
$300 auto locker and let it eat.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Disclaimer, I'm fairly inexperienced with axle swaps. But, as I understand it, the welded casing means that you may need a whole new axle to add a locker. Please do correct me if I'm wrong.
Auto lockers take the place of the spider gears and you keep the stock carrier (that the ring gear is welded to). The downside is they only turn off when off the throttle.
Sponsored