Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2-door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

might not be that simple. The seats in the 2 door are different than the 4 door. In that they sit in a plastic bucket that rests at an angle to the wheel well
Aftermarket will come out with a storage door for this plastic crater void where the seats were.
Are there any photos or other evidence of this? I have not seen any good photos yet at all of the rear seats or cargo area really on the 2door. I too am hoping for easy removal, this is a no brainer. Ford should make the seats easily removable like they have done with the flares, bumper etc. Heck I kept the backseat out of my 98 XJ 4-door most of the time, and would be interested in doing the same here.

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So does this mean the 4 door has removable seats that don't require tools?

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i didnt say it. The ford guy did
I'm sure that person did say it. If you don't know there are more than one person that works at ford and each of their knowledge level varies. Once again the final interior design is NOT set. The ones running around are just prototypes, I'm sure this "ford guy" actually saw what he saw, it just does not matter.

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They probably didn't spend the money to make them easily removable and reinstall-able like the doors as they assumed that if you removed them they would stay in your garage forever. But then again, maybe they had to weld the seat rails to the floor.

Sponsored

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm sure that person did say it. If you don't know there are more than one person that works at ford and each of their knowledge level varies. Once again the final interior design is NOT set. The ones running around are just prototypes, I'm sure this "ford guy" actually saw what he saw, it just does not matter.
Ford Bronco 2 door rear seats NOT removable 56A6D745-23DE-4E04-AF7A-99387ACE4D8F

This is the ford guy. He was asked yesterday if they were removeable. He said he would check, then wrote back today that they are not.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Of course not. No one here is saying give us less space. We want the seats out, not folded, because we want more space.
I was just asking. My line of thinking was this - if Ford had shown us a model with 4" less vertical space, with the rear cargo area even with the folded seats, would that have been acceptable (as nobody would've known anything else)? They chose to give more space and for some reason not offer a slide out gate on the 2 door.

It sounds like you just want a 2 seat vehicle, which is unrealistic in today's market.

So does this mean the 4 door has removable seats that don't require tools?
No. They have the same 4" step.

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was just asking. My line of thinking was this - if Ford had shown us a model with 4" less vertical space, with the rear cargo area even with the folded seats, would that have been acceptable (as nobody would've known anything else)? They chose to give more space and for some reason not offer a slide out gate on the 2 door.

It sounds like you just want a 2 seat vehicle, which is unrealistic in today's market.

Nobody is saying they want a 2 seat vehicle. We want the freedom to remove the seats. Not sure what's confusing about this. But as others have said... they went in, they'll come out. For many 2-dooor owners, there are much more useful things to do with that space. Even folding the seats doesn't make them vanish. They take up a ton of space considering the very limited cargo area. This is exactly why people are surprised/disappointed that they seemingly didn't give this decision much thought.

It's an issue that we'll all have to solve and we will, but it would have been nice if Ford had put some thought into this beforehand.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I do not believe the 4 door has a step, they fold flat with the load floor. This is possible because the 4d has a well underneath the seat, the bottom flips forward the back lays down flat. The 2d has no well because the seat is directly over the rear axle.. Although they did pull it off in the Bronco II so...

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do not believe the 4 door has a step, they fold flat with the load floor. This is possible because the 4d has a well underneath the seat, the bottom flips forward the back lays down flat. The 2d has no well because the seat is directly over the rear axle.. Although they did pull it off in the Bronco II so...
I'm pretty sure that it is well established and official that the 4 door rear seats do not fold "flat" as you define it. They fold "flat" as ford defines it. In this case, there is a 4" step.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
still dont understand why ford cant supply a small slide out shelf like the 4 door. its not as much room but there is still PLENTY at the bottom here.
Ford Bronco 2 door rear seats NOT removable 1594689718206

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They are way past prototype builds... and closer to final production design then you seem to believe. Design is probably locked for this MY 2021.
Sponsored