First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If your think this is angry just wait until build and price rolls out.
Whoops, looks like Mike Levine wanted to deflect from the seats, so he tweeted more today! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They probably spent less money in general on the 2 door because they expected low sales volume like Jeep. The 2 door appears to have gone way over Ford's expectations, so some bad choices on Ford's part.
First year 2 door sales will be relatively high because of pent up demand, but as the years go on, I'm sure the percentage breakdown will mimic Wrangler.
It does seem odd that Ford would leave this feature out. The 2DR. Bronco seats are designed differently than Jeep - with each seat being separate - so I can see how it may take a little more design ingenuity, but could have been done IMO.

My JK Wrangler's backseat was one whole piece and very easy to take out. It's pretty much just made to come out, if needed.

They focused on making all the other stuff easier to do (talking off doors, top ect..) and just forgot or didn't care about the backseat removal of the 2DR.

Having said that, I hope it's easier to get into the back seats in the Bronco than the 2dr. Wrangler. That's one of the reasons I actually removed my Wranglers's backseat. it was such a PITA to climb back there to clean up or retrieve larger stuff that I couldn't quite fit in the cargo area, that it was just easier to have the back seats out.

It would be nice to be able to take them out, but not that big of a deal to me.
Or their market research told them that very few are interested in removing the rear seats, so they didn't make that a feature.

They probably could have raised the rear of the floor to match the front, but then people would be complaining the lift over is too high.
That's why I posed the question earlier in the thread if they had just raised the load floor and nobody had known, would anyone have complained?

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That's why I posed the question earlier in the thread if they had just raised the load floor and nobody had known, would anyone have complained?
I have no doubt that some on this board would’ve absolutely complained about it. They seem pretty adept at inventing issues.

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

How many other SUVs have a 4" step in the middle of the cargo area?
Not many, but that doesn’t mean it’s the end of the world like some are making it out to be. People need to get over the fact that a mass produced vehicle wasn’t designed with every specific little nuance they wanted. If some of these tiny things are such an issue to people, then go buy something else. Everyone else in line will love getting their Bronco sooner.

One that does have an even bigger step is the $130,000 MB G-wagon.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How many other SUVs have a 4" step in the middle of the cargo area?
I haven't seen any pics of the underside. There's a fuel tank under there someplace. Perhaps it's location dictated the floor design?

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I haven't seen any pics of the underside. There's a fuel tank under there someplace. Perhaps it's location dictated the floor design?
Oh I'm certain there's a reason, it's not like ford just gave the 2 door poor storage just to be jerks

The overall issue is the stuff that will make the bronco good off road are the same things that make it worse for the majority of customers who aren't off roading. The fuel economy, the ride, the road noise and now bad cargo capacity too?

Without enough compromise for the mass market, ford won't sell enough bronco to last for a second generation, it'll be FJ cruiser part 2. There's a balance between keeping enthusiasts happy and also having mass appeal. I hope ford gets it right because they are bringing some interesting stuff to market

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have no doubt that some on this board would’ve absolutely complained about it. They seem pretty adept at inventing issues.
100% agree, and that's what I was getting at - the complaint would've then been "why can't we have 4" more storage space?" or "why is there no bin under here?"

I get the 4" height difference is inconvenient and unusual these days, but I also have little doubt the aftermarket will have a solution for it.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They are removable though. They're installed at the factory.

First thing I'm taking out when I receive mine.
Exactly. They may not be removable by design, but they are removable as all other seats are in cars. Remove the bolts and yank those things out.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hope some genius aftermarket company makes a kit to make the seats quick release, with a flat floor left behind. Wonder how much it’ll cost.?

Sponsored
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus SEL Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No one buying the 2dr cares about using the rear seats. If they did, they’d buy the 4dr. Really makes no sense to not be easily removable.
Sure it'd be great if they turn out to be easily removable, but I absolutely care about using the rear seats on my 2-door.

It'll be great having friends ride along to the beach or tooling around on a beautiful day, but that doesn't mean I need to drop thousands more for a 4-door since it's my daily driver and I don't have kids.

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know Ford's own marketing material reference the "Utility" of the Bronco, remember all those shots from the 60's and showing the Bronco being used for Ranching? As a rancher who intends to use a Bronco for some work, that un-flat rear cargo area is going to be a giant PITA. I will be using mine to haul fence repair supplies and fence posts are not going to sit well hanging off the back of the folded seat.

Again, this is no deal-breaker but it is short-sighted and to say they fold flat when they don't is an outright lie.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know Ford's own marketing material reference the "Utility" of the Bronco, remember all those shots from the 60's and showing the Bronco being used for Ranching? As a rancher who intends to use a Bronco for some work, that un-flat rear cargo area is going to be a giant PITA. I will be using mine to haul fence repair supplies and fence posts are not going to sit well hanging off the back of the folded seat.

Again, this is no deal-breaker but it is short-sighted and to say they fold flat when they don't is an outright lie.
I get this reasoning. But it’s similar complaint to the LR Defender not being a farm vehicle anymore.
The Bronco isn’t a ranching vehicle any more but more of a 4x4 just like a Jeep.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I really liked how our rear bench folded down in our 02 Escape. The seat cushion could be folded forward or removed very easily. Even had a little access hatch underneath to enable replacement of the fuel pump. Was hoping for similar functionality, maybe they will do it for next years model and I can get an upgrade seat out of a wreck in a few years.
Yeah they made an access for the pump but the alternator is a 6 hr job look it up ?
Sponsored