Threads
Reaction score
Website
cencalbroncos.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there a trick to get the front seats to slide forward to access the rear seats in a 2 door Bronco? My drivers side seat has never slid forward and the passenger seat has stopped sliding forward. I have to use the front position adjustment handle to move the seats forward.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Sponsored

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have noticed you have to really make sure the seat goes all the way forward or it won't slide. Like slightly compress the seat cushion.

If there is anything limiting the seat from leaning forward it hangs up.

Also, just want to confirm you have the handles on the tops of the seats? I believe the 4 door ones don't have the handle and people have received a wrong seat or two.

OP
OP
ldcobb2

ldcobb2

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cencalbroncos.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have noticed you have to really make sure the seat goes all the way forward or it won't slide. Like slightly compress the seat cushion.

If there is anything limiting the seat from leaning forward it hangs up.

Also, just want to confirm you have the handles on the tops of the seats? I believe the 4 door ones don't have the handle and people have received a wrong seat or two.
I have the handles on the seats. The passenger seat has worked but stopped working this weekend.. I was giving it a lot of elbow grease too.. I wonder if the release is stuck or it broke somehow.

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had my car for nearly a month (2 door), and have assumed that the seats did not slide automatically with a pull of the handle, and have been manually sliding forward the seat.

I'll try again shortly and report back.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
You have to pull the plastic feeling-like-they’re-ready-to-break-at-any-moment latch handles at the top outside corners of the seats fully forward while simultaneously gently jostling the seat forward with gentle pressure and gentle taps while trying to get the seat back to fold as far forward as possible while pulling the handle as far forward and as hard as you feel safe doing. If you’re doing this on any sort of incline with the front of the Bronco higher than the back it makes this process even harder. Keep trying, drivers side seat left hand pulling on latch while right hand firmly pushes/taps on back of seat. Opposite for the passenger side. 🤞

Joer

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bunch of BMWs, M5, 135i, x5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The access to the rear seats in the 2 door is horrible, you have to make sure the backrest is folded far enough forward and then the seat will slide. I wish it slid further forward (there is room for it to go)

The other problem is if you are on even the slightest incline the seat will try to slide back so trying to place something in the back with both hands is difficult .
Sponsored

Reactions: 0ne