First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What the hell are people talking about? Pulling rv's, boats, etc. And then posts: "Pulls great .. No problems!"

1. 2.7 has plenty of power to PULL a reasonable amount of weight.
2. WT suspension way way way to soft. Squats too much as well. 16' ft trailer with a couple pieces steel and some wood pellets (400lbs ish) @7000 ft
3. Can it pull? "Yes." Should you pull with it? Absolutely NOT!

But then again I continue to see Toyota Tacomas pulling 28' trailers around

*150 miles. Materials to cabin to build fence.

IMG_20211227_173442080.jpg
Sponsored

zane8stacks

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram rebel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i've been looking real hard at buying one of these, but the recent price increase to 27.5 and the 10 month lead time is off putting. The other traiiler i've been looking at around the 20k mark is the taxa tiger moth, but it doest have onboard water and has a cheaper kitchen IMO. My local rv dealership has a 21 yeah mission overland thats pretty heavily discounted, but i worry about leaks and long term use of the pop up top. The mammoth just looks like it was built to last years and you would get your moneys worth. dang if i dont keep talking myself into and out of ordering one lol

OP
OP
Potluck99

Potluck99

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 CJ5, 1977 J10, 2022 Lowrider ST
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

i've been looking real hard at buying one of these, but the recent price increase to 27.5 and the 10 month lead time is off putting. The other traiiler i've been looking at around the 20k mark is the taxa tiger moth
Understandable. I looked at the Taxa as well. Both the Wooly Bear and Tiger Moth. But if you try to outfit the Tiger Moth similarly to the Mammoth, it’s more expensive. Taxa was started by a NASA engineer so I trust the smart design elements, but Mammoth also has a aeronautical connection so they are on par.
Taxa has trailer axles while the Mammoth has Timbren 3500’s so if you plan on going off road with it, there’s no comparison. Throw in the 21gal water tank, hot water heater, stove, awning, rack, lighting, electrical, and all aluminum construction (all standard) the Mammoth was definitively a winner for me.
i honestly don’t think you can go wrong with either brand. I think the benefit of the Taxa is you can get it almost immediately.

bravely

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
3490 s leonard rd, new palestine in 46163
Vehicle(s)
1973 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, I have a Tiny Camper Company squaredrop that comes in right at 2K, I've towed it with my current vehicle (Cherokee Trailhawk) without brakes but likely will add them when I repack the bearings early next year. It's still hilarious to me that thing has a higher tow rating than the Bronco. Towed it to the NH off roadeo from STL. I have the brake controller for the Bronco in my cart right now, plan on taking advantage of that 15% off before the new year.
Don't have my bronco yet, but have been shopping for a camper. Pretty much decide on a tiny camper. 2 door BL non squatch. How does the tongue line up with the hitch....meaning, is a drop hitch needed? Can the tailgate be opened without a hitch extension?

ne2000

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't have my bronco yet, but have been shopping for a camper. Pretty much decide on a tiny camper. 2 door BL non squatch. How does the tongue line up with the hitch....meaning, is a drop hitch needed? Can the tailgate be opened without a hitch extension?
Depends on what camper you get and what hitch. This is a rock n roll with a Kong and a squatch, pretty much straight. I had the adjustable hitch from my last vehicle. Yes with this setup I can barely open the gate.

IMG_20220408_174421_359.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Potluck99

Potluck99

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 CJ5, 1977 J10, 2022 Lowrider ST
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I stopped using the extension. My tailgate clears it fine. -(I’m the OP)

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends on what camper you get and what hitch. This is a rock n roll with a Kong and a squatch, pretty much straight. I had the adjustable hitch from my last vehicle. Yes with this setup I can barely open the gate.

Ford Bronco 2 door towing performance - my experience with Mammoth Overland Trailer IMG_20220408_174421_359
Awesome setup. I've taken a look at these because I like that they don't use wood in the construction. How do you like it and how far off the beaten path have you taken it?

ne2000

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome setup. I've taken a look at these because I like that they don't use wood in the construction. How do you like it and how far off the beaten path have you taken it?
This is a 2020 when they were still using mostly wood, but I garage it. I like it a lot actually. Perfect for my situation. I've taken it on some light forest type roads, nothing crazy. Most of the camping around here isn't too far off the beaten path. But I've also taken it long highway trips. MO to NH and Michigan for example. I'm a do it your selfer so I wanted a blank canvas I could improve on and that's what I've done. Added my own cabinetry, different tongue box, full electrical and trailer brakes. With my mods it comes in just under 2k pounds. Honestly, with the bronco I'd recommend getting the brakes assuming you have the 7 pin. It tows it with no issues and I get about 14mpg when doing that but with the suspension it can feel sketchy when stopping without the brakes.

Reactions: Jdc

gorgin4325

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 6-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2 door towing performance - my experience with Mammoth Overland Trailer IMG_20220408_174421_359
Hi,
What size Kong is that? 5x8 or 6x8?
Do you happen to have a picture of the kong and Bronco both from behind? I'm trying to figure out whether or not the Kong is wider than the Bronco.
Thanks a lot.

ne2000

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi,
What size Kong is that? 5x8 or 6x8?
Do you happen to have a picture of the kong and Bronco both from behind? I'm trying to figure out whether or not the Kong is wider than the Bronco.
Thanks a lot.
5x8, are you curious about the wheelbase or the box itself? I mean the box truly is 5 ft. I don't believe I have a picture of that angle. They are roughly the same width but I can measure it.

gorgin4325

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 6-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

5x8, are you curious about the wheelbase or the box itself? I mean the box truly is 5 ft. I don't believe I have a picture of that angle.
Thank you so much. Yes, ideally I want a trailer that matches (or is slightly narrower) than the Bronco's wheelbase.
Thanks,
Sponsored