First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Jeep JKU, 1992 Jeep YJ, ‘71 F100, ‘02 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am a long time Jeep owner and currently own 2 of them. I've had dual tops for almost every Jeep Wrangler we have owned. However, the hard tops almost exclusively stayed sitting in my basement with very little use.

We would occasionally put the hard top on in the winter if we were going to the Outer Banks fishing. The rest of the year we kept the soft tops on the Jeeps.

That's one of the main freedoms most of us love about the Jeep. You can drop the top anywhere and if the weather turns sour then just put it back up.

So now I have become really excited about the new Bronco. I have researched this thing to death. If this thing turns out as great as we think then I could definitely see myself trading in my JK for one.

BUT, I was shocked to learn that there's NO factory soft top for the 2 door:mad:! Holy cow! Ford, what were you thinking?? You offer it on the 4 door and NOT the 2 door?? That does not make any sense? If your target buyer is current Wrangler owners then how could you make such a huge mistake?

I know a lot of Jeep owners and they all agree that the soft top is a huge selling point. It's one of the main reasons we love them so much.

Please tell me that there is a factory soft top coming for the 2 door Bronco as an option. If not then it's going to be a deal breaker for me until one is offered.

Thanks,
Michael
Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I find that bizarre as well. I haven't even seen good pics of the four door soft top. I feel sure that a soft top for the 2 door will be a Ford accessory at least.

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here's the expected 2dr options.

"Top - First Row Soft Top Conversion for Hard Tops",
"Top - Bimini Soft Top",
"Top - Bimini Soft Top and Canvas Soft Top",
"Top - Bimini Soft Top and Mesh Shade Top",
"Top - Bimini Soft Top, Canvas Soft Top and Mesh Shade Top",
"Top - Mesh Shade Top",
"Top - Canvas Soft Top and Mesh Shade Top

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe the 2DR Broncos come with the hard top standard but I'd be very surprised if Ford didn't offer a soft top as an option/accessory.

buildbigboats

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like the fact that the hard top is standard on the 2 door Bronco verses being a $1200+ option on the Wrangler. Much rather get a hard top with easily removable front panels and semi-easily removable rear section initially and purchase optional or aftermarket soft top. A big plus for me. I do live in a location with pretty chilly winters so that figures into my position

Sponsored

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m thinking they’re having some logistical issues maybe because of the whole Covid shut down when it comes to the soft tops. I mean just look at how bad the four-door’s soft top currently looks lol. And remember when the JL wrangler first came out, they’re soft tops were in short supply, Only hard tops were being shipped the first several months and some people who ordered duel tops were promised the soft tops later on. If Bestop isn’t the supplier for Ford I guarantee you they are already working on their own version for the Bronco. I too am glad the hardtop is a standard option for the two door. And when a soft top becomes available I’ll just switch them out.

OP
OP
mismith

mismith

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Jeep JKU, 1992 Jeep YJ, ‘71 F100, ‘02 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks! I sure hope you guys are right. A hard top is a real pain and I speak from experience with 2 door and 4 door Jeeps. If it's not raining and at least 68 or so outside, my top is down. You just cannot beat a soft top. But I would use the hard top on the Bronco, especially when we go to the Outer Banks.

I currently have the premium Twill soft top on my JKU. It is so quiet that you think you have a hard top on. The cheaper canvas soft tops are very noisy as others have said. So I hope they offer a good Twill top for the Bronco too.

I'm thinking a Cactus Gray 2 door will be replacing my Rhino colored JKU in the near future, Lord willing. Just wish a manual was available with the V6....:rolleyes:

I'm ready to get back to the smaller 2 door. I let the wife convince me to go with the 4 door JKU this last time. I just never fell in love with it like all my 2 doors. It just never seemed like a real Jeep. Just doesn't have the same feel. Don't get me wrong, it's got many positives and has some advantages but never felt like a true Jeep. My old '92 YJ won't be leaving, so I'll still have my old school Jeep fix.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A 2 door soft top will be coming from both Ford and Bestop I would safely assume.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have dual tops too, as does my son on his TJ. He never puts the hard top on. Mine is on for the N.C. summer, mid winter and road trips / vacations.

I am hopeful Bestop or someone comes up with a Trektop for the 2 door. Running it in “Bimini” form with the windows stored inside the top seems the perfect option to me.

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First, I'm not a troll. I have a JL Wrangler 4 door but wish I had a 2 door.... I LOVE the new Bronco. I'm a long time Ford driver. I've done nothing but drool over these things! When it comes time, I would probably order a 2 door even without a dual top option. With that said:

I too want a dual top (soft top and hard top) option for the 2 door. I don't see it listed on the Ford site yet.

To those who say you can add it later, you probably will be able to (when they become available). However, I learned my lesson on my JL and I don't relish the idea of ordering one without a dual top option from the factory.

The issue is Price.

In my Jeep example, I bought my Jeep off the lot and it wasn't a dual top option. 6 months later, I bought a new/unopened soft top from a dual top owner who didn't want theirs for $1200. My only other option I had was to pay close to $2,000 for one from Bestop or a retailer who sells Bestop.

If I would have ordered the Dual top option, it would have been around $700 instead of $1200 for the soft top.

The Soft top is Essential. That is the whole point!

Lewis

Sponsored

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m curious why it’s not an option. I live in SoCal, so have no need for the hard top and no where to store it. Even if I buy an aftermarket top, it’s just an extra expense and I’d have to unload the hard top somehow. Not sure there will be much of a market for it initially.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am sure aftermarket will provide.
No soft top on the 2 door is a deal breaker for me. Can't understand what Ford was thinking.

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am excited to see what Bestop offers. Are they still the OEM for Jeep of have they switched?