Sponsored

2 Door Race red Wildtrak build. Custom FAB and CNC machining!

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

What I am wondering is this. How much power are you really losing from the force vectoring, and how much force is really applied to the side of the case? Is t really enough to really matter? Is it enough force to shoot through the side of the case and kill a bus full of nuns...? It is interesting discussion though. My seat of the pants dyno though says all is good, and I am having a ton of fun with these so far, which is really all I care about at this point.
The Axial loading is VERY significant.... No you are not going to launch gears..... The housing PROBABLY is strong enough to resist the loading... and with the gear reduction you will probably not see a real decrease in forward power (relative to what you had) Although significantly less than you would gain with a straight cut. The problem I see is the bearings within the portal being able to withstand the axial forces for the long life durability. I really question the bearings. If not designed (chosen correctly) they are going to burn up over time even with proper lubrication. Not doing the math and making top of head guesses here but roughly every 1000 lbs per sq inch of thrust you are putting into the gear maybe a quarter to a third of that is converted to Axial loading... a force that pushes the gears apart and into the housing.... Again that force is totally based on the angle of the gear teeth.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Talon2006

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150l, 91 Eagle Talo n
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco 2 Door Race red Wildtrak build.  Custom FAB and CNC machining! image

In the shop today after a long hiatus!

The wife and I are headed to Wolf Caves this weekend in Mason, Texas. Wanted ro
Get the bronco up on the lift and do a few things.
1. Nut and bolt check everything.
2. Install my home made aluminum rocksliders.
3. Install a Milwaukee pack out tailgate mount.
4.take cool photos to post up!

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Got to admit, I love to see a bronco (especially a 2 door) on portals. It has to be like hitting the easy button.
Oh... and for home made sliders... Damn those look professional.... very nice

Sponsored
OP
OP

Talon2006

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150l, 91 Eagle Talo n
Your Bronco Model
Base
Luv the "toy hauler" RV trailer.
Before we got this setup I rented a big diesel super C. I hated driving it and it towed horribly. In the little Texas hills it would not maintain speed. It was a 250k class C setup.

My current setup will tow at 75 all the way to Moab with one hand on the wheel and can fit two rigs. The workload of driving is super low and I don’t feel exhausted after a full day of driving.

OP
OP

Talon2006

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150l, 91 Eagle Talo n
Your Bronco Model
Base
I need to figure out how to make this thing climb ledges better. I’m thinking the first step is some stickier tires. Something super sticky…. What do you all recommend?

Some photos from Katemcy rocks this weekend. Had a ton of fun wheeling, more pictures and video to come.

9F7A68D9-A235-4DC8-820D-CFF3063DF813.jpeg

B60080A8-BF58-4AF5-928B-7C1D7AB0B799.jpeg

D53F5CFE-2F7E-4543-8619-607B093677A1.jpeg

3C6C79AD-92FA-4D72-AD4A-9C1086B427C3.jpeg

9244877C-A420-4D5C-BDFE-014DD2A092E3.jpeg
Sponsored