Sponsored

2-Door People: Would You Accept the Bestop SunRider in Lieu of MIC Top If Offered?

2-Door People: Would You Accept the Bestop SunRider in Lieu of MIC Top If Offered?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Question for all you 2-door people who, like me, are not too happy knowing that your rig seems to be going to the end of the production line because, unlike the 4-door folks, we don't have a soft top option. The Bestop SunRider has been an option in B&P for a while. Is it late availability? Is it even a thing? I don't know, but if it's available, I would gladly take it over waiting another year for my Bronco. What do you all think?

Ford Bronco 2-Door People: Would You Accept the Bestop SunRider in Lieu of MIC Top If Offered? 1628446658497
Sponsored

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The soft top on the 4 doors is APOS. Why would I believe the 2 door top will be any better? Ford... make it right or donā€™t make it. šŸ˜”

Sponsored

ZipZit

Badlands
First Name
Zip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 2008 Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@RogueAce70

What's a "WT" ? Possible to get you to communicate better with others, particularly newcomers to the site? Its certainly okay to use abbreviations, as long as you spell them out When First Used (WFU) style. Many thanks,

OP
OP
sjp

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP
sjp

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The soft top on the 4 doors is APOS. Why would I believe the 2 door top will be any better? Ford... make it right or donā€™t make it. šŸ˜”
It's Bestop, not Ford. Probably much better than Ford's 4-door soft top.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who makes the 4 door soft top? I've seen both the Bestop 2 door softtop next to the 4 door top and they look nothing alike as far as quality and looks. Saw them both at Super Celebration.

Reactions: sjp

Sponsored

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I like the idea of a Bestop soft top. It is a known product.

My concern with the MIC top is a lack of information concerning the design/quality. Based on current knowledge many are assuming the problems are primarily related to the lack of quantity and some quality issues. I am more concern the design and the quality of the manufacturing process may be problematic and not quickly solved. I fear this issue could stretch into calendar year 2022. I need more information.

OP
OP
sjp

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP
sjp

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Who makes the 4 door soft top? I've seen both the Bestop 2 door softtop next to the 4 door top and they look nothing alike as far as quality and looks. Saw them both at Super Celebration.
There's no info on the B&P about the 4-door top manufacturer, but it's clear who makes the 2-door option.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@RogueAce70

What's a "WT" ? Possible to get you to communicate better with others, particularly newcomers to the site? Its certainly okay to use abbreviations, as long as you spell them out When First Used (WFU) style. Many thanks,
Base-base
BB-big bend
BD-black duanond
Obx- outer babks
BL- badlands
WT-wildtrak
FE- first edition
Sas- Sasquatch

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 4-door hard top on orderā€”wife vetoed both the 2-door and the soft top.

BUT... if there was no wifeā€¦ my dream build would of been a 2-door Badlands soft top with the hard top hook-ups preinstalled.

Given all of the part shortages, I would be surprised if Ford isnā€™t seriously looking at offering soft tops on the 2-door. If they can get a supplier lined up in time for the 2022 model year, I fully expect them to start offering soft tops from the factory for 2-door models just to help relieve the stress on the hard top demand.
Sponsored