Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Area 51 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why? I have a 7 year old and 11 year old and I'm doing a 2 door. We have another SUV for a vehicle too, but still this shouldn't be an issue.
Yanking the seat up to lift my kid in and strapping her in sounds miserable, especially when there's an option where I can avoid that. We do not have another SUV but I'd rather get the kids into my wife's 4 door Civic than go shoving that seat around several times a day.
Sponsored

rand442002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Ram W250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a camaro when my kids were younger (2013 SS) and the wife had the suv family hauler. the occasional times they were in my car we made it work! they're not in car seats that many years!
This is precisely why I'd say get a 4 door. It'll be easier until they're at least getting themselves in and out, most folks replace vehicles every 3-5 years and, the most important, what better excuse to upgrade to a 2 door warthog in a few years.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Where there's a will there's a way, but I'll take this moment to point out that the 2 door Bronco has 4 seat belts and the 4 door has 5 seat belts.

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a 14 month old now and another baby on the way due this spring (21'). Am I crazy for even considering a two door?? I keep telling myself I have to go with the four door, but something about a 2 door keeps pulling me toward that. Getting the babies (rear facing) in and out is going to be pretty tough (if at all possible) unless the top is off and I could maybe pull them out the sides or back. Once they are both facing forward it will be much easier but still going to be tougher then a four door I am thinking. This wont be my main vehicle as I have a fusion I commute in but would use it on the weekends and some week days. Any one out there driving around a Wrangler 2 Door with kids??
Get the 4 door, have the exact same dilemma, baby on the way in March, plus 4 door keeps value more than 2 door

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a ~2 year old and a 5 year old, but the family car is my wife's Outback. I don't think the four of us have ever all been in my daily driver, and I'm hard pressed to remember a time when even my wife and I were in the car with one or the other kid.

I think the 2dr is a tough choice if you have kids you have to tote around consistently, but if you've got a family vehicle that does that job more often than not, then why not? That's my justification, at least.

Sponsored

Nyuofa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Google
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2 door will be a bit tougher since your kids will be rear facing for a few years. But it’s not impossible.

I have 2 kids under 6 who are in car seats. Getting them in and out of my M2 can be a pain, but it’s worth it. Get the car you want. I’m personally going for the 2 door, as recommended by my son haha

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My kids are 11 & 13. They were babies last week, they’re time machines. Ya’ll be insane IMPO to buy a 2D as your primary family vehicle with infants. I can’t imagine attempting to get a car seat in and out of the 2D back seat, shoot me. Hell, I have a 4D Tacoma and we’re keeping it when the Bronco is ready cause we will need a 3rd vehicle soon enough. Plus family camping trips will be WAY better when we roll two vehicles. And yes, I’m still getting the 4D.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Going in through the tailgate might be the ticket for the toddler but for the new baby you'll have to make sure an infant carrier can fit through one way or the other. I bet it's possible and certainly worth the struggle if it's not everyday! Once they can climb in on their own you'll be on easy street. (y)

Dracheo

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit, Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a 3 year old. I decided on the 2 Door, instantly. I asked my wife if she was thinking about adding to the family, because if we have another kid, I'd probably have to get a 4 Door. But, she's completely set on one and done, so I'm certain I can make the 2 Door work.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My kids are grown and gone. I'm getting a 2 door. When they were that small, I got a Suburban. You can do it, but why? The 4dr is just too easy compared to the 2.

Sponsored
OP
OP
drive21bronco

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A lot of good points out there! Thanks for all your input.

OP
OP
drive21bronco

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think I am going to go for the two... Can use my wifes car when we need the space and the times im hauling them around I will just have to struggle. Once they are both facing foward I feel it will be much easier to get them in and out. When they are young kids I think they will enjoy it back there. (but who am I to know or say, im going with my gut is has never let me down yet) Mostly I will be driving it alone to work and back with some mornings and or afternoons dropping them off at day car or my mothers. the 4 door is much more practical with a family but I am known to torture myself in some ways to enjoy life in other ways. I think the two door is just going to be much more fun to drive and more "Bronco" in my opinion. My mind may still change but that is where I am at right now.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm planning to buy a 2dr too and I have two young little boy under 6 years old. It's my DD and weekend but my girl friend have a 4dr vehicle. Am I crazy too?
My father put his love for cars over our comfort through my whole childhood. We were always squished in the a mustang or some other car. I enjoyed every minute of it And led to my love of cars today. So yes, get the two door.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2dr would be fine, kids stay small for a while and once the car seat is in, the major battle is over. Not to mention this part "This wont be my main vehicle as I have a fusion I commute in but would use it on the weekends and some week days." Plan to replace the Fusion with something a little bigger later down the road, best of both worlds.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My kid bought a two door Jeep. Got pissed every time I told him he was going to buy a four door. My grandson was six month old when my DIL and grandson come rolling into the driveway in a four door. He still says he misses the two door tho. I did not like wheeling in the back of the two door. Felt trapped. I’m looking at an empty nest. 4 door for me.
Sponsored