Sponsored

2-door vs 4-door Bronco for Overlanding?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Haha.... no worries! Clarification: Rock climbing as in with a vehicle! No way this old gal is doing that scary shit! ??
I think the 4 dr will fit us much better. I just want to order already! ?
Haha :ROFLMAO: beleive it or not my 300lb ass has done some light rock climbing in my day. Though nothing that would require any gear. I once knew a guywho at the time had sky dove over 250 times, we went and saw his 250th. He started jumping at 55. He was 65 at the timeI saw hin jump! You never know what your Bronco will lead you to. Better have plenty of room. But the 2 door is so bitchin!

OP
OP
SuzH

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha :ROFLMAO: beleive it or not my 300lb ass has done some light rock climbing in my day. Though nothing that would require any gear. I once knew a guywho at the time had sky dove over 250 times, we went and saw his 250th. He started jumping at 55. He was 65 at the timeI saw hin jump! You never know what your Bronco will lead you to. Better have plenty of room. But the 2 door is so bitchin!
Awesome!
I started competition shooting and hunting at 50!
What a blast and honor to fill my freezer!
Now to learn overlanding! I cannot wait! View attachment 72026
Ford Bronco 2-door vs 4-door Bronco for Overlanding? A204C824-A7CB-4A22-86EC-254B77B56846

086C8566-F9DD-4EF9-81EB-CAF18934B01C.jpeg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
SuzH

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

Willow

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Such a dilemma!!! I LOVE the look of the 2 dr. So very classic! However....there really isn't a lot of room. I go back and forth....2, no4, no 2.... Anyone else?
I figured I'd take the 2nd row seats out (if they don't lay flat) It would be me, hunky hubby and 3 dogs.

Plus.....rooftop real-estate is bigger on 4.

What are your thoughts?
Go for 4 door ?

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps and a Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just look at the overlanders who use Wranglers. How many 2 door vs 4 door Jeeps do you see on the overlanding trips?

One alternative to think about is the overlanding trailer that's small enough to be towed by the 2 door. They can haul your gear, give you drop down shelves for a mobile kitchen, hold the roof top tent, etc. But they don't come cheap, even if you build one yourself. I wouldn't take one over the serious rock crawling trails but for an overlanding trip that sees moderate trails, they're fine.

Sponsored

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Such a dilemma!!! I LOVE the look of the 2 dr. So very classic! However....there really isn't a lot of room. I go back and forth....2, no4, no 2.... Anyone else?
I figured I'd take the 2nd row seats out (if they don't lay flat) It would be me, hunky hubby and 3 dogs.

Plus.....rooftop real-estate is bigger on 4.

What are your thoughts?
4 door all the way. While the 2 door does look nice, it’s a PIA to get in the back seat. For me the clincher for he 4 door is the extra length that can allow you to bunk in the back with the seats down. Granted, you need to do something about the hump between the cargo area and the folded seats, but that’s an easy fix.
As Dennis Miller always says when he ends his rants, “That’s my opinion but I could be wrong”. 😁

Sherminator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had a newfie for a long time! BEST> and OP what did you order? Im the same boat, kids, dogs, guns, misc crap and Costco runs. Im pulling out my hair to figure which vehicle to order. I loved the Sporttrac for the ease of camping and loading, but ran out of room for people and animals inside.
Sponsored