Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would've been satisfied if they came up with an under storage tray that levels everything out. I could store some gear in there or something and when the back seats are folded, it'd be flat. I get it that some of us can make something or buy it on the aftermarket, but that's not the point when you spend $50k for a vehicle that apparently wasn't thought out all the way.
You are aptly named, Bullseye, cause you just nailed it. Dead on. I'm still hopeful between now and ordering time we see something like this offered from the factory.
Sponsored

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless Ford runs the numbers and sees that itā€™s a feature that most consumers donā€™t want and wouldnā€™t use if itā€™s equipped that way.

All of the gripes over the cargo space in the two-door is a matter of wanting ten pounds of crap in a five-pound sack. Thereā€˜s no way to satisfy the mob without major changes to the overall dimensions or the rear suspension. If you want a smaller Bronco, accept that youā€™re giving up space.
we are not asking for the same space as a 4 door.

we are asking for the same storage solution as the 4 door (a flat surface)

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Gotta' always think of the term "modular" with the Bronc. Ford says it. That's what makes the aftermarket go gaga. Aftermarket makes something for everyone. You just need a good starting point to work with and they will build.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sales School 101....sell against your rival's weakness. Jeep sales guys will be all over this

I don't even need to hear the Jeep sales pitch, all of the Jeep guys I know are already riding the F^%$K 'outta me .......... "it's IFS it 'aint 'gonna go nowhere". My response is always the same to them all.

We are gonna find out

Are you gettin' one

YUP.

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜12 Lexus GX, ā€˜75 Bronco Sport ā€œBuddyā€
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sales School 101....sell against your rival's weakness. Jeep sales guys will be all over this
Jeep sales guys will be all over the fact that thereā€™s more room in the Broncos in every configuration than in the wrangler?

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Last edited:

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd think a full delete in the aftermarket likely would not be reversible. I bet that anyone considering that plans to hold the vehicle for 10+ years...And then what happens you can't trade it into Ford when they come out with the newer broncos?

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I always planned on permanent rear seat delete (of course they can be removed) and open my wallet to goose gear for a flat surface.
No big deal.

Villageidit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Had a 1986 Ramcharger where the back seats were "not removable" (they had a fold and tumble thing). Previous owner welded the mounting nuts to the underside of the floor and viola, removable with one wrench in about 5 minutes. Getting that heavy pig out and storing it, a different question.
Folded forward and you used the seatbelt to hold it in place. Loved my '90 but that 318 was the worst engine I've had in any vehicle.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'd think a full delete in the aftermarket likely would not be reversible. I bet that anyone considering that plans to hold the vehicle for 10+ years...And then what happens you can't trade it into Ford when they come out with the newer broncos?
Why wouldn't seat removal be reversalble? I am sure we just talking about removing a handful of bolts. I doubt they welded them to the floor.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
thereā€™s more room in the Broncos
Usable room would be the key metric; unless your dog crates & coolers & boxes have a 4" step, Bronco's two-door design is not friendly. PLENTY of space - but compromised

I didn't think the pic/video of the 2DR seats fold was correctly done.
If FORD thought they had a winner in the 2-door rear, we'd be seeing a zillion pictures of it...and a dozen you tube videos as well. However, they seem to be hiding it

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why wouldn't seat removal be reversalble? I am sure we just talking about removing a handful of bolts. I doubt they welded them to the floor.
I mean a full delete, to make a totally flat area. You'd probably need them to remove the crater area and/or weld something in place to level everything

Sammy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
we are not asking for the same space as a 4 door.

we are asking for the same storage solution as the 4 door (a flat surface)
Iā€™ve only saw one picture of a two-door with the seat folded down. Since itā€™s a two-step process, itā€™s within the realm of possibility that the bottoms of the seat havenā€™t been moved away and are preventing the back from laying flat. If thatā€™s the case, itā€™s much ado about nothing.

Assuming the worst and the picture is accurate, then tell me what needs to be changed. All of the seat backs on modern SUVs are pretty tall, so Iā€™m willing to bet that itā€™s dictated by regulation. Put the front seat as far back as itā€™ll go and then use the height of the seat to dictate how far back it needs to be in order to lay flat. How much more space behind the rear seat is the average consumer willing to give up?

Doc Rocket

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Base, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Folded forward and you used the seatbelt to hold it in place. Loved my '90 but that 318 was the worst engine I've had in any vehicle.
And mine was the last of the 2bbl carburetor models. Something like a hot 120 Hp out of 5.2L displacement. To make up for that, it had the snowplow package with stiffer front springs than the one-ton. Blew a shock once and the only symptom was funny tire wear.
Sponsored