Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

1.) All you 2-door Peeps, please quit trying to talk people into getting a 2-door.

2.) Fords knows most of you want cargo space and will make you a 4-door Bronco (or an Expedition, and an F-250, and a Transit van).

3.) If you are trying to decide between the 2- and 4-door...

GET THE 4-DOOR!!!

(I don't know how many times we need to keep having this conversation. Get a 4-door. I want my 2-door to be special.)😍😍😍
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
1.) All you 2-door Peeps, please quit trying to talk people into getting a 2-door.

2.) Fords knows most of you want cargo space and will make you a 4-door Bronco (or an Expedition, and an F-250, and a Transit van).

3.) If you are trying to decide between the 2- and 4-door...

GET THE 4-DOOR!!!

(I don't know how many times we need to keep having this conversation. Get a 4-door. I want my 2-door to be special.)😍😍😍
Agreed Ford learned from the EB disaster, which everyone hates and was no fun. Ford has fixed that failure with the new 4-door Bronco. People buying a new 2-door will end up with a modern version of the EB, and who wants that. ;)

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
The new 2022 Jeep Wagoneer V8 is $57K. Cheaper than bronco and ton of cargo space!

Sponsored

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The cargo area of the 2-door Bronco with rear seats folded down is 43"x43". The cargo area of my 2-door Sahara with rear seat removed is also 43"x43".
Can you fit a mountain bike in there if front wheel is taken off?

Last edited:

Hyperforming

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like one of the few people in this thread to be qualified to reply to this statement... if only because I have a '61 Thunderbird. (y)

There's a difference between spaces enclosed entirely by metal, and an open space for storage which uses glass as the retaining material at it's upper portions like Bronco.

That being said, the storage in the trunk of my '61 Thunderbird is substantial. I can easily lay in it to do whatever work is required in there. Could most likely dump 2.5 or possibly 3 bodies back there. In a 2-door bronco you're limited in that you would have to push the corpses through the rear window (or side windows with Mod top!) but you're only getting 2 bodies in there at most before it's visible to the outside.

FWIW: i'm getting a 2-door Bronco and think it has plenty of rear storage space. In fact, i'm betting that even in the 2-door Bronco, I could get sparky and his bottle of Co2 back there same as in the '51. The bottle would have to be turned, of course, and the Bronco's spare tire wouldn't be in the trunk.

New welder.jpg

Trunk runs from bumper to rear window, only limited by the incredibly low trunk lid height and the fact the fuel tank is under the trunk. you can't fit corpses on their sides, must be on back or front, limiting it to a 3-corpse trunk at best.

20170510_174442.jpg
🤣 My wife and I also use bodies as a unit of measurement for storage. Lots of practical applications and it’s fun to see salesmen’s faces when you start rationalizing how they would fit wether in pieces or intact.

LMB

Black Diamond
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F250 Superduty 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What if instead of trying to make the seat fold flush, make the cargo area flush? With a mat or liner or something similar for example, it’ll subtract a few inches of height but it may fix the issue for most and make it an even space
What about making the cargo floor flat and back (useless) seat easily removal with minimal mounting points sticking up into the cargo space.
All of my Jeeps have had the rear seat removed and this is a perfect set up. More cargo space then I need and room for 1 passenger.
The back seats in all of my Jeeps always end up in storage until sold.
I would love a rear seat delete option.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
🤣 My wife and I also use bodies as a unit of measurement for storage. Lots of practical applications and it’s fun to see salesmen’s faces when you start rationalizing how they would fit wether in pieces or intact.
Picturing this as a Seinfeld skit.

Kramer: This baby will hold 20 bodies, easy!
Jerry: 20 - It's a convertible! No way, you're out of your mind.
Kramer: No, no, no - see Newman he's got an industrial grinder for destroying people's mail.
Jerry: Well sure, if you ground them.

Sponsored

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1) The seat bolts to the floor.
2) see what size the bolts are.
3) go to your toolbox and grab the correct size socket (probably 9/16" or 5/8")
4) remove the bolts
5) remove the seats from the vehicle.

The only way this process takes you more than 15 minutes is if you don't have tools and have to go to lowes.

(Source: I have taken seats out of multiple Ford vehicles)

I think I'll be able to remove them. My previous history might indicate I may have less success reinstalling them. ;)

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What about making the cargo floor flat and back (useless) seat easily removal with minimal mounting points sticking up into the cargo space.
Your post just got my DIY thought process going. Those mounting posts that stick up could actually be advantageous to making a long shelf that sits on top of the floor and then you could bolt it down and now it will not move. Use a large piece of cardboard to create a template, place the cardboard template on wood and cut the wood. Test fit, trim as needed add black or gray speaker cover material, or spray it with Rhino liner/Line-X or whatever the BL floor material is.
Bolt it down
Done

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your post just got my DIY thought process going. Those mounting posts that stick up could actually be advantageous to making a long shelf that sits on top of the floor and then you could bolt it down and now it will not move. Use a large piece of cardboard to create a template, place the cardboard template on wood and cut the wood. Test fit, trim as needed add black or gray speaker cover material, or spray it with Rhino liner/Line-X or whatever the BL floor material is.
Bolt it down
Done
Place the template on MDF - cut to create a more permanent template. Place MDF template on wood, rough cut wood, route with flush trim bit, sell millions, profit(?)
Sponsored