First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Buick Lucerne
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Will the 2 door be able to store the doors in the back?
Sponsored

KVK

Black Diamond
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09’ F150, 89’ Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah I’d like to know if the back seats fold down in the 2 door.

Sponsored

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

2 door doors are longer than 4 door doors

They won't fit inside
Six posts in and already two conflicting answers.

Can we start requiring proof when people answer questions so there's less misinformation? Wikipedia-style-cite-your-sources? Haha

That said, I humbly admit I don't know which answer is true and am also very curious if you can/cannot fit the doors inside with the seats down. I AM aware the doors are longer, but if you put them in toaster-style with them going upwards, I don't see why they wouldn't fit?

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Six posts in and already two conflicting answers.

Can we start requiring proof when people answer questions so there's less misinformation? Wikipedia-style-cite-your-sources? Haha

That said, I humbly admit I don't know which answer is true and am also very curious if you can/cannot fit the doors inside with the seats down. I AM aware the doors are longer, but if you put them in toaster-style with them going upwards, I don't see why they wouldn't fit?
Ford said they were not designed to fit like the 4-door was. People are speculating that you will be able to stow them away with the seats down. No confirmation on that, though.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford said they were not designed to fit like the 4-door was. People are speculating that you will be able to stow them away with the seats down. No confirmation on that, though.
I have the same speculation.

Also, do we get door bags with the 2-door? Or is that only a 4-door additive?

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the same speculation.

Also, do we get door bags with the 2-door? Or is that only a 4-door additive?
Would be shocked if the don't offer bags for the 2-door. Of course, bags for either will be additional $$$.

Sponsored

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I imagine that since the 2 door model’s rear seat is a two-person bench instead of three, and the doors are wider on the 2 door, then there isn’t enough room behind the 2 door’s rear seat to stow the doors in the rear cargo area.

Now, if you lay the seats down, there may be enough room to stow them perpendicular to the bumpers. But you’ll have that approximate 4” step up to deal with, which I think would give you issues. I bet you could make it work, but it won’t be a great fit like the 4 door rear cargo area is (with the rear seat upright!) for its doors.

Sammy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford already said they won’t fit the same way as the four-door. The quarter panel looks shorter than the door, so it’s unlikely they can be stored lengthwise unless you slide the seat all the way forward. If you try to stand them on their ends, you’ll likely hit the crossbar. I wouldn’t count on them fitting.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, it is a little squirrelly with all the different models and trims and the information from Ford has been spotty

The 4 door doors go in bags left to right (like a fwd engine) in a vertical position. The longer 2 door doors are too long for the width of the bronco.

Some are probably speculating that you could toss the 2 door doors on their sides into the back once you folded the rear seat but because of the glass in the door they have to be vertical or you'll be risking broken glass or bent window regulators. That being said you damn well can bet someone will buy a 2 door, improperly store the doors inside the vehicle then complain about the wreckage, then we can all laugh.

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The interior width of the cargo area is narrower than the length of each door in the two door. Maybe instead of having the doors go driver/passenger-wise, to have them go fore/aft in the cargo area. But with the back seats folded, you have that stupid 4" lip, so there goes that flat surface issue that others are bitching about. Just leave them home like you would with a Jeep. Not gonna kill ya.
Sponsored