Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been on quite a few 2-4 day trips on my Harley with only what can be carried in my saddle bag liners and the occasional extra bag on the luggage rack. For me the 2 door would be a huge step up in terms of space. Guess it's all about perspective.
Neat.

We've done plenty of extended camping trips on our motorcycles... and I'm sure as hell getting a 4-door because it's nice to have the extra space when you can get it. Guess it's all about perspective.

;)

Ford Bronco 2-door storage area pic (seats up + tailgate closed) has me reconsidering IMG_8152.JPG
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

By the way, what is the vented protrusion on the inside of the tailgate?
It's where the gate latch/lock mechanism is. Same thing on a Wrangler. The gate is so thin otherwise you can't really "hide" those mechanisms in it.

zfischer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Tacoma, 4WD Sprinter, BJ42 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah. Longtime moto-camper and backpacker here as well, so I get the relative wealth of space in the 2-door. And I'm definitely looking forward to some solo minimalist camping with the 2-door bronco, which will be luxurious compared to a backpack or side bags/duffle.

But the thing I enjoy about car camping is exactly bringing all the gear--fire pits, grills, nice chairs, rafts, lights, big tables, etc. And I like to be the guy who has the tools and recovery equipment, etc, that has the whole group covered. So I also get the very limited space concerns.

I don't get the huge issue with the fold flat deck. There were design constraints and a very logical choice was made. If you don't want to fab something yourself, there are going to be options in the aftermarket, even for those keeping seats. I'm picturing a lockable storage case, that still hinges up to access the existing below deck storage and creates a flat surface with only a minorly annoying gap in the middle.

I'm getting the 2-door because I want to AND, more crucially, my other car is a decked out Sprinter camper van. If that weren't the case, it would be 4-door no doubt, which I personally think looks just as good and sometimes better.

Either way, I would probably build another offroad trailer for occasional use (sold my last one.)

CHALK911

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ram 2500, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Beyond disappointed in the 2 door. I’ve seen it in person and I understand they were shooting for the masses and not the few in order to move product. This looks like the perfect ride for a 16 year old. Fire away.
I don't know that I will ever be much more than a 16 year old (mentally), I have to get older, but I don't have to grow up! :)

Sponsored

KGRoberts

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Chevelle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hoping the "wash-out" floor is continuous through the vehicle. And flat would be nice.
Wouldn't a fly-away seat option be cool?

IMG_3766[1].JPG

hotrodtim

Wildtrak
First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 EXPEDITION,2009 F150,2003 LINCOLN AVIATOR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No need to reconsider, FORD has you covered. They have vehicles to meet your needs with rear storage behind the 2nd seat and the third seat if you wish. Buy the Expedition, or Expedition XL giving 12 additional inches., or buy the Explorer If the suv's won't work they have a variety of the newest and best line of pickup designs to fill ones needs.. No need for people griping about no room in the 2 door Bronco. The Bronco has a unique design since its debut in late 1965 . Ford did an excellent job on designing the newest edition. nothing should be considered needing change. I do believe the latest generation of people considering buying the newest Bronco want to reinvent the wheel. I still scoot around in my 1968 , back then 2 doors only and make do. If you didn't care for the short frame you bought a station wagon or a pickup. Suck it up people and put on your big boy pants, this new Bronco is awesome.:cool:

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The new 2022 Jeep Wagoneer V8 is $57K. Cheaper than bronco and ton of cargo space!
You missed the mark by $30k. 😳

• Jeep has resurrected the Grand Wagoneer nameplate for its new flagship three-row SUV
  • Expect class-leading towing capability thanks to robust body-on-frame underpinnings and a powerful 6.4-liter V8
  • Base MSRP of $86,995 surpasses Escalade and GLS-Class by about $10k

https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/priced-2022-jeep-grand-wagoneer-starts-at-87k.html

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People don't camp on the ground anymore? Wow, I really am getting old. When the kids were young, we'd setup a tent right on the ground. Add some pads under the sleeping bags and it was all good.
Point to the spot in this area you are going to throw your tent down at...

Rock-Climb-16x9.gif

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Rear seat passenger knees...
Ford Bronco 2-door storage area pic (seats up + tailgate closed) has me reconsidering 1615664094893

Ford Bronco 2-door storage area pic (seats up + tailgate closed) has me reconsidering 1615663975533

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Point to the spot in this area you are going to throw your tent down at...

Ford Bronco 2-door storage area pic (seats up + tailgate closed) has me reconsidering 1615663975533
Touché. Honestly, if you asked me if people camp in places like that, I'd probably say no, but I should probably assume that if anyone could do something, somebody would. 😄 My campsites tend to look a little more level, a little less rocky and preferably at least some trees. I'm not a fan of getting roasted out of bed by the sun at 6:00am.

I do like that both the two- and four-door Broncos will let us all do just about anything that a production vehicle could allow.

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I knew this was going to be a problem but its really starting to dawn on me how little space is back there. I know it "has more than wrangler" however its not even big enough for my cooler.

I think ford needs to take notice and next time they redesign this car they should 100% shoot for fold flat and FLUSH seating like the bronco sport. This way , if you get a 4 door or a 2 door your ability to store things is exponentially increased.

Added another view:

Edit: non-fishbowl photo, and video
7CE4BC21-23FC-4065-9F38-D0ADEF99D09C.jpeg

Thanks for the pics! Do you have any pics of someone (preferably a short person) standing next to a sas? I am still wondering just how tall it will be for us short people. I know I can look up measurements, but as the saying goes... a pic is worth a thousand words. Thanks!

For reference, here are actual measured dimensions diagrams:

4-Door for comparison:

hoffmanity

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Deville, 92 Pathy, 82 SR5 Pickup, 96 Vette GS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does anyone know if the front seats will fold flat, backwards? Would make it simple for folks like myself who want to have the option to car camp, build a small fold out platform that would boost the room back there at least a few feet. I see 48" and change of rear room with the rear seats out, I wonder if that's with the front seats all the way forward/backwards/etc?

Worst case I can build my own "extended tailgate" and tent out the rear gate, ala the old Aztek... but would be freaking sweet to be able to make a platform to sleep in the truck with the tailgate closed.

EDIT: did a really rough guess, it appears that there would be riiiiiiiight about 6 feet of space from the steering wheel to the rear gate, according to my highly scientific measurements based on the quoted 100" wheelbase.

Ford Bronco 2-door storage area pic (seats up + tailgate closed) has me reconsidering 1615829098649

Whether it's aftermarket or a garage build, I will be making this a reality for my 2022 2-Door Mansquatch... Love this truck already! So awesome!!!

Last edited:

Save_the_Manuals

Base
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 228i, Dodge Dakota, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will be removing the rear seats. Hopefully they are designed for in and out removal. If not, I'm still taking them out.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will be removing the rear seats. Hopefully they are designed for in and out removal. If not, I'm still taking them out.
They are bolted to the floor. About 10 minutes with a 10mm socket should be all you need.

They're not designed to be quick release/install... but removing them is hardly permanent.
Sponsored